Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 14:08   #2671
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

It's a stray which we adopted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2513593

Last edited by archat68 : 24th April 2012 at 14:16.
Old 24th April 2012, 19:30   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Sound advice from Karthik! Bathing with savlon and wiping down sounds a little weird...please do more research on the net before attempting these things.

I would also suggest you take another opinion from another reputed vet and post back here.
Old 28th April 2012, 13:53   #2673
BHPian

Hi All,

i have my pet Lucky and due to me not in India it has became very difficult for the family to maintain it, as its 4 years huge and my sister travelling a lot for the treatment of her daughter.

so i wanted some one who can adopt my pet as a pet not as a dog.

the pet is currently in My home town, which is 200 kms from Bangalore and who ever is interested please let me know.

one of the BHPIAN whom i know very well was supposed to take it unfortunately he met with a accident and now he cannot come and take it.

so any one is intrested then please PM with details will send the details and they have to get the pet from my home town.

also please note that if i like the way they keep the pet(will come to India in June) then they can permanently keep it.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-267873_2254882851375_1227432324_32828977_8348541_n.jpg  

Old 30th April 2012, 18:42   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi All,

i have my pet Lucky and due to me not in India it has became very difficult for the family to maintain it, as its 4 years huge and my sister travelling a lot for the treatment of her daughter.

so i wanted some one who can adopt my pet as a pet not as a dog.

the pet is currently in My home town, which is 200 kms from Bangalore and who ever is interested please let me know.

one of the BHPIAN whom i know very well was supposed to take it unfortunately he met with a accident and now he cannot come and take it.

Finally i was able to send MY Fellow lucky to the same Bhpain whom i trust him since i have brought Lucky from its day 20th of its birth. Lucky would be travelling to bangalore with my family and will be handed it over to the BHPIAN. i miss you lucky but surely i will see him in June when i am back from Europe.

it has been with me close to 3 yrs and its really hard to depart from my life.

but i am sure that he will be very happy with his new owner, and i have confident.
Old 1st May 2012, 22:57   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Finally i was able to send MY Fellow lucky to the same Bhpain whom i trust him since i have brought Lucky from its day 20th of its birth. Lucky would be travelling to bangalore with my family and will be handed it over to the BHPIAN. i miss you lucky but surely i will see him in June when i am back from Europe.

it has been with me close to 3 yrs and its really hard to depart from my life.

but i am sure that he will be very happy with his new owner, and i have confident.
Lucky you got someone who can really take good care. However, please stop referring him/her as "it", a living being.
Old 6th May 2012, 15:50   #2676
BANNED

One mental cat

I've been tolerating this "devdaas" tomcat for many months now - he comes for my female cat, meows loudly in the most pitiful and loud way incessantly - like he is going to die the next minute. Having raised cats for more than 10 years I can tell you this one is mental ... the first few months my cat was ok with it a few feet away but always hostile, and I thought it would get lost once the mating was done ... but either it never succeeded or its the tomcats mental state, he just keeps coming back every night sometimes in the day meowing endlessly in a disgustingly pitiful fashion. The cat equivalent of a drunkard devdaas in the throes of depression and contemplating suicide ... it meows like its going to die th next moment if it doesn't see my kitty right now.

Now since the last 3 months I've noticed my cat is terribly frightened of him - he is skinny while my cat is a Tun-Tun almost twice his weight. Yet she pees all over the place when he raids the house and tries to get near her.

Yesterday morning around 5AM I got scratched badly while in a deepest state of sleep and I woke up with a startle - I got nicked next to my eye and on my palm and I saw something brown scurrying away. I lost some 5 to 6 drops of blood. I thought it was the tomcat attacking me because I had scared the sh!t out of him a few days back. Today the same thing happened and I opened my eyes in time to realize it was my own cat trying to wake me up in panic for protection. Today she peed all over my bed in fright and also underneath. Yesterday it was the living room. She screams like she is going to die when he gets near.

I am going to have to pepper spray this tomcat I'm afraid ...
How small is the smallest can of pepper spray and where can I get it?

A pic of my HotRod Kitty attached
--Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-hotrodkitty.jpeg  

Last edited by Ragul : 6th May 2012 at 15:56.
Old 6th May 2012, 18:51   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Re: One mental cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The cat equivalent of a drunkard devdaas in the throes of depression and contemplating suicide ... it meows like its going to die th next moment if it doesn't see my kitty right now.
species might change, but guys never do

Quote:
A pic of my HotRod Kitty attached
hehe.. love that name
Old 6th May 2012, 20:53   #2678
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: One mental cat

Quote:
Now since the last 3 months I've noticed my cat is terribly frightened of him - he is skinny while my cat is a Tun-Tun almost twice his weight. Yet she pees all over the place when he raids the house and tries to get near her
That's very bad.

I had a huge Tabby Tom about forty years ago. He and I went to live in a flat where there was a small female. He bounded up to her, wanting to be friends, she reacted with fear, and he reacted to the fear with violence. I never saw such a reaction. Luckily there was a central hall, and we could keep the cats apart fairly easily.

As to heart-broken toms, I've known a few. When I lost my Girl Cat last year, I was heartbroken --- but so was the young tom who used to hang around her. He used to wail most sadly.
Old 6th May 2012, 21:10   #2679

Here's a picture of my pet rabbit 'Bunny'. She was with me for almost 2 years until I had to give her off to a friend as I was relocating. Something I'll regret forever..
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-13342_103155013044255_100000492717894_81144_259886_n.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 12:50   #2680
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's very bad.

I had a huge Tabby Tom about forty years ago. He and I went to live in a flat where there was a small female. He bounded up to her, wanting to be friends, she reacted with fear, and he reacted to the fear with violence. I never saw such a reaction. Luckily there was a central hall, and we could keep the cats apart fairly easily.

As to heart-broken toms, I've known a few. When I lost my Girl Cat last year, I was heartbroken --- but so was the young tom who used to hang around her. He used to wail most sadly.

Hi Thad

Sorry about your girl cat.

But this tom is not heart broken I say. It is just a plain emotional-mental/psycho case (not sorrow) in western terms, or a bad karmic rebirth case in desi terms.

Pray how is it possible to separate two free moving cats because there is a large hall?

PS: Many apologies, I neglected to and never properly introduced myself before, but I think you would've guessed from my earlier posts about cats in another forum. Me G0bble you Thad ...

--Rahul

Last edited by Ragul : 7th May 2012 at 12:58.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:58   #2681
Distinguished - BHPian

I think sorrow and heartbreak is the same the world over, and appears to exist in animals, or at least some animals, in a very similar way to humans.

Currently we have a new love affair in our garden. The small female cat from next door is besotted with the young tom who has adopted us over the past few months. She looks pretty and innocent, but is far from it. I saw her following him and grabbing his balls!!!

Large hall... ah, now that is a cultural misunderstanding. 'Hall,' in British residential terms, means passage way, not room.

And ... Hello G0bble
Old 7th May 2012, 14:15   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Lucky you got someone who can really take good care. However, please stop referring him/her as "it", a living being.
Hi All,

there was lots of Hungama which lucky has created in the BHPIAN House, so it came back to my home as the BHPIAN wife was not comfortable adopting lucky(being huge & lucky barks on the BHPIAN Wife , but it was comfortable with the BHPIAN) not sure what happened to the fella.

so decided to keep lucky with me and now its in kennel whom i know and he has kept lucky in his home rather than in kennel, and forgot to tell yesterday lucky was in his pool swimming with him. even i am happy after spending huge money for the kennel for 2 months.

here is one picture sent by my kennel friend and lucky is happy. still missing you lucky.

Please note that Lucky is not leashed at home, but when they take lucky for a walk its leashed due to stray dogs in his area.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img2012050400474.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 14:31   #2683
BHPian

Introducing my pet for the first time on Team-BHP - Lab 4.5 years old now...His name is Cookie. Please welcome him

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cookie1.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cookie2.jpg
Old 7th May 2012, 14:33   #2684
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think sorrow and heartbreak is the same the world over, and appears to exist in animals, or at least some animals, in a very similar way to humans.
I agree but this has been the way the Tom behaved since day 1 before the 1st encounter. Heartbreak for what? My cat didnt go away, its still here. I definitely know the case when it is a genuine case of heartbreak vs a mental case ...

Quote:
Currently we have a new love affair in our garden. The small female cat from next door is besotted with the young tom who has adopted us over the past few months. She looks pretty and innocent, but is far from it. I saw her following him and grabbing his balls!!!
Remind me to dress up like a Tomcat the next time I visit a pub ...

Quote:
Large hall... ah, now that is a cultural misunderstanding. 'Hall,' in British residential terms, means passage way, not room.

And ... Hello G0bble
Interesting ... why do you Brits such Wonky "distortions" of your own language?

--R

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th May 2012 at 15:30. Reason: quote tag fixed
Old 7th May 2012, 14:51   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Hey friends,

I have recently added many pairs of fishes - oscar, mono angel, neon akara, gourami, firemouth, parrot and angels to my aquarium which was left with only with a single shark and crocodile fish

i was looking to add a flowerhorn of a size equal to my aquatic family, some are saying that they can accommodate but some differ, what say? any idea?
will post the snaps soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks