Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 09:01   #541
BHPian

@bhp - Congrats on the new ride!! Are you going to participate in the upcoming race?

@Manu - Mura has pointed you in the right direction. Also read the manual for some useful info. Meshing is the most important thing , if it is not done right could lead to a lot of stripped gears.

What batteries are you running on the firestorm? Please post pics when you get a chance.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:21   #542

Hey manu,

Yes RPM and Mura are right. You need to check the meshing carfully and HPI cars are very sensitive in these issue. I have an Savage X and this is the common problem I face with the car. The smallest of the problem with the clutch, clutch bearing, spur gear bearing will cause your spur gear or clutch to damage. So please rectify the problem before burn the roads.

I have started a thread for the race and have attached the form there.

So any one interested can view or download the form from this thread....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...09-mumbai.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2009 at 15:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:54   #543
bhp
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2009 at 14:44.
bhp is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2009, 17:09   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BRC View Post
spur gear bearing will cause your spur gear or clutch to damage.
The Savage continues to come with nylon spurs. The spur gear is the weakest link in the otherwise wonderful machine. The metal spur gear should be the first upgrade for the Savage.

BRC, I see Kyosho mentioned on the form. Have you started dealing with Kyoshos?
Old 30th May 2009, 00:57   #545
BHPian

Thanks Guys.. Will check the meshing and update you soon. As for the pics I will try to get some pics of my savage & e-firestorm.

@ RPM - I am running HPI GT 7.2v 3300mah battery pack.

This might be too early but I am already looking for upgrade to bring my firestorm to comp specs. Following things are in pipeline (will be executes when i have some vitamin-M) -

1. New brushless/ESC combo - Please suggest what all I need to change other than ESC & Motor.
2. Tires - Still looking at different brands.
3.Shocks & Shock oil - make them little softer.
4. LIPO - will decide once motor/esc combo is finalized.
OT - can someone explain what is Drag brake and how it works.
Old 30th May 2009, 08:32   #546
BHPian

@Manu: If you were planning a brushless esc/motor you should have got the Firestorm Flux instead of the standard one. I dont think you will need to upgrade anything on the truck if you upgrade to brushless.

GRP and Proline (available Officially in india)have a range of tires for 1/10 scale offroad. Choose your tires based on the terrain.

Using 40-45wt shock oil should be the best of both worlds (not sure what the stock firestorm comes with)

Get good lipos - do not buy the cheap ones. Hyperion, venom should be a good choice as they are available officially. Go with 2s min 25c min 4000 mah.

@Ajo - Only the Savage SS Kit comes with a steel spur gear as a standard part. HPI should include them in RTR kits too.

@BRC - The event was supposed to be at NESCO grounds in Goregaon right? why the sudden change in venue?
Old 30th May 2009, 10:55   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
@Manu: If you were planning a brushless esc/motor you should have got the Firestorm Flux instead of the standard one. I dont think you will need to upgrade anything on the truck if you upgrade to brushless.

GRP and Proline (available Officially in india)have a range of tires for 1/10 scale offroad. Choose your tires based on the terrain.

Using 40-45wt shock oil should be the best of both worlds (not sure what the stock firestorm comes with)

Get good lipos - do not buy the cheap ones. Hyperion, venom should be a good choice as they are available officially. Go with 2s min 25c min 4000 mah.
1. Flux was not available at the time so i settled with standard one. Another reason was that I wanted custom motor/esc combo?
2. Can you please PM the contact details of the guy selling GRP/Proline & Lipo batteries.

3. I am not very knowledgeable about LIPO so can you or any one else explain me how to read LIPO battery spec. I mean I know about the mah thing but what does 2s and 25c stand for?
Old 30th May 2009, 11:30   #548
BHPian

@manu: PM Sent.

I am not too experienced with Lipos but i have some basic knowledge. 2s,3s is the number of cells the battery contains. 20c,25c etc is the discharge rate of the battery, mah is the capacity of the battery. Each cell is 3.7V, so a 2s would give 7.4v and 3s 11.1 v.

HPI recomends using 2s batteries with 25c discharge rate for the firestorm flux.
Old 30th May 2009, 12:50   #549
BHPian

Quote:
@manu: PM Sent.

I am not too experienced with Lipos but i have some basic knowledge. 2s,3s is the number of cells the battery contains. 20c,25c etc is the discharge rate of the battery, mah is the capacity of the battery. Each cell is 3.7V, so a 2s would give 7.4v and 3s 11.1 v.

HPI recommends using 2s batteries with 25c discharge rate for the firestorm flux.
Thanks for the explanation RPM.
But can some one elaborate on discharge rate and its significance? Is it better to have a battery with higher discharge rate if mah and no. of cells are same?
Old 1st June 2009, 11:36   #550

Hey Manu,

According to me The Burst rate for the battery is for the initial thrust you need in the car. When you do full throttle you get the initial punch due to the high burst rate, but your battery run time decreases so you need to calculate your exact initial power you need with the total run time.
Old 1st June 2009, 19:35   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using 45wt oil from GS racing after I busted my buggy shocks. Works well.

Quote:
@Ajo - Only the Savage SS Kit comes with a steel spur gear as a standard part. HPI should include them in RTR kits too.
And ofcourse the big daddy Savage XL does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
I am not very knowledgeable about LIPO so can you or any one else explain me how to read LIPO battery spec.
Please read up on Lipo before venturing into them. They can be messy, expensive and dangerous from what I read on most forums.

Also check with HPI if the E Firestorm has metal differential gears. Most electrics do. Better if you plan to upgrade.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:13   #552

Traxxas are good for beginners but I will highly recommend HPI or Team LOSI if you are serious .

Even thunder tiger is now in india they prices are very aggresive and I also reccomend them. I think Model Art in Forum in bangalore has a good stock his prices are also excellent.

I owned a traxxas Emaxx back in 2003. They stock motors are fine but nothing worth while.
For those who know about electronics , in 2006 I upgraded it to Brushelss motor 7XL and Mamaba Max ESC. Works on 4S lipo batteries

I got a Team Losi Truck in 2007 and its rocket. 4.6cc produces massive power , the truck has crazy suspession . Dual Servos for steering .
SYNTHESIZED remote ( can you beat that) as stock. many more amazing things.
-------------

The reason i don't recommend Traxxas is because of quality of parts. Team Losi parts are bullet infront of cheap traxxas plastics.

If you RC cars you are sure to hit them aruond and when you do many will break , but some will break much more.

LOSI , HPI are great companies which make quality products. The Traxxas has serious issues with their quality , REVO is one of the very few products from Traxxas which can take some beating , but trucks like Tmaxx and Emaxx cannot without spending lots of money on upgrads

LOSI and HPI on the other end make great products which can take the punishment of RC car hobby.

Their is simply no comparisons.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:23   #553
BHPian

@puneet: Please post pics of the losi when you get a chance. I have heard horror stories even about the revo when it comes to quality as most parts are plastic. Was planning to get a revo platinum until mira advised me against it.

@Ajo: Forgot about the xl. Even the Savage flux comes with it.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:49   #554

For guys who want to buy Electronics VISIT

Hobbycity Online R/C Hobby Store : its a hong kong based website. The products are dirt cheap. Pick up stuff at 1/3 cost of american retailers. The quality is average but you definately get a huge bang for the buck.

I am active on runryder.com here are some of the gallery pictures.
RunRyder - puneetp's gallery

Also I reccomend the 1/5 scalre gasoline powered cars like HPI baja and FG. They are fun as they require easily available gasoline.

Last edited by puneetp : 2nd June 2009 at 17:09.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:49   #555

Sorry my previous post got spoilt I have asked the admin to give me persmission to edit and make the links look clean.

Tese are my old pictures .[IMG]file:///C:/MYDocuments/Pictures/Puneet_flying_jatin/DSC01048.JPG[/IMG]TEAM LOSI is the bigger truck with engine with golden head.

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1_dsc01046.jpg

New Emaxx without Lithum batteries notice how light weight and stripped down it looks . It has 100Amps at 14.8 volts approximately 1400Watts. approximately 2BHP.
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1_dsc01045.jpg

My Old Configuration of EMAXX before I moved it to brushless
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1_img_2496.jpgThe Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1_img_2492.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_2496.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_2493.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks