Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 02:18   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Have rules changed recently? In my wife's passport we just got the spouse endorsement done, not a new passport. It remained the same way until her passport renewal, when the spouse name was added on the address page.
May be, not sure about rules before I got this done but I definitely had been issued a new book with new no. With the old passport no.having a mention in the new one.

I have to keep both my passports pinned together all the time.
Old 13th August 2015, 23:11   #137
BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Thanks for your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Unfortunately, you cannot as this will get you a new passport with a different no. and all general rules will apply.
We did this last year when I had to get a new passport for our 3 Mon old baby. We requested the gov officer to skip the police verification and he obliged but it is person dependant. We had some contacts at the PSK and got the passport in 3 days flat without tatkal, as soon as I got my new passport I applied for the infant one.

I dont think even if you apply now with tatkal, it will come before the deadline. Still give it a try, but AFAIK, unless spouse name is not endorsed, infant passport will not be issued.

FYI..
If it is only about getting a passport for your child, one of the parents endorsing the spouse is enough. Both are not required.
According to the website we can reschedule appointments three times before the application gets cancelled. We can reschedule online only after 7pm of the appointment day. Planning to reschedule my daughters appointment to a later date.

I have taken a appointment for the spouse name endorsement which is next week. Hoping to get the endorsed passport soon. (any one parent having endorsement is a requisite.)

Once spouse name is endorsed we can proceed for my daughters passport.
Wish I had read the team-bhp forum before applying.
Lesson learnt, and now I have also read the passport website completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Have rules changed recently? In my wife's passport we just got the spouse endorsement done, not a new passport. It remained the same way until her passport renewal, when the spouse name was added on the address page.
Hoping that only the spouse name endorsement is done on the present passport, not a new passport which may take time.
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:18   #138
BHPian

Hi Gurus on this Thread,

I need to apply for passport for my 6 months old daughter. I have adequate identity and address proofs as per the requirements. However, there are couple of issues:

1. My passport doesn't contain my wife's name as it was renewed before marriage. My name is endorsed in my wife's passport as the same was renewed post marriage. However, her passport has her pre-marriage surname (i.e. my surname was not added, we tried adding but the passport office guys asked to get ID and address proofs with changed surname which we didn't have at that time).

2. The birth certificate of our daughter has mother name with my surname.

3. The passports of my wife and me were issued in Mumbai (after police verification) but have addresses different from the current address. Also, its been only 10 months since we started living at the current address.

In view of the above, what all complications we can face while applying for passport of my daughter and what remedial measure we should take to avoid those.

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
My name is endorsed in my wife's passport as the same was renewed post marriage. However, her passport has her pre-marriage surname (i.e. my surname was not added, we tried adding but the passport office guys asked to get ID and address proofs with changed surname which we didn't have at that time).
If you aren't in any hurry and your wife does not have any business visits planned in the upcoming months. I'd suggest to get the name change done on your wife's passport.

This helps in getting the mother's name in daughter's passport the same as mother's name in birth certificate, as the passport name (of father, mother) is what gets filled in the address page. When you do your renewal, spouse name in your renewed passport will also get aligned with the changed surname.

This might not be a huge deal when in India or doing tourist visits. But would be a bureaucratic point to drag if you are going on long term with family.
Old 17th October 2015, 21:11   #140
BHPian

Hi,
Applying for son's renewal and have a few questions.

1. does anyone know the processing time for a 'normal' passport ? The FAQ says 1 day for tatkal, but doesnt seem to mention a time for normal. Asking because I chose normal during application submission and it looks like I will need to resubmit if I want to change to tatkal.

2. do I need to upload documents or can I just take original+photocopy directly?

3. My son is 5 years old now, can I still walk-in - FAQ's sometime say up to 3 years and sometimes 'minors'

thanks !

Last edited by manku : 17th October 2015 at 21:21.
Old 11th December 2015, 11:35   #141
Senior - BHPian

Guys a QUICK one on infant fresh passport

My kid is 1.5 yr old. Do i need to take prior appointment or can just walkin ?
I know there is some walkin cases allowed but is it only for below one year ?

This is for Bangalore PSK(but i believe rules will be same all over india)
Old 17th February 2016, 09:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Hi Folks,

My wife's passport is up for reissue (Pune passport office), and she will also apply for a change of last name and address during that process.

I've also heard that an appointment is not needed for a minor's passport application (however, didn't find any explicit statement to this effect on the passport website). Is this true? If yes, can we use my wife's appointment slot to also apply for my 2.5 years old daughter's passport?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th February 2016, 09:56   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Folks,

My wife's passport is up for reissue (Pune passport office), and she will also apply for a change of last name and address during that process.

I've also heard that an appointment is not needed for a minor's passport application (however, didn't find any explicit statement to this effect on the passport website). Is this true? If yes, can we use my wife's appointment slot to also apply for my 2.5 years old daughter's passport?

Cheers,
Vikram
Recently (Jan) got my kid's (2.5 yrs) passport done at Bangalore RPO.
Upto the age of 3 years, kids get priority equivalent to senior citizens. If your kid is older, then apply for a tatkal passport, which will reduce frustrating waiting time at the PSK.

Here is how it went:

- Use your login credentials to login to the passport website.
- Apply for a fresh passport by filling in the form, downloadable from the website. There isn't any separate form for Minors, so fill in the form offline and upload it back.
- Make payment online, and book an appointment slot.
- Go to the PSK and show the Appointment printout and original documents to get a token. Minor gets priority, so will be called soon.
- Follow the counters A, B and C.

Counter A - Document verification, scanning of your kid's photo and upload. Verify address, etc etc. They will show and guide you to verify everything.
Pay the SMS fees (if opted). Pay any balance fees (if online asked you to make part payment). Biometrics for older kids, Thumb print for under 3 years.

Counter B - Present the original documents again. Just a quick check by the officer.

Counter C - Just a formal visit. Documents are not necessarily checked. The officer signs on the file, keeps it and asks you to leave.

Exit gate - Show the Appointment printout, get an acknowledgement from the security folks. Leave.

Documents Required:
- Either your passport should have your spouse name endorsed. Or your wife's passport should have your name endorsed on it.
If this is not met, you can't proceed. So make this change first.

- Birth Certificate of kid.

- 1 Passport photo (will be scanned and uploaded by them).

- Current address proof of your / wife's. If providing Telephone / Electricity bills, then carry latest 2 bills, and 2 bills from atleast 1 year old.
Old 17th February 2016, 11:00   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Recently (Jan) got my kid's (2.5 yrs) passport done at Bangalore RPO..
Thank you very much Soumyajit9! My kid is also under 3 years, so hopefully it should be a smooth affair.

After going through a few other online articles, we've decided to take 2 separate appointments - one for my wife's passport reissue and one for my kid's fresh passport.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th February 2016, 11:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Soumyajit9! My kid is also under 3 years, so hopefully it should be a smooth affair.

After going through a few other online articles, we've decided to take 2 separate appointments - one for my wife's passport reissue and one for my kid's fresh passport.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Vikram
Appointment is not required for your kid.

You can walk in between 9:30-11am with your ARN + required documents and get his PP done.

Waseem
Old 17th February 2016, 12:21   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Recently (Jan) got my kid's (2.5 yrs) passport done at Bangalore RPO..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

You can walk in between 9:30-11am with your ARN + required documents and get his PP done.

Waseem
Thanks SILVERWOOD.

One more question - does the Annexure H signed by both parents have to be submitted in hard copy when we go for the appointment, or uploaded to the website as a soft copy?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th February 2016, 12:50   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks SILVERWOOD.

One more question - does the Annexure H signed by both parents have to be submitted in hard copy when we go for the appointment, or uploaded to the website as a soft copy?

Cheers,
Vikram
It has to be signed by both the parents and submitted as Hardcopy.

Waseem.....
Old 17th February 2016, 14:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Waseem
Correct. For under 3 years appointment is not required, as per the website.
However when I filled the form and uploaded it, it asked to pay and schedule an appointment.
I had selected Tatkal passport as the option. May be that is why it asked me to book an appointment.

Quote:
Thanks SILVERWOOD.
Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
It has to be signed by both the parents and submitted as Hardcopy.
Waseem.....
Second to Waseem. Annexure H has to be carried as a Hard Copy, signed by both parents.
On the website, in the document uploader, you can upload a scanned copy as well. But hard copy is a must.
Old 18th February 2016, 11:30   #149
BHPian

Dear All ,

I am trying to get a Tatkal passport for my 6 year old son at Delhi. after filling an uploading the eform : i have was told that i need following along as i had selected tatkal and student i had to fill any of the following.

Enter VC/NOC/PIL/IC Details: To enter Verification Certificate (VC) / No Objection Certificate (NOC) / Prior Intimation Letter (PIL) / Identity Certificate (IC) details.

Can any one help me understand what do i need to fill up for these documents. my and my spouse both have passports with each other names .

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 18th February 2016 at 11:49.
Old 18th February 2016, 13:34   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear All ,

I am trying to get a Tatkal passport for my 6 year old son at Delhi. after filling an uploading the eform : i have was told that i need following along as i had selected tatkal and student i had to fill any of the following.

Enter VC/NOC/PIL/IC Details: To enter Verification Certificate (VC) / No Objection Certificate (NOC) / Prior Intimation Letter (PIL) / Identity Certificate (IC) details.

Can any one help me understand what do i need to fill up for these documents. my and my spouse both have passports with each other names .
In today's scenario, Kids PP's are dispatched in 2-3 days in normal quota.My friend in Chennai got the PP the next day after the interview.

Waseem.....

Most Viewed