Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:13   #226
BHPian

Nice Lid....

What Paints are you using? Tamiya? Aerosol Cans or Spray gun?
Old 4th October 2008, 12:07   #227
BHPian

Spray cans

Hi Mura. Good to see you. I am using tamiya spray cans. I have an air brush on the way but haven't tried it yet. So thats when it comes in.

By the way, how come no Lid on your cars? Oh, and are you going to INRC in Coimbatore?
Old 8th October 2008, 00:37   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
New to the RC thing. Saw some stuff at a shop here. details below - is it a good buy at prices quoted by shop (1THB= 1.25INR)

1. Plane
- Kyosho CALMATO beginner Air Plane Kit = 5200 THB
- Radio FUTBA = 4800 THB
- Engine O.S Japenese (46) = 3800 THB
- Fuel = 690 THB
- Fuel pump = 500 THB
- Propeller = 200 THB
- starter set = 750 THB
- Assembling cost = 600 THB including glue
- TOTAL = 16,250 THB

2. RC Car
- Land Cruicer Chasis - 10800 THB
- 2 PL Futaba - 2700
- Battery + Charger = 1300
- Speed Control = 1200
- TOTAL = 16,600 THB

Are these good prices or should i consider buying this stuff in india. what will they cost in Delhi.
hey Metiswhg, You bet its a good price but how are you going to bring it in? Over here, there are roughly similar models and prices and you can get spares and help to get going too.
What you enquired works upto about 20K and for a comparision here is a link that'll tell you what you can get here in India itself (Mods, i hope i'm allowed to paste this link here Its just to give an idea and comparison)
Glow 46 size Trainer + OS46 + Futaba 4VEX Dream Combo [RTF-Glowtrainer40] - Rs.19,900/- : Indian Hobbies, The Hobby Portal

My take on this is: The calmato is a neat aircraft made well but If you are going to fly here in India, it's always wise to make your buy here (Your quote has fuel, you cant bring in fuel etc) Once you make the big buy then on trips you can pick up parts, spares, Build Kits etc.
The Radio and engine are the big buys (always get the best) JR is also in the league with Futaba. Pls research before taking the Plunge. this is a mad man's hobby LOL.

PS no comments on the CAR
Old 8th October 2008, 11:09   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
hey Metiswhg, You bet its a good price but how are you going to bring it in? Over here, there are roughly similar models and prices and you can get spares and help to get going too.
What you enquired works upto about 20K and for a comparision here is a link that'll tell you what you can get here in India itself (Mods, i hope i'm allowed to paste this link here Its just to give an idea and comparison)
Glow 46 size Trainer + OS46 + Futaba 4VEX Dream Combo [RTF-Glowtrainer40] - Rs.19,900/- : Indian Hobbies, The Hobby Portal

My take on this is: The calmato is a neat aircraft made well but If you are going to fly here in India, it's always wise to make your buy here (Your quote has fuel, you cant bring in fuel etc) Once you make the big buy then on trips you can pick up parts, spares, Build Kits etc.
The Radio and engine are the big buys (always get the best) JR is also in the league with Futaba. Pls research before taking the Plunge. this is a mad man's hobby LOL.

PS no comments on the CAR
thanks JohnDa.
went to one of these flying clubs one day. liked what i saw.
have decided to buy it in india itself.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:26   #230
BHPian

Hey. if that is the Tamiya Land cruiser Rock Crawler, I think thats a reasonable price. Though on the higer side but we don't get Tamiya's in India easily.
Old 19th October 2008, 17:47   #231
BHPian

R/C 69 Dodge Charger Body

This is my latest RC Body. The 69 Dodge Charger.

Enclosed are pictures of the bare body shell. I didn't click the picture before painting it. So as you can see, I have painted the Engine block in Blood Red.

The pictures are self explanatory of the step by step procedure in painting these shells. First we mask off the area we want in a seperate color. I did that for the silver bumpers. Then after that the entire shell is painted keeping the window masks on. Thats because I didn't do any stripes or design on the shell. Then the shell is trimmed and cut, which is actually the most timie consuming part with such bodies. Then the shell is decalled to give it the complete car appearance.

I shall post pictures of it on my Savage in the next thread.

I hope I've kept it short you enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00851-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00853-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00855-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00857-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00859-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00860-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00861-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00863-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00866-medium.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00867-medium.jpg  

Old 19th October 2008, 19:44   #232
Senior - BHPian

WOW that looks cool, what will you be running under it?
Old 19th October 2008, 21:58   #233
BHPian

I have a 4.6 Nitro Savage Monster Truck that I run under these bodies. I have a series of Trucks/cars and bodies to my RC collection.

My next post will be a 73 Ford Bronco Truck Body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
WOW that looks cool, what will you be running under it?
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:18   #234
BHPian

Hey kapil, how have you been? I got my Savage X 4.6, and I'm having an absolute BLAST!!!!! its one awesome machine. Will post pics soon! Any other savage owners in Mumbai that want to meet up sometime? PM me!
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:47   #235
BHPian

Hey Cl. I'm glad you're enjoying your truck. Did you check out the latest Bodies I have posted? The one before this is the Dodge Chalenger and I also posted a 56 Ford F100. Got a 73 Ford Bronco coming up soon.

Siddharth, (Also know as RPM. He's got some threads in this post) and Yuvraj, his friend have the ESavage and the Firestorm Flux (which is one deadly venomous racer man). Catch up with these guys. They're running electrics but i'm sure you guys will have fun together. And I'm looking forward to those pictures. Cheers buddy.

Typo error on that one. its the dodge charger

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2008 at 15:40.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:18   #236
BHPian

Hey CLS, we should definately meet up sometime soon. Unfortunately my E-savage will be out of action for about 10 days as i have broken the rear drive axle while jumping it on a recent trip to coorg.

Madmonkey and nitorxx own Rc cars, im sure we can get together over a weekend and race, it will be great fun...
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:54   #237
BHPian

Hey RPM thats a good idea. I have a Traxxas Rustler vxl too and so do two of my friends ( have posted pics in this thread earlier ) Im off to Singapore next week so wont be available as well. I think we should all meet up at BKC on a sunday ( we usually go there because its empty ) Maybe 2nd week of November or something.

Kapil: Rocking bodies buddy. Look forward to picking up one in Singapore. I already have an airbrush kit and paints. ( will PM you for help! )

Last edited by CLS_55_AMG : 23rd October 2008 at 00:58.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:06   #238
BHPian

Here are the pics of my Traxxas Rustler VXl and the new HPI Savage X 4.6. Please excuse the poor picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img00040.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img00041.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2008, 13:31   #239
BHPian

CLS, Let me give you a small tip if you like the savage to handle better. Put one shock on each side upside down. in simpler terms, keep the front shock as it is and the one behind it upside down on every suspension arm. It will help a lot in the handling of the truck. And when you decide to do a shock rebuild, whenevr you decide, shift to 40weight shock fluid. The stock uses 30wt. Since you are going to singapore, pick it up from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Here are the pics of my Traxxas Rustler VXl and the new HPI Savage X 4.6. Please excuse the poor picture quality.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:08   #240
BHPian

@CLS: The savage dwarfs the rustler...it looks real good, have u started jumping with it?
2 week nov is cool with me as long my parts get here in time.

I picked up a lot of HPI stuff from singapore 3 weeks ago from Tai Sing Corporation. They are the official distributors for HPI racing in singapore.They carry a lot of other brands (except tamiya/traxxas). Pricing is the best in singapore.

Address:
748-758 North bridge road
Singapore 198722.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks