Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 15:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is my assumption correct?

Is there anything or any agency that can help me get these done?
Just get the MC done at the marriage registrar.

Then , take an appointment for all three of you together at PSK and get all the changes done.

That's all there is to it.

You don't need to wait for the endorsement of spouse name on your passport or your spouse's to apply for the baby's passport.
Old 6th May 2015, 16:12   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
If your wife's full name (including maiden surname) is in the birth certificate, all you need to do is endorse (not "engrave" ) your name in her passport as spouse. But even that will require a marriage certificate. Why don't you get the MC done? It's a pretty useful document!

Edit: Most cities served by PSKs have become absolutely professional in the passport issuance process and I doubt an "agent" will be able to help you. There are guys who manage to do it but it's illegal and I wouldn't advise it for such a critical document.
Thanks.

Do i also require to have wife's name embossed in my passport - or vice-versa will do? Or both need passports need to be endorsed with spouse name?
Old 9th May 2015, 21:24   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks.

Do i also require to have wife's name embossed in my passport - or vice-versa will do? Or both need passports need to be endorsed with spouse name?
Dear DCEite,
You need to get your marriage certificate and get your name added in your wife's passport. Then you need to produce the certificate and both of your passports to get your child's passport.

Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 11th May 2015, 13:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Here is a situtation:

Got married 3 years back, both me and wife have a valid passport. My wife's passport was issued in Delhi while my passport was issued at Ghaziabad. Wife has not changed officially in passport or any other document.

Our 1.5 year old baby doesn't have a passport.
I was in same situation where we didn't had marriage certificate and wanted to have spouse name added in our respective passports.

In such a case, you can have a Joint affidavit with Husband and Wife signatures and a joint photograph.
We got this affidavit from an advocate and got it sworn before a Notory public. We submitted this affidavit along with our other requisite documents during passport renewals and the respective names were added in the renewed passports.

The link for joint affidavit is http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureD.pdf

Hope this helps !!

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st May 2015 at 03:13. Reason: Please quote selectively asa large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 13:54   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

One-way endorsement is sufficient. The other spouse can wait till the time to renew the passport and get it done then. No point having both passports away at the same time!
Old 13th May 2015, 13:46   #126
BHPian

People, quick query wrt the e-form. Need to apply for a fresh passport for my daughter who is an infant (aged 1 year).
Have downloaded the e-form and was filling in the details in the pdf file. The complete format looks to be stacked with information for an adult and no info pertaining to minor or infant is there. Is this the correct form or am I missing something.
Further, both my wife and me have our passport with each other's name endorsed in it along with the same address. Do I need to carry anything beyond the following doc's to the passport office
1. Passports of both parents
2. Birth certificate of my daughter
3. Passport size photo of my daughter with a white background
4. Annexure H

Also, do I need to take my daughter along or can it be done if both parents alone go?

Cheers
Old 13th May 2015, 14:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
4. Annexure H

Also, do I need to take my daughter along or can it be done if both parents alone go?

Cheers
Please share the pdf/link for someone to comment on the application form.

The above documents are enough but please do carry any other relevant docs that you might have like Ration card and so on. You never know! Better to carry most of your docs and bring back rather than being sorry there when they ask for that ONE that you didn't have.

Baby should be present with you.

No appointments needed for infant application. Just fill the online application, submit and have as many copies of the forms.

All the best
Old 15th May 2015, 10:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Need to apply for a fresh passport for my daughter who is an infant (aged 1 year). Is this the correct form or am I missing something.
Do I need to carry anything beyond the following doc's to the passport office
4. Annexure H

1. The fresh passport application form is basically the same for everyone.

2. The list of documents that you have mentioned is complete. I had recently gone in to get a fresh passport for my 2 year daughter and these are all that we required. Keep an extra set of passport and birth certificate copies just in case the passport officer asks for it.

3. Daughter is required. My daughter's photos were carried by us but her finger prints were taken at the passport office. I think they allow only 1 parent inside but it again depends on security personnel.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by luvDriving : 15th May 2015 at 10:18. Reason: information correctness
Old 21st May 2015, 02:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Hello Folks,

Can someone guide me through the latest process to apply for a 2-yr old's passport ? I am based in Bangalore.

1. Do I need to create a new user id for my kid in the passport seva website ?(link)

2. Or, Can I download a new e-form using my existing login id (I renewed my passport 2 months back) ?

3. Do I need to book an appointment or tatkal or is it a direct walkin for infants ? If direct walk-in, what days, what timings ?

4 Documents I have:
- My latest passport which contains my current address, spouse name. (Contains my wife's original surname).
- My Marriage Certificate (Contains my wife's original surname).
- My son's Birth Certificate (Contains my wife's original surname).
- My wife's existing passport (Contains my wife's original surname, but a different address from my current passport).
- My current address proof.
- My wife's current address proof.

EDIT:
Found some sensible article which answere few of my queries (3 & 4 from my list above), and raises a new one (point 4 in the screenshot below).

New Query: What is this "Applications for issue of Police Clearance Certificate" ?

Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*-passport.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 21st May 2015 at 02:13. Reason: Screenshot
Old 11th June 2015, 16:09   #130
BHPian

From what i recall from 5 years ago, there is one more form to be filled for infants. Since 1 parent applies for the passport this form needs to be signed off by the other parent giving consent for issuance of passport.
Old 11th June 2015, 17:58   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hello Folks,

Can someone guide me through the latest process to apply for a 2-yr old's passport ? I am based in Bangalore.
You will be able to create 3 profiles in a single login ID. Please use your login ID for your kids registration.

Direct walk-ins allowed for kids. I have done my kids application (twins) within 20 minutes at PSK Marthahalli. Please be there by 9.25 AM.

Please keep:
1. Original & copy of your latest passport
2. Original & copy of birth certificate
3. Passport size photo of your kid (white back ground)
4. ANNEXURE ‘H’ signed by you and your wife
Old 11th August 2015, 06:58   #132
BHPian

Hi Folks,

We have done the online registration for our 14 month daughters passport and have a appointment for August 17th at the Pune PSK.

We are married since 2.5 yrs and have passports with different addresses.

How do we get our names endorsed as spouse on each others passport before Aug 17th??

Please help.
Old 11th August 2015, 12:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
How do we get our names endorsed as spouse on each others passport before Aug 17th??
I doubt you can, you are really short of time. When we did in 2010/11 it took about a week. Its a separate process, you'll have to submit an application along with your marraige certificate. Endorsement of the spouse in one of the parent was/is a requirement for children's passport.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:03   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Hi Folks,

We have done the online registration for our 14 month daughters passport and have a appointment for August 17th at the Pune PSK.

We are married since 2.5 yrs and have passports with different addresses.

Please help.
Unfortunately, you cannot as this will get you a new passport with a different no. and all general rules will apply.
We did this last year when I had to get a new passport for our 3 Mon old baby. We requested the gov officer to skip the police verification and he obliged but it is person dependant. We had some contacts at the PSK and got the passport in 3 days flat without tatkal, as soon as I got my new passport I applied for the infant one.

I dont think even if you apply now with tatkal, it will come before the deadline. Still give it a try, but AFAIK, unless spouse name is not endorsed, infant passport will not be issued.

FYI..
If it is only about getting a passport for your child, one of the parents endorsing the spouse is enough. Both are not required.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Unfortunately, you cannot as this will get you a new passport with a different no.
Have rules changed recently? In my wife's passport we just got the spouse endorsement done, not a new passport. It remained the same way until her passport renewal, when the spouse name was added on the address page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks