Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 23:13   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nope. Here's my experience for our two month old daughter, just a few posts down.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4584282 (Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*)
Thanks for replying. Thats what I knew as well but wanted to confirm if rules have changed recently.
Old 4th February 2020, 11:50   #227
BHPian

My 8 year old daughter's passport, issued in 2013, had expired in 2018. Filled out the online reissue application using my login id. Earliest available date for the appointment was a week away on 23rd Jan. There was also a change in address involved since her passport was issued in Vizag and the current address is in Kolkata. Took the following documents with me.

Daughter's passport - original and copy.
My passport - original and copy
Wife's passport - original and copy (spouse's names endorsed in both passports)
Annexure D

Reached the PSK next to Ruby Hospital Kolkata 15 minutes before the 12:15 reporting time. It was more crowded than usual as 23rd is a public holiday in Kolkata. Breezed through the initial document verification and counter A where her photo and biometrics were taken. After the file was okayed at Counter B, we waited for what seemed like too long to be called to counter C. When we enquired with the same officer at counter B, he rechecked and said we could leave as our process was completed! I checked my phone and indeed the text acknowledgement that we were through was there. My wife nevertheless went to an officer at counter C who stamped the old passport. A text informing that the passport has been sent for printing was received soon after. The reissued passport was delivered next Wednesday.

Very smooth experience overall. It took longer than usual as there was a rush of applicants that day but did not see folks manning the counters leaving their posts at lunchtime. We would have been out earlier if I had checked my phone and seen the text.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 13:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Reissued my 7 year old daughter's passport yesterday at PSK, Pune, before its expiry in a few weeks.

Even though we had taken the originals + copies of our Aadhaar cards and daughter's birth certificate, only the following documents were needed at the PP office:

1. Daughter's passport - original and photocopy attested by parents.
2. My passport - original and self-attested photocopy (with spouse's name endorsed).
3. Wife's passport - original and self-attested photocopy (with spouse's name endorsed).
4. Annexure D (this used to be Annexure H a few years back)

Process was quite smooth, and it took only 35 minutes from entry to exit.

One thing I don't get is, even though there is no change in address, they have granted the reissued PP on "Post Police Verification" basis (got an email this morning informing me of the process initiation). I was under the impression that it's not needed for minors, and also clearly remember that there was no police verification done for her passport when we had applied for a fresh one back in March 2016.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st January 2021 at 13:34.
Old 16th November 2021, 22:00   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

One thing I don't get is, even though there is no change in address, they have granted the reissued PP on "Post Police Verification" basis (got an email this morning informing me of the process initiation). I was under the impression that it's not needed for minors, and also clearly remember that there was no police verification done for her passport when we had applied for a fresh one back in March 2016.
Hi, how did the police verification part go? My cousin got his 1 year old’s passport approved in tatkal processing but he also got a message that police verification has been initiated in his area’s police station. Do you get a call from them? Or you followed up with some documents yourself?
Old 16th November 2021, 22:07   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Hi, how did the police verification part go? My cousin got his 1 year old’s passport approved in tatkal processing but he also got a message that police verification has been initiated in his area’s police station. Do you get a call from them? Or you followed up with some documents yourself?
I had got a SMS from the police station that had the date and time when I had to visit them, along with my daughter. Documents needed were more or less the same as those submitted with the passport application. The actual verification process was very smooth and took hardly 5 minutes. Most likely, the PP will be delivered before the verification happens.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th November 2021 at 22:14.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:07   #231

I got my 4 years old son's passport issued last week. Applied through the normal window.
Required documents were,
1. Proof of Age - submitted the Birth Certificate
2. Proof of Address - submitted my Aadhar
3. Annexure D duly signed by both parents.

Appointment was on Sept 21, 4pm at Bangalore SaiArcade PSK. There is a separate counter for minor applicants as we enter. On document verification, we were given a 'S' series token. Other adult applicants were being issued 'A' series tokens.
We were the second in queue on the 'S' series and were called to counter A in about 5mins. Once clearing counter A, we had to wait for another 5mins to be called at Counter B. Subsequently, another 5min wait at counter C. Application was approved and we were on our way out in 20mins flat.
I really appreciate that we were fast tracked. It would have been difficult to entertain my son had the wait been longer. I saw some parents with their tiny toddlers having difficult time managing documents.

For the documents verification, self attested copy of both parents passport was required to be submitted and in Counter B originals of the same were checked. Both my passport and my wife's passport has the spouse named mentioned.

Passport was delivered to our address on Sept 23rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
We were issued the passport on post PV basis too. I read on the passport seva kendra website's FAQ's that police verification is not required for minor applicants. However, I got an email for the passport authorities that application is sent to concerned police station for verification. Later I got a SMS from the police station to come with all documents. I asked the officer specifically why the verification is being done when Annexure D is submitted and both parents have valid passports, his explanation was that if the minor's application would have been made along with parents application (Renewal or Fresh) then verification is not required for minor, else police verification is mandatory.
rmz1088 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:12   #232
Team-BHP Support

My daughter's (6 years) passport arrived yesterday. In the picture, her smile is crooked while it is not, her all facial expressions are normal. I know, to change the picture, it will be a tedious process, will there be any issue at airports (mostly South Asian countries) while traveling?
Old 12th September 2023, 18:55   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My daughter's (6 years) passport arrived yesterday. In the picture, her smile is crooked while it is not, her all facial expressions are normal. I know, to change the picture, it will be a tedious process, will there be any issue at airports (mostly South Asian countries) while traveling?
None at all. My elder daughter had a big smile on her face in her first couple of baby passports. It was never a problem. In fact she had her head moved partially to one side in her US visa pic issued when she was a toddler and that was never an issue either. Notable point is that we were residents of Singapore and travelled a fair bit internationally when she held that passport!

I have a unique issue with my younger child's application. After making the payment and scheduling the appointment, I realised I had entered her name incorrectly- swapped Given Name and Last Name for some reason! The "preview" just displayed her name in LastName-FirstName format so I assumed it was correct. Now it won't allow me to retrieve the submitted form. Should I cancel and start the whole process? Or will they accomodate me at Counters A and B? We all (wife, myself, kids) share a common last name so I really don't foresee an issue there. But is there something else I need to do before going to the PSK on my appointment date?
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 10:52   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I realised I had entered her name incorrectly- swapped Given Name and Last Name for some reason! The "preview" just displayed her name in LastName-FirstName format so I assumed it was correct. Now it won't allow me to retrieve the submitted form. Should I cancel and start the whole process? Or will they accomodate me at Counters A and B? We all (wife, myself, kids) share a common last name so I really don't foresee an issue there. But is there something else I need to do before going to the PSK on my appointment date?
A few months back I had applied for renewal of my elder son's passport and at the same time I applied for a fresh application of my younger son in Mumbai.
Everything went smooth, I remember they ask you at counter A to check the information and ask you whether you wish to make changes or not. So in your case you can ask them to make that change you require.
Before I came out of the passport office, I had already received sms that the applications are approved and next day got the passport delivered at home. Police verification happened a week after that. I had NOT opted for tatkal service. Hope this helps.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:18   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

So we applied for a passport for our 4+ month old child. The process was seamless through & through.

1) Documents we carried
- Aadhaar cards for both parents with current address
- Aadhaar card for infant applied and obtained a week before the appointment
- Birth certificate (with same address)
- Gas bill (with current address)
- Rent agreement
- Passports for both parents (both with different city based addresses)

2) Normal appointment taken. Overall time taken was about 20 mins with no delays at any of the stages. We were in & out with only queue seen at the documents verification at the initial token counter. This was inspite of there being a separate queue for infants and senior citizens. The other normal counters were filled choc-a-block.

3) The gas bill was taken as the source of address (over the Aadhaar & rent agreement); we didn't argue and let them decide which document was better. They checked the passports for documenting our passport numbers and validity of our respective passports. And the birth certificate to reconfirm with regards to the baby's details. It didn't matter the addresses on our passports were different (both were for different Bombay addresses where we had resided earlier).

4) It's been less than 24 hours since the appointment got over; the passport had already been printed and sent out via Speed Post. Expected to receive it later today or maximum tomorrow morning.

5) There's a police verification step that is required to be done as per a separate email sent to us; we have been requested to do a in-person visit to the local/suggested police station if they don't do a verification in the next three weeks. Obviously this doesn't prevent the passport delivery as it's already been shipped to our address.

Overall quite a seamless process and experience so far. Will update if any constraints turn up.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 15:54   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Everything went smooth, I remember they ask you at counter A to check the information and ask you whether you wish to make changes or not. So in your case you can ask them to make that change you require.
Thanks- this is exactly what happened. I informed the person who issues the file (before going to counter A) about the specific problem so he annotated "name correction" on my file, which I got done at Counter A. Just got the SMS today about the passport getting dispatched.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 22:48   #237
Senior - BHPian

I need to get my 1 year old sons passport done. Is there any specific document required for ECNR ?

We, both husband and wife have ECNR (passports without ECR stamp).

Do we need to carry anything for ECNR for our kid so that he also gets without ECR stamp ?
Old 14th March 2024, 09:54   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I need to get my 1 year old sons passport done. Is there any specific document required for ECNR?
Minors (below 18 years of age) by default are ECNR.

Carry his birth certificate, Aadhar, and a copy of your passports. If you don't have each other's names as spouse on your passport, carry the marriage certificate and a photo from the wedding, for good measure (shouldn't be required mostly).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th March 2024 at 15:28.
Old 14th March 2024, 13:41   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Minors (below 18 years of age) by default are ECNR.

Carry his birth certificate, Aadhar, and a copy of your passports. If you don't have each other's names as spouse on your passport, carry the marriage certificate and a photo from the wedding, for good measure (shouldn't be required mostly). And
Thanks for your reply, appreciate it, got the passport done today.

No special documents required. Minors are given it with ECNR by default. Also, as both father n mother have ECNR, there isn't any issue for minors ECNR.

Not sure for minors between 5-18 years of age.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 14th March 2024 at 13:42.
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:12   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Not sure for minors between 5-18 years of age.
Applicable to all minors.

Recently got my kid's passport renewed (age 5-10 category). In and out in 45min. No police verification necessary as mentioned on the application.

Carried:
1) original and photocopy of passports of kid, self and wife
2) original and photocopy of Aadhar of kid, self and wife
3) original and photocopy of kid's Birth Certificate
4) Annexure D

In a first, the person at Counter C punched a hole in the existing (old) passport. Received the new passport on T+3.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd March 2024 at 12:17.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks