Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 13:58   #31
BHPian

I'll findout if there is any thing I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Lets leave aside the stupidity of that couple aside and ponder a bit on the responsible citizen aspect a bit.

If one of us were nearby, what would you have done???
Remember most folks are drunk and/or on drugs.
If I was there I'd try to do some thing like creating a false alarm as if there are COPs coming in or some thing like that. It is certain that there is unlikely any thing I could do alone. It'll be a different thing altogether if I had a few friends with me.
Old 9th January 2007, 14:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

THis is sad but you know many can be blamed for this act.

1.The couple should have been a bit more relaistic about the kind of crowd that wil be roaming the streets on 31st past midnight.
2.Part of the blame for the parents of these young guys who have not been taught about their manners . who have not been taught about respect for fellow citizen ,who have not been taught about dignity ......who have not been taught the fact that " woman kind are needed for the continuation of Homo Sapiens " ,
3.Partly mumabi police for being a spectator to the whole show.
4.Partly for the way human beings are treating each other nowadays . Society has become more of a place of 'battle for the best' than 'live for one another' .
Old 9th January 2007, 14:23   #33
BHPian

decline in morals and degradation in society

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
THis is sad but you know many can be blamed for this act.

1.The couple should have been a bit more relaistic about the kind of crowd that wil be roaming the streets on 31st past midnight.
2.Part of the blame for the parents of these young guys who have not been taught about their manners . who have not been taught about respect for fellow citizen ,who have not been taught about dignity ......who have not been taught the fact that " woman kind are needed for the continuation of Homo Sapiens " ,
3.Partly mumabi police for being a spectator to the whole show.
4.Partly for the way human beings are treating each other nowadays . Society has become more of a place of 'battle for the best' than 'live for one another' .
Classic point maxbhp. Its not merely this incident, my opinion is our society is on a decline. I am not one of those moral police teaching how to dress, etc.. , but you know what I mean. One reason may be population explosion creating huge demand for any kind of resources, may be food, roads, place to love, etc..

Going off topic, .... excuse me.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:04   #34
Team-BHP Support

Came across this thread only today, and am so shocked, dunno what to say !! As they say, 'Prevention is better than cure', and i guess the couple should have applied a bit of common sense and stayed away from such a place considering the kind of people who lurk around.

Such incidents are not restricted to any one place, as the recent case of a bouncer who was killed in Bangalore for daring to intervene when a girl was being eve-teased at a pub on Brigade Road shows.
Old 13th January 2007, 13:20   #35
BHPian

Quite frankly I'm shocked. Always thought these things happened only in the north of India.
In Goa it's unthinkable that such a thing would happen in public. If any guys tried to fool around with a girl, the public would probably skin them alive. I have seen once a tourist group trying to eve-tease local girls at the beach, thinking Goan girls are "easy". They got such a hot reception, some of them landed in hospital, and they all left that very night!
Old 13th January 2007, 13:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
What do u mean??? Where does it say that women can not come out and celebrate the new year? Its the duty of the cops to make sure that each and every one of us feels safe when we step out of our houses.
This is India mate, one has to know where not to be, and I agree that it's the cop's duty, but we also know how good they are at their duty, so stay out of places filled with cheap crowd if you have women with you, Simple !
In my opinion the Cops are the biggest criminals in our country, I have had first hand experience, they are the worst. I am not saying all cops are thieves, but most are Dacoits.
Nothing works by the law here, our country is ruled by Hypocrisy, we say our people have culture and westerners are degenerates, whereas most common people have none here. We who are on this forum are educated people, but the ones who groped that girl are the commoners and they are the majority by far. Sad But True.
Old 13th January 2007, 16:44   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Quite frankly I'm shocked. Always thought these things happened only in the north of India.
In Goa it's unthinkable that such a thing would happen in public. If any guys tried to fool around with a girl, the public would probably skin them alive. I have seen once a tourist group trying to eve-tease local girls at the beach, thinking Goan girls are "easy". They got such a hot reception, some of them landed in hospital, and they all left that very night!
Baba, sadly it DOES happen in Goa. Happened several times with friends of mine and once we got into a bad fight because some guys tried acting funny with my sister. In Baga no less.
Old 17th January 2007, 19:53   #38
BHPian

Delhi, Mumbai and what next ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Baba, sadly it DOES happen in Goa. Happened several times with friends of mine and once we got into a bad fight because some guys tried acting funny with my sister. In Baga no less.
Was Delhi, now Mumbai, next ???

Another incident in Mumbai

Woman drugged, molested in car : New Year, Mumbai, Gateway of India, molest, police, Mid-Day : IBNLive.com : CNN-IBN

apparently there were three on new year day (not only one we are aware of). Is it that crime against women is on the rise, or the incidents are being brought out reported more ?

I wish the second one is true.
Old 18th January 2007, 07:45   #39

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i would more or less blame the couple.i agree everybody has the right to do whatever they like.but modernisation is a relative term in india.....still.only the educated have become broad minded...to an extent.the commoners are still the same...sex craved maniacs.if they cant spare little girls(nithari) what chance does a young woman have.
in the end its the woman who suffers...so its better to avoid such situations where her safety may be compromised...i feel for the woman....this incident would have left a huge scar in her mind.may god bless her and give her all the courage she needs to sail through this trauma.
and the less we talk about the cops..the better.the biggest scoundrels are the cops.i have had instances where i would be out in the night with my girl and the cops would ask me insulting questions related to my girl.have blown my top a couple of times.and till date keep regrettin what i could have done if they were not wearing uniforms.
Old 18th January 2007, 14:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

So whats the progress on this case? The cops made a few "feel good" statements about investigating the case, detained some guys, one of them even gave them a tip on some other guy who was a part of that incident and who apparently snatched the girl's cell phone from him and then everything went quiet. Even the media isn't bothered anymore. In fact, even Mid-Day isn't pursuing this case even though they should because they are the ones who broke this story in the first place. Maybe they feel that their "job" was over once they reported this incident. And why didn't the couple come out and complain about that incident even after some of the guys invovled were detained. Can't blame the cop's entirely too. Thats so typical of what ails this country. We are a country full of arm chair experts. No one in this country walks the talk.
Old 20th January 2007, 02:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
What do u mean??? Where does it say that women can not come out and celebrate the new year? Its the duty of the cops to make sure that each and every one of us feels safe when we step out of our houses.
I know this post was quite old, but cudn't resist posting it.

Do we realise the cost of policing? here we expect police to restrain every #%$#@%#^ in the crowd. that's possible if we have lots of money and manpower to handle it. in other words, not possible.

think of other things. we need multiple documents, signatures, approvals authorisations to complete a transaction.

compare to a place where things work on honesty, you can call somebody to pay you bills/get refunds and it's done. We waste so much time, money and energy in policing others.

more examples:
1. having to wear a helmet only when thulla is around.
2. wearing ID in office campus, sigining in and out only when somebody is policing. else, we try to steal every moment of our freedom.
3. using public utilities. we abuse and even steal unless manned by a guard.
4. follwoing rules on road. Don't wanna elaborate

coming back to the point. policing is a necessity, but when the whole public is hell bent towards cheating and harrassing and stealing and what not, it's them they have to change. Policing will just not work.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:42   #42
Team-BHP Support

History repeats
NDTV.com: Mob molests two girls in Mumbai
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:57   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
And no FIR too? Any idea what action was taken last time?
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:06   #44
Team-BHP Support

Today's hyderabad Deccan Chronicle had atleast two reports on Rape
a pregnant woman raped in front of her husband
a 6 year old raped and thrown on railway tracks

news channels were reporting this incident and another similar one in Kochi.

I have no comments on these issues.
If however I had it in my power to get one of these culprits alone for some time and I am done with them; all I would say is may god forgive me for what I do to them.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

saw the news on TV. this is horrible. how can they act so cheap? :(

bblost - this is exactly what i had in mind.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 2nd January 2008 at 12:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks