Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 16:31   #451
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mura. Will check it out.

Here's the new boy. Runs pretty well on the 2400mAh. It ran really fast when fully charged and slowed down as the battery drained. It spins like crazy. So I can imagine what a 4200mAh can do!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4590.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4591.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4592.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_4594.jpg  

Old 7th March 2009, 17:30   #452
BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase ajo. 2 new R/C's in a month!!!! so whats next on the list?

What kind of speeds does this thing reach with 2400 mah?
Old 8th March 2009, 00:15   #453

Hey again,

I did post something today but i guess it didnt go through...
Congrats ajo on the sparrowhawk. hope you can give us a video of ur cars. n an approximation of the top speed of the sparrowhawk xb...

I need some advise... am looking at getting either the e-firestorm 10t, bandit xl-5 or sparrowhawk xb...

I assume all 3 of them have an out of the box speed of 30MPH,
Im hoping with a upgrade to the MM4600kv and a 3s i might get past the 45MPH...

Anyways i wanted something with a good chassis and suspension that wont bend or break with some bashing, Hopefully a metallic gearing that will be able to take future upgrade to a more powerful motor...

I guess since the TT is 4WD it will have better handling but then it will lose on top end speed... Whats the max speed i can expect... hoping ajo can help since he now has the car...

Also like u suggested mura getting the battery and charger of rcmart i was wondering if the charger they provide would work with the 220v local power supply here???

Thanks
Old 8th March 2009, 01:22   #454
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro, howmuch did you pay for it totally?
Old 8th March 2009, 19:57   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Congrats bro, howmuch did you pay for it totally?
11.5K for the TT XB without battery and charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
What kind of speeds does this thing reach with 2400 mah?
Not sure of the top speed. Dont have any equipment to check. Will try to run with a car and check. But felt peppy when the battery is fully charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Congrats on the new purchase ajo. 2 new R/C's in a month!!!! so whats next on the list?
If Mura keeps his promise of assembling a Tamiya for me, definately a DF03RA Chassis Subaru is next on the list in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stain_619 View Post
Hopefully a metallic gearing that will be able to take future upgrade to a more powerful motor...
XB comes with metal gears differentials and steel drive.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:02   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
11.5K for the TT XB without battery and charger.

and how much did the battery and charger cost you? and 11.5k at your door step right?
Old 8th March 2009, 22:09   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stain_619 View Post
Hey again,

I did post something today but i guess it didnt go through...
Congrats ajo on the sparrowhawk. hope you can give us a video of ur cars. n an approximation of the top speed of the sparrowhawk xb...

I need some advise... am looking at getting either the e-firestorm 10t, bandit xl-5 or sparrowhawk xb...

I assume all 3 of them have an out of the box speed of 30MPH,
Im hoping with a upgrade to the MM4600kv and a 3s i might get past the 45MPH...

Anyways i wanted something with a good chassis and suspension that wont bend or break with some bashing, Hopefully a metallic gearing that will be able to take future upgrade to a more powerful motor...

I guess since the TT is 4WD it will have better handling but then it will lose on top end speed... Whats the max speed i can expect... hoping ajo can help since he now has the car...

Also like u suggested mura getting the battery and charger of rcmart i was wondering if the charger they provide would work with the 220v local power supply here???

Thanks

For ultimate in Bashing toughness nothing beats a Traxxas Bandit with RPM hopups.

If you are going to get a 3s lipo get the MM5700 not the 4600.

Also remember good Lipos are Expensive, 4000+mah 3s 25C cost around 120 US$.

The Charger works with a 12V DC Supply.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:20   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
and how much did the battery and charger cost you? and 11.5k at your door step right?
I have the battery and charger from my Nitro starter kit. They give you a charger and 2400mAh battery as a combo for about 2.5K.

Since they declined my discount request. I forced them to send the piece to Chennai at no extra charge. Came overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
For ultimate in Bashing toughness nothing beats a Traxxas Bandit with RPM hopups.
I heard that the VXL is really fast. How does it perform on loose sand and gravel since its 2WD? Cost about 19K for VXL and 12K for Brush with a local dealer.

I just went for the TT since:

1. its is 4WD
2. my application was not for top speed or racing
3. fitted my budget
4. upgradable to brushless since it has steel gears
5. local spare availability (atleast critical ones)
6. good natured dealer.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 9th March 2009 at 10:21.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:45   #459
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have finally bought HPI savage 3.5 RTR. I am trying to go through the engine break in process.
I have complete the radio equipment check, and now I am trying to remove the air filter and to manually set the throttle to 1/4 as suggested in HPI. But I dont know how to remove the Air filter.. can any one help.

regards,
Manu Chawla
Old 12th March 2009, 18:52   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Hi guys,
I have finally bought HPI savage 3.5 RTR. I am trying to go through the engine break in process.
I have complete the radio equipment check, and now I am trying to remove the air filter and to manually set the throttle to 1/4 as suggested in HPI. But I dont know how to remove the Air filter.. can any one help.

regards,
Manu Chawla
It will be ziptied, just pull it out holding the rubber tube. Or cut the ziptie with a blade and ziptie again when refitting.
Old 12th March 2009, 20:32   #461
BHPian

I Just bought HPI SavageX 4.6 with reverse and its awesome.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:47   #462
BHPian

Awesome Pradeep. Its my favourite monster truck too. And the darn thing is very tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
I Just bought HPI SavageX 4.6 with reverse and its awesome.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:00   #463
BHPian

Hi guys finally managed to get the air filter off the carb and get the engine started (with help of Manish) and set the carb to ideal position.

Current situation - After starting the engine after that setting I trimmed the throttle on remote so that wheel does not move and clutch is not engaged but the wheels are still moving. All the needles are at the factory settings. As per the HPI manual wheels should not move. I am also monitoring the temp (using my hand) . Once it starts the engine ideals for few second then gains speed and the wheel start rotating.

Am I doing something wrong. Please guys help me out.
Old 13th March 2009, 23:38   #464
BHPian

I believe that we have a significant number of RC car owners (or drivers) in Delhi. This is an effort to get them together, not as in forming a club but just meet, and try to organise an informal meet in Delhi in the next few weeks.

So please if you could identify yourself for us to get a grip on how many are out there. We need to know your names, mobile numbers, email address (mandatory) and what car or cars you own. The best way is to PM me or email me (email address in profile) and I will create a list and email to all those who have responded.

Anyone from the NCR (Gurgaon, Faridabad, NOIDA etc) or outside Delhi is also welcome as long as you are willing to drive to Delhi (in your real 1:1 cars!) for the meet. We have a few locations in mind for the meet and are looking for dates from the last week of March or in April. It will be a Sunday and we will start in the morning. If we have enough folks we can contribute and get some refreshments organised as well.

Please pass this info on to all friends and folks that you may know of who do not participate in this forum as well but own RC cars. I suggest that you let me have your details even if you are not able to make it on the dates for future reference. We also intend to welcome future RC car owners who are wanting to get into this hobby but are still contemplating.

Hoping to hear from you guys...cheers!

Quote:
....I need some expert opinion on which nitro R/c to buy. I have two options.....

Go for the savage, the high clearance , ladder chassis and the long travel suspension is great for bashing

Quote:
...Am I doing something wrong. Please guys help me out.

You need to break this thing in properly, its too early to tune the nitro yet. I am in Delhi and own a savage XL, drop me a PM and we can speak about your problem, perhaps we can meet too if you are in South Delhi

Note From Mod:
Hi Zipperone,
1) Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
2) Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.
Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 03:35. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 14th March 2009, 11:20   #465
BHPian

Hey Zipper. Count me in. My entire collection comprises of a various number of RC cars, all shown in some earlier posts on here.

I'm a great fan of the savage X series and have the 4.6 X and SS. I've also recently boutght the 5.9 power plant and am waiting to drop it in the X to enjoy its awesome power. So see you guys out there sometime.

I shall be coming to Delhi this 20th and 21st. I can bring the trucks with me and if anyone else is ok with these dates, please lets get together.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks