Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 10:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
If anyone does know about Nitro RC Cars, I need help with it. I'm planning to get one myself and I'm confused as what to get, I have short listed:

1. Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
2. Traxxas Revo 3.3 or
3. Trinity Spyder....

All these are Monster trucks and can be taken off-road. I'm providing links to all these below. Lemme know which one you think is better.
Thanks in advance....

LINKS:
Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3:
Click Here
Traxxas Revo 3.3:
Click Here
Trinity Spyder:
Click Here

To me the Revo 3.3 looks the best among the 3 because it has good durability and power. Also inspite of having good ground clearance it is low which makes it very stable. Also the wheele rod is another attraction.
Old 28th July 2008, 15:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi 911er,

At this point i only have one basic question / suggestion -

WHY NITRO ?? Why not electric?

These days the electric cars are beasts, and more importantly they are so much easier to mantain / run (as compared to my breif experience with nitro).

Also, the nitro will be a bit loud and will attract a crowd - especially in india. (Dont know if you would consider that a good thing or a bad thing)

cya
R

PS - actually, electrics can be pretty loud too.
I had thought of the same thing and I also saw a couple which I thought were real monsters...the Stampede VXL LINK which has a 65+ mph speed and the E-Revo LINK which again is really good.
But the thing is that I have to get them shipped either from the US/Canada or Thailand and I read somewhere that they charge a lot extra to import the battery packs. I don't know if it's true but that's why I opted for the Nitro.
Talking about being loud, I know its gonna be a problem but and I don't enjoy the attention but that's something you can't help in India!!

Do you have a Nitro? Why is it hard to run??

Also I'm sure lots of people on team-bhp have these cars and it's real fun racing them....if its possible, should start a section for these cars! getting pictures of these rides and meeting up to race them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I am planning to buy a good RC car not a Nitro car,could anyone suggest me a good place in suburbs where i can get one,My earlier ferrari 430s battey went kaput its a 11v liquid acid cell,anyone knows where we can get RC batteries??
hey buddy, i heard you get good Ferrari Rc cars at Shoppers Stop. They cost close to 6000 bucs and are rumored to go 45kph....i dunno if thats true. But if you want really good ones, I suggest you get them from the US or Canada or Thailand. companies name is Traxxas. Its got the best reviews for RC cars all over the world.

PS: There are better cars but they cost close to 50000bucs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Guys here are some pics from todays meet...kevin chirag and me...raced at a nice empty street at BKC

Check the cars out...they are Traxxas' new rustler vxl (1:10) with brushless motors...

Perfromance upgrades :
- aluminum steering block
- aluminum caster block
- aluminum stub axle carriers
- anaconda concrete tyres
- spacers...to increase / decrease ride height
- aluminum rear lower arm ( my car – the blue one )

weve clocked 80 km/h on one of the cars...while following it in kevins C Class...

in one of the pics you can see what a beating the car took....check out the bent screw on the original plastic caster block...it had to be replaced with the aluminium one...which is also visible in the pic....

weve got performance gearing also...will install that soon...

for more details on the rustler vxl check out TRAXXAS Rustler VXL - Details

till then...enjoy the pics!

Great rides guys.....I'm getting one, hopefully should be here in a month. Can't wait now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
No update since long.

People suggest atleast some place or some link on the internet where i can buy the RC Car/ Truck kit......
You get good ones at Croma in Juhu but they are really slow, I mean they are the ones that run on the usual AA cells. No point, cuz you get bored of them in sometime....you get better ones at Shoppers Stop which are bigger and faster. How good, that I don't know.

I also went to India Hobby Center at Lamington Road, they have 2 models there, unknown brand and really over priced. Rs. 22500 for a 2.6cc engine Monster Truck. I'm calling for one from the US which is 3.3cc and its costing me approx Rs. 20000.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2008 at 15:43. Reason: Use Multi quote
Old 28th July 2008, 16:00   #78
BHPian

Quote:
hi peeps...i wanna buy an RC car (ready-to-run or kit) ...suggestions on where to buy (in mumbai/pune) and which brand...i know Croma has them in store...but will they or any other store let me have a test ride beforehand ...budget upto 3k...
Croma does let you get a test drive inside the store, cuz I happened to step on one accidentally yesterday when some kid was testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i have a buggy, battery operated, maxes out at around 35kmph+, the only issue is the battery - discharges in about 20 mins of rigrous use.
it costs about 7K but i got it cheaper. a friend of mine imports car models battery/nitro cars/trucks.
here is a pic of my buggy, i think it likes LBM -
hey man, I'm desperately looking for someone who imports Nitros. I need a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3. Can you give me the contact of your friend who imports. You can PM me the details....thanks in adv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Hey guys!
Apologies for bringing up an old thread. I was thinking of picking up an RC truck. Checked out some of the Traxxas (TRAXXAS) models. They look really good.

Any idea where they would be available in Pune/Mumbai? Any of the members into this hobby? Should I pick up an electric one or a nitro truck? Any other popular brands other than Traxxas?
Hey man, did you find any contacts for buying a Traxxas in Mumbai??
I've looked all over and the closest I got to India was Thailand & Dubai. YOu can get good ones from there. I need a Traxxas Revo 3.3 & a T-Maxx 3.3. If you can let me know anything, it'll be a lot of help...thanks!

Cheers!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2008 at 16:31. Reason: back to back post
Old 29th July 2008, 04:23   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....I read somewhere that they charge a lot extra to import the battery packs. I don't know if it's true but that's why I opted for the Nitro....
Ah. I dont know if thats true or not! I dont know much about importing stuff / gettin it shipped internationally. Ideally - try to get a friend/family member to bring it down for you? As long as its below a certain cost its fine.

Quote:
....Do you have a Nitro? Why is it hard to run??
No i dont, but i have played with a few. Its more of a "hands on" tinkering experience than the electric which is just charge&go!
Nitro engines can be fussy at times, especially those damn glow plugs!!! Then theres the issue of fuel etc - expect to get your hands dirty when using one of these.
Electric is just simpler - and hence (for a lazy guy like me) i feel i would use it a little more often. I currently have a few small electric helicopters though - really basic/cheap ones.

Quote:
....Also I'm sure lots of people on team-bhp have these cars and it's real fun racing them....if its possible, should start a section for these cars! getting pictures of these rides and meeting up to race them!
I think there was (more than one) recent meet where members brought their R/C cars and had some fun. Maybe someone else can point out those links.

Quote:
....I also went to India Hobby Center at Lamington Road, they have 2 models there,...
Oh, they are at lamington road now?? Where?
The marine lines place closed a few years back if im not mistaken, i thought it was gone for good.

cya
R
Old 29th July 2008, 18:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hey those cars are for kids. they do not have a proportional steering control. it either 0 for full turn. So what will u do with them?

Quote:
Croma does let you get a test drive inside the store, cuz I happened to step on one accidentally yesterday when some kid was testing it.
Old 29th July 2008, 18:56   #81
BHPian

Dude I think you are underestimating the kind of fun one can have with the toys.
See one in flesh and you wont say that again
Old 29th July 2008, 19:10   #82
BHPian

Hi All,

Can some one tell me where in bangalore can I find RC Cars and Trucks. I have a Ferrari F430 RC which i picked up from Modelart in forum mall.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 30th July 2008, 12:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddy if that was for me then - What i meant was you need better and more powerful toys(RC's), better controls, power, and durability. I have TD those rc's in croma, they are no good(no power)

Quote:
Dude I think you are underestimating the kind of fun one can have with the toys.
See one in flesh and you wont say that again
Old 30th July 2008, 15:13   #84
BHPian

Point taken.
They are way too powerless to give proper fun.
But hey only 1:1 cars are not moddable.
You can mod RCs as well.

Refer back a few pages and you will see what i mean.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:28   #85
Senior - BHPian

Guys a friend is planning to buy one. Which make models are trusty & what all should he be looking for while buying RC car?

I have seen such cars in e-zone on chinchwad & have asked him to look there.

Any other good places in Pune
Old 30th July 2008, 16:12   #86
BHPian

Landmark in front of SGS mall.
Decent collection of RCs.
I bought my F 430 spider from there only.
Old 31st July 2008, 11:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

cool thanks I will ask him to check out

Whats the range like ?
Old 31st July 2008, 12:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

the RC cars ranges from 675-2375/-

the Nikko 1:24 starts from 675/- and 1.16s (Tokyo drift merchandise) starts from 1425/-. the Ferrari merchandise starts from 1295 IIRC
Old 31st July 2008, 12:58   #89
BHPian

You get RCs around 2k onwards till 5k.
Thats what i had checked.

Me and my friend bought a RC truck and a licensed ferrari RC at 2.3k and 3k respectively.

We even saw a licensed mclaren F1 car with EBS (electronic braking system)
I recall that to be around 5k or so
Old 31st July 2008, 13:26   #90
Senior - BHPian

@ motorheadinc - Where was this? Do you know of some place in Mumbai

Quote:
You get RCs around 2k onwards till 5k.
Thats what i had checked.

Me and my friend bought a RC truck and a licensed ferrari RC at 2.3k and 3k respectively.

We even saw a licensed mclaren F1 car with EBS (electronic braking system)
I recall that to be around 5k or so

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks