Old 17th August 2008, 17:40   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Your childhood friend will get upset you call him 'Subhas'. [/quote]
Thanks Bass and Trouble for your lovely suggestion
Old 17th August 2008, 23:15   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
How do they make the same pizza at Bandra? Did you mention it to Chef Max? Was he also not aware?
I mentioned it to the Pizza chef present there. He just looked at me and politely smiled, while in his breath he must be saying..."Whos this dumb @#$&%!! to teach me how to make a pizza.
I have had the food at olive in Bandra and lets just say that im not a fan of their food. One or two dishes are good but Olive i feel is more of a hang out joint than for serious food. Foe serious food you go to Indigo.

Quote:
That is very unusual. Even on crowded weekends, I have got my pizza within 15-25 mins nearly every time.
Quite true. Sometimes they do tend to get over busy and probably new staff who get confused with a lot of orders. Its happened to me too but that was because the guy had forgotten part of my order.
Otherwise I quite like the informal and friendly service there.

Quote:
Your childhood friend will get upset you call him 'Subhas'.

Su"B"has is quite a guy.
Even i love the food his restaurants churn out. I guess its because the attention to detail given by the owners and their presence there at almost all times.
Old 19th August 2008, 21:00   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Su"B"has is quite a guy.
Even i love the food his restaurants churn out. I guess its because the attention to detail given by the owners and their presence there at almost all times.
Yes V-16 he's quite a guy sure and rightfully he is SUHAS and not Subhas as said by me. The personal touch is very meaningful.Like Munnabhai's PYAR KI JHAPPI!
Old 19th August 2008, 21:05   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Foe serious food you go to Indigo.

+1

One of my favourite places for sure. Indigo Deli isnt all that bad either and they now have a branch in the suburbs. I hope it still has the charm that the one in Colaba has.

The Banda Basilico isnt anywhere as nice as the one in Colaba.

Last edited by khanak : 19th August 2008 at 21:07.
Old 1st September 2008, 11:38   #380
BHPian

Arey you guys ready??? Ramadaan is on its way from tommorroowww... Soo?? please book your dates in advance and let me know il catch up every night INshallah. gogi, Khanak, and the other regulars of this thread. heheheheh

Its Full night eating time!! hehehe
Old 1st September 2008, 11:49   #381
BHPian

Anyone here heared of Candies?

@Sohail
Mohammad Ali Road time!!
Old 1st September 2008, 12:03   #382
BHPian

Exactly Amien, mohammed ali road, Bhendi bazaar, Abdul Rehman Street.!!
Old 1st September 2008, 12:22   #383
Senior - BHPian

New China Gate

Happened to visit the new China Gate at the new mall opposite KFC at Linking Road. The place is very spacious and is really well done up. There is an open kitchen attached to the seating area that serves Dim Sums, dumplings, stir fried items and some other deep fried goodies. Very much like the Dim Sum restaurants in China. There's also a small and well stocked bar in another corner.

I couldnt try the main course, but I loved the starters doing the rounds. The Dim Sums were also yummy but I would have preferred the wraps to be a little thinner, a la Vong Wong. One item I just could not down was the Chicken Teriyaki. Maybe it is meant to be that way, but it just reeked of soya sauce. No clue about pricing, but all in all it was a great experience.
Old 1st September 2008, 12:34   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Exactly Amien, mohammed ali road, Bhendi bazaar, Abdul Rehman Street.!!
......For bhuna at vallibhai, nihari at chinese grill and not noor mohammadi please (the most over rated food not to mention dowmright filthy),chilled fruitella and rabdi at cafe noorani, minara masjid, phirni at noorani milk dairy at mahim, khicchda next to taj ice cream on the roadside, meat with patrel outside imdadiya bakery, bohari muhalla, washed down with the best sherbets in the world at iodris cold drink centre also at bohari muhalla, since I'm mot a malpua fan at all I would finish of with a crisp jalebi or two from the jalebi shop in the lane opp JJ hospital. All wound up with half a bottle of Digene at home
Still no good biryani place. Sohail, Khanak and everyone who's interested let's make a meet out of this.
Sohail Jr ko initiate kar raha hai na?
Am out of town returning today. We would also have a separate thread with wonderful pictures of this area which comes alive during the holy month of Ramzan.
I have great respect and admiration for all brethren who observe the difficult fast in this holy month. May God fullfill your every wish.
AL HUMDOLILAH!!
Old 1st September 2008, 12:37   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happened to visit the new China Gate at the new mall opposite KFC at Linking Road.
The old one behind Red Box is operational ? Or have they shifted to the new place totally ?
Old 1st September 2008, 13:54   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......For bhuna at vallibhai, nihari at chinese grill and not noor mohammadi please (the most over rated food not to mention dowmright filthy),chilled fruitella and rabdi at cafe noorani, minara masjid, phirni at noorani milk dairy at mahim, khicchda next to taj ice cream on the roadside, meat with patrel outside imdadiya bakery, bohari muhalla, washed down with the best sherbets in the world at iodris cold drink centre also at bohari muhalla, since I'm mot a malpua fan at all I would finish of with a crisp jalebi or two from the jalebi shop in the lane opp JJ hospital. All wound up with half a bottle of Digene at home
What a post to read just before lunch

Will try these out, but not familiar with areas in town, can someone mark these in google maps? I will start by adding joints in Malad.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:07   #387
BHPian

Gogi sir, I am all game.. just a phone call away , after 9.30pm hehe, before that is prayers. So let me know, make a plan and decide a place. There are ample of places to go so i dont think one meet will be enough. 30 days, Well spread area with food. couple of good meets. Slurp Slurp !!

Gogi Sir: Sohail Jr i.e. Amaan is Buzy growing at his Nani's Place, still time for him to hit the Our food section. Inshallah He will make it soon hehe.

NetFreakBombay : Just keep in touch on the thread and make it for the meet. There are too many bylanes.. even google will be thinking to show the maps hehe

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 1st September 2008 at 14:08.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:43   #388
Senior - BHPian

gogi bhai you surely know to make people hungry. Looking forward to a meet and visit these places towards this month end as i got an xam on the 24th.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:58   #389
BANNED

Gogi/Sohail,

Am on as well(for the desert part that is) unless you guys also halt for veg food.

Viper
Old 1st September 2008, 18:28   #390
BHPian

Jiggy Bhai... foood is food, veg or non veg i am ready for anything, for you we will also eat Veg also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks