Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:23   #151
BHPian

That looks more like a reventon scale . Dont think its an RC
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

the rebentol is an RC car if you look at the reflection you can see an arrow stating to open the cover to insert the batteries
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:40   #153
BHPian

bingo ramie. amazing observation that.
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:46   #154
BHPian

my contribution of RC Models..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
That looks more like a reventon scale . Dont think its an RC
it is a RC Model..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
is that an rc car or a scale model?
RC Car all the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
the rebentol is an RC car if you look at the reflection you can see an arrow stating to open the cover to insert the batteries
cheers: @ ramie Bingo..you can also see the reflection of the frequency of 27MHz in the pic..
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:52   #155
Senior - BHPian

27mhz cars are very slow,you could have gone for a little more 32+ mhz,obvious the rates also goes multiplying the quality of the RC's available in the markets are dropping day by day.
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:54   #156
BHPian

Yeah ramie, i was wondering the same. I have a 27 Mhz hummer and also others that are 40-49 mhz and found that the latter ones are much faster. What is the deal here, i thought frequencies didnt matter , it was the motor and the weight of the car that mattered.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:17   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
27mhz cars are very slow,you could have gone for a little more 32+ mhz,obvious the rates also goes multiplying the quality of the RC's available in the markets are dropping day by day.

hmmm...would second that @ ramie..IMHO the frequency does not play a part in how fast a rc would go..it depends on the weight it has, the motor, the rc batt and the car batt and the make is what really matters.
This bad boy is 27MHz only but it is damn fast and can beat my Dodge Challanger with low profile tires () which is 40MHz any day..:-D

Quote:
Yeah ramie, i was wondering the same. I have a 27 Mhz hummer and also others that are 40-49 mhz and found that the latter ones are much faster. What is the deal here, i thought frequencies didnt matter , it was the motor and the weight of the car that mattered.

the frequency does not matter on how fast a RC model goes..

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2008 at 08:33. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTI QUOTE button.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:27   #158
BHPian

Well just figured out why the hummer is slower, its fed by 3 batteries and smaller motor compared to the enzo which is fed by 4 batteries and a bigger motor and this hummer is a blinged out hummer with led's behind the wheels to have the neon effect. So guess the battery charge gets used up for these also apart from running the motor.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:32   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Well just figured out why the hummer is slower, its fed by 3 batteries and smaller motor compared to the enzo which is fed by 4 batteries and a bigger motor and this hummer is a blinged out hummer with led's behind the wheels to have the neon effect. So guess the battery charge gets used up for these also apart from running the motor.
Bingo @ Rotorhead..the frequency is just for the hand held RC device..
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:17   #160
BHPian

Hey kapiljolly79, I have just ordered my Savage X 4.6 from the US, that should be here in 10 days. Its my second car after a Traxxas Rustler VXL ( have posted pics on this thread earlier ). Do let me know what kind of events are lined up as I surely would be interested.
And btw, you have a great collection!
Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:34   #161
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My HPI is getting here shortly... its a Drift spec. RTR. Hopefully then I'll need to find good tarmac lol! here's a link... ::HPI RACING::

Had broken my Subaru the 45km per hour carisma.

Well, now this is whats in store, here's a nice pic... it doesnt produce alot of power but it sure as hell drifts like never before and 81km'hr is pretty decent IMHO.

cost: $309.99 for the kit #10071 body shell #17218-$25 and glow plug, igniter fuel and fuel bottle - $60
drift spec wheels with deep dish volk racing matt black - 45.99$ with tyres.

total: $440 odd - Rs. 17'000/- odd hope its worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-drift_pic2_01.jpg  

Last edited by nitroxx : 3rd September 2008 at 02:50.
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:56   #162
Awaiting Email Confirmation

the one thats coming with the car is blue and looks like this...but the 350Z caught my eye and the wheels are too blingy on the previous image so im going for the ones below..in matte black
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-17530_03m.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-17530_07m.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2008, 04:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
My HPI is getting here shortly... its a Drift spec. RTR. Hopefully then I'll need to find good tarmac lol! here's a link... ::HPI RACING::

Well, now this is whats in store, here's a nice pic... it doesnt produce alot of power but it sure as hell drifts like never before and 81km'hr is pretty decent IMHO.

cost: $309.99 for the kit #10071 body shell #17218-$25 and glow plug, igniter fuel and fuel bottle - $60

WoW @ Nitroxx.. man that is some tight stuff..IMHO $440 is cool but you need to make sure that you dont crash it..as dont think it would be easy to get it done..take some insurance on it man..(oriental insurance)
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:12   #164
BHPian

No problems man. I would say go ahead and rip it.

And thank you for those lovely comments CL. Will keep you posted about the launch events for Hpi. The first launch is going to be in Bangalore. Dates not finalised yet. Bombay should be in the near future considering a lot of you have HPI there. Infact, we will welcome all racers with RC. BIG BOY RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
WoW @ Nitroxx.. man that is some tight stuff..IMHO $440 is cool but you need to make sure that you dont crash it..as dont think it would be easy to get it done..take some insurance on it man..(oriental insurance)
Thats a very good car. I hope you knnow how to tune it well. You're welcome to look me up anytime if you need help. Also, do let me know how and from where are you going to source the fuel. Generally the Aeromodelling guys use three ingredients which is not good for nitro engines. Will give you heads up info so you can use good fuel mix for your nitro engine.

Also, 17k is a good price. However you will not be covered under warranty from HPI India. So thats a call I guess you made with that in mind.

For a mere 4k more, you could have bought it from HPI India and gotten covered under warranties etc. Anyways, you've got a great car and I hipe to see you in full drift force whenever we do the launch in Bombay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2008 at 19:13. Reason: Will be sending you a PM.
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:18   #165
BHPian

Seems like the RC culture has caught on in india. Count me in with my E-savage for any RC meet. Im planning to pick up or E-Revo or the new E-maxx from traxxas on my next trip.

@CLS55 - are u getting the savage with the 3 speed transmission?

@nitroxx - Congrats on the new RC, plz post a detailed review when u get a chance.

Most Viewed