Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 12:02   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I wish to apply for a passport for my 5 year old daughter. Can I use my logon credentials to submit her application or should another user be created.
You can use your same login ID.
Quote:
Also, there seems to be a passport mela on Jan 31st. Is it advisable to go on that day?
Because there isn't enough crowd on regular days?
I think it's better you take an appointment and go on a regular day. Mela will attract all kinds of first-timers. It's stressful on the child as it is.
Old 28th January 2015, 12:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You can use your same login ID.

Because there isn't enough crowd on regular days?
I think it's better you take an appointment and go on a regular day. Mela will attract all kinds of first-timers. It's stressful on the child as it is.

Thanks for the inputs.

My wife had an appointment on a regular day (2 weeks back) and the experience was really bad. She could enter only 1.5 hours after her appointment time due to crowd. I did not understand the reason for the delay. Once she entered the PSK, things were smooth. I think if you get an appointment in the morning, crowd will be less (because of less backlog).
Old 28th January 2015, 12:36   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yup- best to take the first appointment of the day. However avoid Mondays because at least in Pune PSK that's an open day for infants and senior citizens which I wasn't aware of and despite having an early appointment was made to wait an inordinately long time at the B and C windows. Total time was nearly 3 hours which with a restless 5-month old can feel like a year!
Old 11th February 2015, 14:26   #109
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Yup- best to take the first appointment of the day. However avoid Mondays because at least in Pune PSK that's an open day for infants and senior citizens which I wasn't aware of and despite having an early appointment was made to wait an inordinately long time at the B and C windows. Total time was nearly 3 hours which with a restless 5-month old can feel like a year!
That might not be the only reason for delay. Minors and senior citizen are allowed as "Walk-in's" on all days between 9:00 am and 10:30 am
Old 5th March 2015, 19:36   #110
Team-BHP Support

I heard from somebody that one can walkin anytime for passport of special needs children. Is that true?
Old 24th March 2015, 20:19   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to choose the date and time or does the system allocate a date and time?
Old 24th March 2015, 21:55   #112
BHPian

AFAIK you can choose date and time comfortable to you. Atleast I did.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Went for the passport appointment for my daughter yesterday. Appointment time was 2:15 PM. Was able to get inside by 2:25 PM after verification. A counter was also completed pretty fast. Had to wait almost 2.5 hours for the B counter. There was not much of waiting for C counter. Spent 4.5 hours at the PSK.
Old 7th April 2015, 14:08   #114
BANNED

When did the rules change - afaik children under 12 (or is it 5) were accommodated on priority bases with no appointment required. Sama as Senior Citizens.
Old 7th April 2015, 14:36   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
When did the rules change - afaik children under 12 (or is it 5) were accommodated on priority bases with no appointment required. Sama as Senior Citizens.
Children under 3 years or senior citizens (above 60) do not require appointment. They also have a different series of tokens.
Old 12th April 2015, 20:02   #116
BHPian

Dear all,

I am about to apply for a passport for my 8-1/2 year old son when I realized that my wife's (his mother's) name is misspelled in my son's birth certificate (Nandinee vs. Nanthini). My wife's correct name spelling is consistent across all her other documents (incl. her passport) except in my son's birth certificate.

In this case, will the PSK accept this and issue a minor passport for my son? If not, what other recourse is there?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
murillo.
Old 12th April 2015, 20:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Dear all,

I am about to apply for a passport for my 8-1/2 year old son when I realized that my wife's (his mother's) name is misspelled in my son's birth certificate (Nandinee vs. Nanthini). My wife's correct name spelling is consistent across all her other documents (incl. her passport) except in my son's birth certificate.

In this case, will the PSK accept this and issue a minor passport for my son? If not, what other recourse is there?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
murillo.
If both of you have valid passports with spouse name mentioned in it, then it wont be an issue at all, so don't worry.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 12th April 2015 at 20:51.
Old 6th May 2015, 13:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
If both of you have valid passports with spouse name mentioned in it, then it wont be an issue at all, so don't worry.

Cheers
I second on this. I had been to PSK yesterday for my 4 month old son wherein my wife's name in his birth certificate had her last name as Chandran (instead of chandrasekharan). Counter A lady mentioned that this should be ok as long as the last C counter people are ok, and hence cleared me to Counter B. Counter B guy also said the same thing. At Counter C the lady was paitent when i explained it was a short name generally used by mallus and she wrote on the file (in green ink) to have the mother's name corrected as per her passport. I just had to repeat the whole ABC counters again, although it was just formality this time and the whole process (from beginning till the repeat end) was completed in approx 1 hour.

Also, pls note its ok if only of your passport has spouse name endorsed. Its not mandatory that both husband & wife passport's should have the endorsement.

Last edited by RedRapid : 6th May 2015 at 13:53. Reason: Inclusion of additional details.
Old 6th May 2015, 14:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Here is a situtation:

Got married 3 years back, both me and wife have a valid passport. My wife's passport was issued in Delhi while my passport was issued at Ghaziabad. Wife has not changed officially in passport or any other document.

Our 1.5 year old baby doesn't have a passport.

Sadly, we did not make marriage certificate at the time of marriage. But for our daughter, we have her Birth certificate from Municipal corporation Bangalore (BBMP), which has both parents name.

Now, I need the following:

1) Engraving of my name in my wife's passport or vice versa. So that she can travel with me as "spouse".
2) Baby's passport.

Now as i understand, for point 2, point 1 is a pre-requisite.

And for point 1 - marriage certificate is a pre-requisite.

Is my assumption correct?

Is there anything or any agency that can help me get these done? I am based out of NCR (Indirapuram/Ghaziabad).
Old 6th May 2015, 14:12   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Now, I need the following:

1) Engraving of my name in my wife's passport or vice versa. So that she can travel with me as "spouse".
2) Baby's passport.
If your wife's full name (including maiden surname) is in the birth certificate, all you need to do is endorse (not "engrave" ) your name in her passport as spouse. But even that will require a marriage certificate. Why don't you get the MC done? It's a pretty useful document!

Edit: Most cities served by PSKs have become absolutely professional in the passport issuance process and I doubt an "agent" will be able to help you. There are guys who manage to do it but it's illegal and I wouldn't advise it for such a critical document.

Last edited by noopster : 6th May 2015 at 14:15.

Most Viewed