Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 18:18   #331

I just found out that GS Racing is also available in India now. Also professional 3 Channel 2.4Ghz Car radios are also available.

Cool now that we have many options now in India.

Good to find out on BHP that alot of guys have common interest in RC and also of Brand availablity

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th December 2008 at 14:42.
Old 27th December 2008, 13:47   #332

My New XUT 1/8 Scale nitro car. The Car is awesome, also the Glow charger, fuel bottle, 4 way wrench and other tools was included.

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc008951.jpg

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc008941.jpg

Also bought this car radio its 2.4 Ghz which is the latest technology it 3 channel, has 18 model memory, some more great features. Great to have this. The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-atxmx3fhss.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th December 2008 at 14:42. Reason: see note in Post
Old 28th December 2008, 13:22   #333
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to know if anyone has experience with 1/5 Gasoline RCs? They usually come in engine sizes like 23 or 28cc. Duratrax has Firehammer, Red cat Rampage, Smartech Titan and HPI Baja 5B.

Firehammer cost somehere close to 750$. Any idea why this category isnt that popular apart from the cost? Seems to be easy to run and maintain and economical too.
Old 28th December 2008, 21:58   #334
Senior - BHPian

ok so how much have you spent on all this? is the running in over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattyrc View Post
My New XUT 1/8 Scale nitro car. The Car is awesome, also the Glow charger, fuel bottle, 4 way wrench and other tools was included.

Attachment 82728

Attachment 82729

Also bought this car radio its 2.4 Ghz which is the latest technology it 3 channel, has 18 model memory, some more great features. Great to have this. Attachment 82730

Old 29th December 2008, 11:09   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
ok so how much have you spent on all this? is the running in over?
Hi KSM,

The running is not yet over. I bought it from RCDhamaka its based in Bangalore.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:48   #336
BHPian

Is Modelart, Forum, Bangalore a good place to get a bargain on RC's... planning to get one for my son, need advice on where to get it from !

I have seen a few in their show window.
Old 29th December 2008, 20:58   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Is Modelart, Forum, Bangalore a good place to get a bargain on RC's... planning to get one for my son, need advice on where to get it from ! I have seen a few in their show window.
From what I have heard and spoken, seems to be a good place, but dont expect any bargain. If its for your son, I am just guessing Croma or Big Bazzar would be a good place to go unless you are looking at hobby grade RCs.
Old 5th January 2009, 20:45   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Is Modelart, Forum, Bangalore a good place to get a bargain on RC's... planning to get one for my son, need advice on where to get it from !

I have seen a few in their show window.
Hey, i bought a car from Modelart in bangalore.. n after using it for 30 min i was like .. man.. the cars they sell have no quality.. after i finished my run in, i took it out to see what it could do.. 2 pulls and i had the pull starter in my hand .. When i called those guys, they very happily put the blame on me saying that i did not know how to operate it.. i have a lot of RC cars with me.. Frankly, the guys in the store do not know anything about RC cars, and the sales guy admitted that he knows only about planes ..
Old 5th January 2009, 21:14   #339
BHPian

@letsrace which brand was it???,some of these guys sell RC's made by some local company which hardly last even for 10 days.

Last edited by team suzuki : 5th January 2009 at 21:16.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:42   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsrace View Post
Hey, i bought a car from Modelart in bangalore.. n after using it for 30 min i was like man.. the cars they sell have no quality.. after i finished my run in, i took it out to see what it could do.. 2 pulls and i had the pull starter in my hand
Oh my god...... Dont tell me its an expensive one like ThunderTiger. Was it Himoto?

By the way, the pull start is easy to damage if not used right. You shouldnt pull it all the way out. Short, quick pulls. I still have not got used to it after trying it a few times. I almost got killed by an office mate for yanking off his $700 Race ready HPI Hellfire's pull start. He repaired it in 15 mins.

I am planning to get a truck soon and am apprenhensive of the pull start. I have a few repair manuals if you want to repair DIY.
Old 5th January 2009, 22:03   #341
BHPian

Model art only sells thunder Tiger, havent seen any other brand of RCs the last time i visited.
Old 5th January 2009, 22:38   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
@letsrace which brand was it???,some of these guys sell RC's made by some local company which hardly last even for 10 days.
Hi team suzuki, it was thundertiger, i was so very disappointed with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Oh my god...... Dont tell me its an expensive one like ThunderTiger. Was it Himoto?

By the way, the pull start is easy to damage if not used right. You shouldnt pull it all the way out. Short, quick pulls. I still have not got used to it after trying it a few times. I almost got killed by an office mate for yanking off his $700 Race ready HPI Hellfire's pull start. He repaired it in 15 mins.

I am planning to get a truck soon and am apprenhensive of the pull start. I have a few repair manuals if you want to repair DIY.
yeah it was a thundertiger unfortunately.. i have a couple of other RC brands which have lasted me for quite sometime.. I finally went to the store and asked him to repair it, he changed the spring inside and charged me 100 bucks

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th January 2009 at 23:14. Reason: back to back posts and multi quote
Old 5th January 2009, 22:46   #343
Senior - BHPian

Met the GSracing distributor for India. saw the cars.
Good build quality. Need to see it perform now to confirm.
Old 5th January 2009, 23:32   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Wanted to know if anyone has experience with 1/5 Gasoline RCs? They usually come in engine sizes like 23 or 28cc. Duratrax has Firehammer, Red cat Rampage, Smartech Titan and HPI Baja 5B.

Firehammer cost somehere close to 750$. Any idea why this category isnt that popular apart from the cost? Seems to be easy to run and maintain and economical too.
My friend in Coorg recently bought a Baja for close to 70k i think.. i havent driven it yet.. planning to go to coorg this weekend for a session of Baja Thrashing.. i will give you an update as soon as i do that
Old 6th January 2009, 00:38   #345

Where are petrol RCs available

I am interested in buying a petrol RC car as Nitro is difficult to source. Any places in chennai or banglore where i can get them. PLease help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks