Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 00:02   #316
Senior - BHPian

When I was reading on this, came across a brand called Himoto. Later understood, several dealers including some big ones like modelart, radical etc are stocking them along with spares in India.

Seems to be very cheap. Any idea on reliability, built etc? not interested in the brand, just curious.
Old 13th December 2008, 11:01   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
When I was reading on this, came across a brand called Himoto. Later understood, several dealers including some big ones like modelart, radical etc are stocking them along with spares in India.

Seems to be very cheap. Any idea on reliability, built etc? not interested in the brand, just curious.
Based on the 2 models i saw - Crap.

It is cheap because it is built that way.

The dealers stock them because of the huge margins.

For example if a 1/8 monster truck sold by them is 25k , the ex factory price will be 5-6k max.
Old 13th December 2008, 11:03   #318
Senior - BHPian

I too saw the HImoto and yes they are below standards.

On another note Mura, I juts confirmed the duty is 34% not only 12.5%.
Under the chapter it is 10% now not 12.5 and then the excise is 10%, etc.etc

Can you ocnfirm this?
Old 13th December 2008, 11:09   #319
BHPian

@Mura: I read somewhere that the new TA SC8 truck was made in china. If so then they have started sharing TT components to reduce costs. Can you please confirm this?

I was thinking of getting one, maybe i will have to rethink this purchase.

@Iceman: Are you talking about the duty for kits or spares?
Old 13th December 2008, 11:19   #320
Senior - BHPian

if not mistaken the 8.0 TT is in india for 32k

I am talking about RTR's
Old 13th December 2008, 12:53   #321
BHPian

I saw the TT at the autocar show, the quality seemed off, definately not in the traxxas,Cen,HPI league.

So official RC products would cost a bomb - cost of truck + shipping +34% duty + VAT @ 12.5% + octroi (if applicable).

How much are the Gst 7.7's going for?
Old 13th December 2008, 21:04   #322
BHPian

Please share data concerning buyout. I heard that only talks were on. They are only collaborated for now.

Quote:
Did some research. Sadly the truth is Thunder Tiger now owns Associated.

Most of Associated's stuff is TT. And they also use the TT engines. I learned TT MTA4 S28 and Sledge hammer S50 is identical to the Associated's famous MGT 4.6 and MGT 8.0. It evens looks the same, just different decals.
But they have clearly divided the markets and where Associated is popular, TT is not projected and vice versa. Smart marketing.

At this rate, most US companies will get picked up by Asians.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 13th December 2008 at 21:21. Reason: Adding data.
Old 14th December 2008, 18:26   #323
Senior - BHPian

The deal happened in 2006, I guess. There are several links to confirm. These are a few I pulled up now. This was also confirmed by the service person at AE USA. He was saying they designed the MGT and TT just uses them. They run TT engines and radio. The AE radio looks funny. Knew it had to be chinese.

Associated Electrics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Team Associated RC Cars
building and review of the TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8 PRO TEAM
Old 19th December 2008, 18:33   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. I was reading a HPI owners manual. It mentions that if I lose the factory carb settings, I can just return to "flush". Does it mean that the factory setting is set at full tightening of the screws? I am refering to the high speed and low speed carb setting.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 19th December 2008 at 18:35.
Old 19th December 2008, 22:48   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question. I was reading a HPI owners manual. It mentions that if I lose the factory carb settings, I can just return to "flush". Does it mean that the factory setting is set at full tightening of the screws? I am refering to the high speed and low speed carb setting.
Turn both the needles to full close - Don't over tighten - stop as soon as you feel resistance, now open them out till they sit flush with the top of the needle casings.

Like this:
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-carb.jpg  

Old 20th December 2008, 00:50   #326
Senior - BHPian

Here is a list of accessories I thought would be essential to start with the hobby. Anything I have missed out? Still not decided the truck, hopping between a few.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by mail4ajo : 20th December 2008 at 00:52.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:47   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a list of accessories I thought would be essential to start with the hobby. Anything I have missed out? Still not decided the truck, hopping between a few.
No need to get thread lock from the US , you get locally for 25Rs.

Also seeing you listed a temp gauge, i would not recommend tuning by temps alone. Use it after you tune it by sound and RPM and just use it to check Max temp does not exceed 270F or 130C.

Some engines run on the hotter side , some cooler. Just don't tune to achive a target temp.
Old 25th December 2008, 10:59   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
see this -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post777645

This is the brand - ::: HIMOTORACING.COM :::

it comes as a kit or assembled. i know the guy who imports these and supplies to stores, his showroom being in Delhi and Banglore. lemme know if you are interested, i'll give you his contact details.
Hi Buddy, Please can you PM me his address. I was looking for a R/C car for last few months but no luck.. I would really appreciate your help.
Old 25th December 2008, 14:21   #329
BHPian

Novice Planning to buy a R/C Car

Hi everyone,
I am new to this hobby. I always wanted to have R/C Car ever since I was a lil kid. I went through the whole thread and found out a lot of stuff that I didn’t know. I see there are a lot of serious enthusiast who have years of experience in this and I would like to ask few (ok a lot) of question to them. So here I go..
1.As this is my first step I don’t want to spend a bomb. My current budget it 10grands max. Will I get something good in this price? I mean something reliable, easy to maintain and modifiable. It might not be blistering fast but it should have a decent speed. (I hope I am not asking for a moon.)
2.Will it be in a form of kit or fully built car. What all is included in the box.
3.I am looking for an off roader that can tackle rocks, mud, slush etc. But after going through the thread I am little confuse. What is the difference b/w a crawler, off road truck and buggy. What would you gurus recommend? What kind of A.S.S cost I am looking at.
4. In current budget I am pretty sure that I wont be able to buy a Gas or Nitro powered R/C but I would still like to know what kind of maintenance goes in these cars. I would like to graduate to serious stuff once I get hang of it.
Special thanks to Kapiljolly & saintsinner for sending me the details

Regards,
Manu Chawla
Old 26th December 2008, 11:08   #330
Senior - BHPian

Manu, why dont you do some reading on countless forums, RCuniverse, nitrotalk, rccaraction, rcgroups or a desi forum like indiarc etc. These are public forums like Tbhp for RC. They will give you excellant info.

Learn and plunge into the hobby rather than get disappointed later. You always have tbhp members like mura or kapiljolly, veterans in RC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks