Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:21   #241
BHPian

Hey RPM, thanks. Yes I did do some research on the net and found Tai Sing corp. Really looking forward to that.

Thanks for the tip Kapil. Will keep that in mind.
Old 24th October 2008, 00:19   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
CLS, Let me give you a small tip if you like the savage to handle better. Put one shock on each side upside down. in simpler terms, keep the front shock as it is and the one behind it upside down on every suspension arm. It will help a lot in the handling of the truck.
This Mod works for you because your shocks are not filled properly/fully.

Properly filled shocks work the same upside down.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:25   #243
BHPian

Sway Bars for Savage Monster trucks.

Hi Guys. For all the Savage Fans, here is a great custom hop up that you can do for excellent stability and control. I also think it is possible to do on other brands that support similar suspension arms.

CLS: You'll like this one. Also see the shock setup I was talking about.

Sid: I think you can try this for your esavage also.

Ofcourse you will all need those small plastic rod ends and other screws, locking collars and ball joints.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway1.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway2.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway3.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway4.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway5.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway6.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway7.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-saxysway8.jpg  

Old 7th November 2008, 15:02   #244
Senior - BHPian

I am very new to RC cars. My only experience is playing with my son's 300Rs 911 which he totaled in a week and my friend's 1600Rs Hummer.

I see there are some serious people here. I would like your help in deciding a brand, 1. preferably an offroader
2. only electric (heard engine ones require lot of maintainence and care)
3. costing an upper limit of Rs 4,000 or about $100.
4. Want to buy either from Chennai or Bangalore. If US is the best place, I can get it in Feb 09.

Will I be able to get anything in this range or is the budget too low? I read thru this thread for some info. Any links for begginers to RC? I find most people in Tbhp are really advanced, serious hobbyist.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:37   #245
BHPian

Well, honestly speaking, you will have a lot more choices available to your eyes in any Hobby Town USA outlets across the United States.

As for the price range, nothing for an adult hobbist in that price range. Even simple Carisma RC cars retail for 6K in India.

I'm sure the states will be a better bet for you considering you are a beginner to the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am very new to RC cars. My only experience is playing with my son's 300Rs 911 which he totaled in a week and my friend's 1600Rs Hummer.

I see there are some serious people here. I would like your help in deciding a brand, 1. preferably an offroader
4. Want to buy either from Chennai or Bangalore. If US is the best place, I can get it in Feb 09.

Will I be able to get anything in this range or is the budget too low? I read thru this thread for some info. Any links for begginers to RC? I find most people in Tbhp are really advanced, serious hobbyist.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:42   #246
Senior - BHPian

Difficult to get good stuff for that price. I suggest you look for stuff on Tower Hobbies n get it from the US directly. You can get a good entry level electric RC truck 8k updards

Quote:

Old 7th November 2008, 16:00   #247
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Mail4ajo, well to have a RC car/truck is not all that difficult but this is an expensive hobby.
For the budget you have mentioned you can pick up 'intermediate toy category' piece which comes with it's own TX or transmitter.
The ultimate aim in this hobby is to have your own reliable *Radio (TX, RX , servos..), *Engine / Motor and * Craft (Aero/ car / truck/ boat..)
Considering your questions:
1. for this budget go ahead and pick up anything that you find here in India it doesn't matter.
2. electric is as complicated as Glow but there are two schools of thought on this.
3. If you move it up to $250 its a good amount and
4. US is the best place to pick it up for 250 and also Feb is just 3 months away.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:12   #248
Senior - BHPian

Did some research and also read some reviews. I think its important to stretch my budget to atleast $150 to get a decent all parts included ready to run truck. I now understand sky is not the limit for this hobby.

Duratrax Evader EXT is available for $120 in most places. Any tbhp reviews on this? What other brand comes closer to this model? I am just starting with this hobby and want to be conservative for now.
Old 8th November 2008, 01:01   #249
BHPian

Quote:
I now understand sky is not the limit for this hobby.
Duratrax Evader EXT is available for $120 in most places. Any tbhp reviews on this? What other brand comes closer to this model? I am just starting with this hobby and want to be conservative for now.
Yes, the sky is not the limit, and starting small is the best way to learn, crash, rebuild... Then after a while you'll still have a hobby. spending too much on the baja and blowing it up will end your hobby in the lobby!
a few good brand that have stadium truck which are entry level are as follows but only thing is they may be only 2WDs and 4WD never mind though. getting a truck and working with it is the best way to start.

Tamiya
HPI (the lower models)
Phoenix
Trax

When you look for deals, look for ones that sell the Batt pack and charger. also ones that have additions like spares and body shells.
Let us know if you come across something and the guys will help on it.
Dunno anything on the Evader but will let you know if i come across something.
Old 8th November 2008, 03:36   #250
BHPian

Hi folks,

Just stumbled onto this site. Sorry of its already been posted here. These guys have all kinds of Hobby parts listed on the site. Store is in chennai. I need to haul myself over there and have a look at what they have in stock. will try to do so in a few days. Oh, and they have traxxx models listed as well.

rotor.co.in RC online shop India Page
Old 8th November 2008, 11:02   #251
BHPian

The right choice!

Dude, you are right. The sky is not the limit. But if you end up buying a brand that has no after sales service network in the country, you will end up burning a hole through your pocket ordering and shipping parts from international hobby sites.

The question what you have said is very clear. You are a beginner. So, my suggestion is that you need to first learn how to control the RC car with the PISTOL grip controllers that are the standard types on most RC cars today. So buy any entry level electric car/truck that has a service network in India. Then practice controlling the car using that pistol grip remote. Once you are done with that, i'm sure the options will be wider as you will be a more confident driver then.

All RC hobbyists break stuff. And most beginners end up paying the limit because of the lust to have a fast car, but without the practise of keeping it on the road.

Quote:
Did some research and also read some reviews. I think its important to stretch my budget to atleast $150 to get a decent all parts included ready to run truck. I now understand sky is not the limit for this hobby.

Old 8th November 2008, 23:10   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
But if you end up buying a brand that has no after sales service network in the country, you will end up burning a hole through your pocket ordering and shipping parts from international hobby sites.

So buy any entry level electric car/truck that has a service network in India.
This is a hobby, so YOU service your car yourself.

And have you heard of ebay?

You can get parts for all decent brands online and no need of a "Service Network".

@mail4ajo , take a look at this: [SWK1400] Sportwerks 1/16 Chaos Nitro 4WD RTR Buggy

or if you can strech your budget slightly :

[KYO31312T2-B] Kyosho GP Mini Inferno 09 ReadySet "S-Stripe" Nitro Truggy
Old 9th November 2008, 09:47   #253
BHPian

@ Mura. I searched the site but cud not find the delivery policies i.e. whether they ship to India or not.

Do you know if they do?
Old 9th November 2008, 12:22   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
@ Mura. I searched the site but cud not find the delivery policies i.e. whether they ship to India or not.

Do you know if they do?
They Do and i buy lots of stuff from them.

Infact i have 3 Sportwerks Chaos with me and they are real fun for not that much money.

You can get parts for them via ebay for cheap.
Old 9th November 2008, 14:54   #255
BHPian

Dude! I know what ebay is. And the service network does not mean that the shop will service your car. Its simple after sales availability of spares. Personally, I'm not a fan of ordering online and waiting for delivery. I prefer the shop where I see what I buy.

Your choice is yours. Mine is mine. Cheers buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
This is a hobby, so YOU service your car yourself.

And have you heard of ebay?

You can get parts for all decent brands online and no need of a "Service Network".

@mail4ajo , take a look at this: [SWK1400] Sportwerks 1/16 Chaos Nitro 4WD RTR Buggy

or if you can strech your budget slightly :

[KYO31312T2-B] Kyosho GP Mini Inferno 09 ReadySet "S-Stripe" Nitro Truggy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks