Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 20:34   #376

Heylo fellow rc maniacs,

Have gone through the entire thread and i must say am realy glad i found this thread, used to think that i wasnt growing up as no one around played with rc cars but thats changed.

I have been a rc car/ truck enthusiast since i was 8 thats when i broke my first rc car disassembled but cudnt reassemble is more like it but since then have quite a few cars. Even a 4WD that was about 10years old. A 6 wheeler without a servo ie none of the tyres could turn there must have been a differential as only the middle two tires had motors to turn one motor just slowed down or stopped, I have pics of the 6 wheeler nothing crazy fast but fast enough to outrun most humans and very durable. After handing out most my cars last being the 4WD to some kids that might have more time to play with it i have all but 2 cars a 6 Wheeler and a Land Rover. The 6wheeler has a battery pack but my lil bro destroyed the remote so all i have is the car. Is there anyway to recreate the transmitter or buy one?

Posting pics now.
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_0106.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_0107.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_0108.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_0109.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-100sss1010002_s1010002.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-100sss1010001_s1010001.jpg

Also i now plan to hang with the big boys, but all good rc cars are out of my budget but i am designing some website in a few weeks for international companies so i might earn some buck to buy a few beautiful monsters [amazing how two opp. words sound so gud together n apt that too].
I have a few cars that i have shot listed a traxxas rustler vxl or traxxas slash or hpi e-firestorm or mayb traxxas e-maxx. i would do a bit or offroading, bashing, n races with u guys when u meet in mumbai. So i dont want to just eat the dust. It neednt be too fast just fast around the track lots of speed isnt gud if u can harness it well around a track...

Thats all for now...
Btw i am Austin D'Silva
Third Year IT Engg presently in pune..
Old 5th February 2009, 12:40   #377
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to visit a veteran RC aeromodeler today to pick up some fuel. Most Chennai fliers may know Guptaji who has retired from the NCC and is a popular instructor and flyer.

He allowed me to play with his flying simulator used for instructing new flyers. The feel on the radio and heli dynamics seemed real. Felt really hard to keep the Raptor flying. Not much into cars, but has a good spread of helis and aircrafts. Invited me to their flying sessions.
Old 6th February 2009, 00:47   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I had a chance to visit a veteran RC aeromodeler today to pick up some fuel. Most Chennai fliers may know Guptaji who has retired from the NCC and is a popular instructor and flyer.
He allowed me to play with his flying simulator used for instructing new flyers. The feel on the radio and heli dynamics seemed real. Felt really hard to keep the Raptor flying. Not much into cars, but has a good spread of helis and aircrafts. Invited me to their flying sessions.
Hey Ajo, you back in chennai? Yes Guptaji is a name that is respected in the Aero scene. You picked fuel from him. how much did it cost? and was it with or without NITRO coz for aero purpose nitro is only an additive not an essential. you can PM me the details.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:23   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
You picked fuel from him. how much did it cost? and was it with or without NITRO coz for aero purpose nitro is only an additive not an essential. you can PM me the details.
Cost Rs.250 a litre with 15% nitro. But its meant for helis, and I am worried as the oil content is more than 15%. He claims its has raw castor and works just as premixed fuel. Cant help it as no delaer in chennai has premixed fuel. Will get some imported fuel from BLR when I drive down next time.

I am getting my first nitro rc tomorrow. I am very excited. Watch this space.
Old 8th February 2009, 22:21   #380
Senior - BHPian

Dream Accomplished.....

Here are some images of my first Nitro RC truck. ThunderTiger MTA4 S50 SledgeHammer, essentially the Team Associated MGT 8.0

I would like to thank all those who helped me in arriving at this decision especially Mura who demistified my various doubts about RC and iceman who made me think Nitro over electric.

Although this wasnt my first brand preference, I was literally forced to get my second choice due to certain unpleasant interactions with the brand's India promoters. (Please dont ask about this, chapter is over and I am happy with my decision)

Had some issues with breakin of the engine (experts call them breakin pains). Had time only for 1 tank. Need to cover another 3 or 4 tanks to get the engine fully set in and ready for action.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4568.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4572.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4573.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4569.jpg  

Old 9th February 2009, 09:59   #381
BHPian

Congrats Ajo, the monster looks Wonderful.. yet Mean!!! truly a Dream come true.
Go thru with the breakin at whatever pace is comfortable with you.

For the benefit of all R/C folks, a few laws in R/C that i learnt the hard way :-(
* no hurry in any & all situations, doing things in a slower pace is always better, like ajo you have this truck because of waiting. impatience would have had a totally different result right I've lost many models (air/water) to impatience in the early days
* get help and company when you breakin or do your regular runs. A small team of friends are always more fun than us going to the field alone and struggling with our tools, fuel, radio equipment... (I've lost stuff on the field)
* when you run into glitch never be hasty to re-run after a simple check. Have a procedure you follow. never fly or run with a damaged part, replace or fix it, run only when you are sure that the problem has been fixed. I fly aero models and here the risk is higher, yet throughout this Hobby 'responsibility' is at par. Prevention always better than Cure.
* lastly, always go the field with our Brains and our Nerves. LOL . So often we loose our nerves and do crazy things.. Accidents and mishaps can be avoided with right thinking and a cool head.

have fun. this is an amazing hobby. lets enjoy.

Last edited by johnda : 9th February 2009 at 10:01.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:36   #382
BHPian

Hey Mail4ajo,
Congrats on your new purchase. It is wonderful. I hope to see more pics of this monster in action soon. Like I wrote earlier in the thread that i am planning to get one myself. I will appreciate if you can share your experience on engine run-in process with us along with few pics if possible.
I hope to get my R/C by end of this week so keeping my fingers crossed. Just like you I started with electric and ended up with nitro, all thanks to 'Kapil' and 'Manish'. I will post some pics ASA I get my R/C.

Manu Chawla
Old 12th February 2009, 11:25   #383
Senior - BHPian

A few Chassis images. ModelArt BLR has sold about 9 S50s and has some on order and many S28s and S18s. I need to find the other owners, so that we can share tips and experiences. The shop staff were also helpful especially a Lano and Aran. Somewhat a US hobby shop effect. But miles to go.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4576e.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4582.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4585.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4579.jpg  

Last edited by mail4ajo : 12th February 2009 at 11:30.
Old 14th February 2009, 16:14   #384

Hi again...

hey mail4ajo where are all the other ppl gone RPM, KSM, kapiljolly etc...
Anyways are ppl still racing in mumbai?????
I wanted to know if hpi firestorm 10t is available in indian... N if i can upgrade it to brushless... I know the firestorm flux has brushless but its costly...
Do reply thanks...

Austin
Old 15th February 2009, 01:21   #385
Senior - BHPian

hey dude i am around....ya people do meet up for RC meets...but not sure about the parts and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stain_619 View Post
Hi again...

I wanted to know if hpi firestorm 10t is available in indian... N if i can upgrade it to brushless... I know the firestorm flux has brushless but its costly...
Do reply thanks...

Austin
Old 15th February 2009, 09:57   #386
BHPian

Is Traxxas available in Bangalore ? Any idea ?
Old 16th February 2009, 15:17   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Is Traxxas available in Bangalore ? Any idea ?
From what i know only the following are available

HPI
GS RACING
CEN RACING
Thunder Tiger

in bangalore
Old 16th February 2009, 23:32   #388
Senior - BHPian

I ran about 3 tanks now. An issue has cropped up:

Whenever I apply the brakes, the engine stalls. I adjusted the throttle trim on the transmitter. The engine idle is fine, but cuts off when I touch the brakes. How to rectify?
Old 17th February 2009, 11:09   #389
BHPian

We're all very much here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stain_619 View Post
Hi again...

Do reply thanks...

Austin
Old 17th February 2009, 11:41   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I ran about 3 tanks now. An issue has cropped up:

Whenever I apply the brakes, the engine stalls. I adjusted the throttle trim on the transmitter. The engine idle is fine, but cuts off when I touch the brakes. How to rectify?
Tighten the idle screw 1/2 to 3/4 turn.

Most Viewed