Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 13:25   #16
BANNED

Hey, Definitely a shocking incident but why on earth wud someone wanna go to a public place like that for NYs knowing that the cops on duty probably arnt the safest + there are going to be hundreds of perverts there ...

At times we guys should realise what is safe and what is not safe .... We guys may be a very open minded lot but that doesnt mean we take everything at face value . For eg -- I wudnt venture out with a woman all alone into such a crowded place . They dont deserve what happened but maybe they should have anticpated such a scenario and chosen to go someplace else .

UNFORTUNATE NEVER THE LESS .. and todays papers state that the guys arrested confessed that they didnt attempt to molest her but instead were trying to steal her mobile phone -- now is that a lame one or not ??? Public FLOGGING shud be promoted in India , thats the only way to deter such perverts .

Cheers
Old 5th January 2007, 14:20   #17
BHPian

Its clear from the statements of Mulayam's spokes person terming NOIDA incident to be a minor one (where 20+ children have been molested and killed) that we are being ruled by a bunch of insensitive people.
Now the COPs may say its the couple entirely to blame, they should not have been there in that place. God, where is the country going ?
Old 5th January 2007, 19:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Shamefull and Disgusting this definately was. Why expect cops to help women being molested? A cop was arrested in Marine Drive, Mumbai on thursday for molesting a woman! The gateway incident, then the australian couple, then an American girl was molested in the prince of wales muesuem and the cop molesting case. And it's not just molestation but in every way we, Indians are rude and insensitive.

After every such incident everyone asks if Mumbai is safe for women anymore. IMO, Mumbai stopped being safe when a young girl was raped on August 15 in a moving local train by a totaly sozzled out drunkard while a number of people including women sat and looked on. By the way, what happened to that case? Does anyone even remember that incident? And remember Jaybala Ashar? She was thrown out of a moving train for resisting a thief while other women looked on. If I remember correctly, those other women calmly got down at Churchgate and didn't even bother informing the authorities about a girl being thrown off the train. Another incident was the Marine Drive incident where a cop took a couple to the police station and raped the girl inside. If society can't ensure protection to the other gender then we are failed state. All this 9-10% growth and economy booming means BS! We are a barbaric society, that is the TRUTH! Thank God I was not born a woman
Old 5th January 2007, 20:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Thank God I was not born a woman
sorry amit.
mods please edit the above post, it could be interpreted as gender discrimation.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th January 2007 at 20:19.
Old 5th January 2007, 20:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Its clear from the statements of Mulayam's spokes person terming NOIDA incident to be a minor one (where 20+ children have been molested and killed) that we are being ruled by a bunch of insensitive people.
Actually he's Mulayam's brother Shivpal Yadav. He's also the PWD minister of UP.
Old 5th January 2007, 20:23   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
well I was not banned but my thread was deleted after few responses.
Your thread was deleted because you tried to blame Mumbai in general for the act of few sex starved maniacs. It could have happened in any of our cities.
Old 5th January 2007, 20:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Your thread was deleted because you tried to blame Mumbai in general for the act of few sex starved maniacs. It could have happened in any of our cities.
At last you have responded . I never said "sex starved maniacs" or blamed mumbai. Its just that moderator took it otherwise. Well surf through news channels and we will have an idea about statements being made about mumbai. We should accept the facts if something pathetic and shameless has happened.
Old 5th January 2007, 20:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At last you have responded . I never said "sex starved maniacs" or blamed mumbai. Its just that moderator took it otherwise.
Let me jog your memory. You titled the thread as Shameless Mumbai, that was not right.

Quote:
Well surf through news channels and we will have an idea about statements being made about mumbai.
News papers and websites makes sensational statements to sell paper and get eye*****. We don't need that here.
Old 5th January 2007, 21:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
News papers and websites makes sensational statements to sell paper and get eye*****. We don't need that here.
yes few newspapers,websites and news channels do that but not all. There are still few responsible media left. This is incident has been highlighted in international media specially after a foriegner woman went through similiar situation on the same night.
Old 7th January 2007, 20:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

All said and done Mumbai is still safe. I just hope those no good idiots are molested by cops in jail.

P.S. Even eyeb-alls is censored? LOL
Old 7th January 2007, 21:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sad that such an incident took place. Wish those chaps are treated with absolutely no remorse in the police station .
Old 9th January 2007, 01:27   #27
BHPian

Its not just Mumbai or India, this happens everywhere. I faintly recall that maximum rape cases are in America. The country with population less than India! So, crime is everywhere. Its just that media in India has grown tremendously in past few years and everyone is better informed now!
Old 9th January 2007, 10:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Its not just Mumbai or India, this happens everywhere. I faintly recall that maximum rape cases are in America. The country with population less than India! So, crime is everywhere. Its just that media in India has grown tremendously in past few years and everyone is better informed now!
completely agree with u that crime is everywhere but on the contrary the conviction rate also is much higher there not the 5% mark that we boast off.

coming back to the thread i guess its time everybody starts behaving in a la "gangajal" movie. that was the best example to treat the dirt we have in our society.
Old 9th January 2007, 11:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Best Remedy

See, we all here are responsible citizens.
We drive safely and are concerened about others' Safety too.
But just ranting about such incidences ain't enough.
Therez something i read somewhere.
'Incident without action is worse than Ignorance.'
Let us all try to stop an incident by Hand.
If not possible than by word (mouth).
The rest,Cursing, Ranting and raving in our hearts..
we are best at!!
Atleast we can reduce incidences if not eliminate them.
What Says?
Old 9th January 2007, 13:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Lets leave aside the stupidity of that couple aside and ponder a bit on the responsible citizen aspect a bit.

If one of us were nearby, what would you have done???
Remember most folks are drunk and/or on drugs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks