Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 14:31   #121
Team-BHP Support

I guess a fundamental mistake most of us make is giving the perpetrators the qualification of being human.
They are not!

They are animals who found some good thing, decided that the attack would work and did so.
Humans don't do that, a human would think on morals and equality and so on.

so if we want to prevent an attack on us, its for us to be carefull.
after all the hue and cry about police inactions, uncivilised behaviour and all that the thing remains that those women cannot erase what happened to them.
I dont mean social stigma or apathy but the fact that you got so close to being torn to peices.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
@Techno, yes, to be safe one should wear conservative clothes. but that only encourages people who advocate such crappy moral policing.
I am not sure how you got perceived my Comment But I didn't mention anything about what to wear & what not too, All I am saying is that one should be extra careful of miscreants irrespective of how they are dressed at late nights &\or in secluded areas because all said & done you can not rule out the fact that people like these(whom we are cursing) do exist.

@benbsb29: Yeah read the complete stuff after posting my message, very sad indeed. Yep fillinga case might turn out to be a bigger disaster than what actually happened

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2008 at 14:40.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Amtak has put it quite well. What we need is stringent laws against molestation, rape and the will to enforce it. A bit more compassiontoward the victims. We cannot even begin to think of the trauma they are going through.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:50   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I agree with you. Instead of talking about what attire a lady should wear, I guess we should talk about what we should be learning from this very unfortunate incident. My learnings are:
  1. Not to move out at an odd hour as much as possible(Applicable to both men and women). However, exceptions may exist (Job/duty hours)
  2. If there are ladies with me and I need to move out (let's take this case, ask the ladies to wait inside the premises of the hotel and I would go and fetch the car whatever hour of the day it is).
  3. Let's not talk what a lady should wear. Every person has the right to decide what one should be wearing/not wearing. They say, one should wear sari but I guess a saree if not draped correctly reveals more than what a skirt/Jeans/Tops reveal. Let's not talk on this point further as this is my view.
  4. We are talking that one should carry pepper spray etc etc for safety. However, it is not possible to do that always.
What the govt/ Police should learn:
  1. Instead of blaming the poor souls who were molested, they should increase the nos patrolling teams/Vehicles and please stop this blame game.
  2. Areas are marked for the polices stations and not the citizens. Lodge the complaint and then forward the same immediately to the concerned station. Do not tell the citizen that its not their area and not their headache.
  3. Increase the payments/living conditions of the police so that even they are sensitive to the concerns of the citizens rather than talking about their own plights. ( Have heard this many a times from the police when you go there to lodge a complaint or any assistance).
  4. Make the laws stringent so that such people are not left scot free.
Am I missing something. I know I might get some brickbats here but I am ready to face them. These are my views and I think they can be implemented effectively.
These are easy things to follow and implement. This is the most valuable point. Great post Amit!!
Make the laws stringent so that such people are not left scot free.
Old 4th January 2008, 14:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
These guys should be used as Dummies in High speed crash test, until their death.....
Nah . I prefer their nails plucked out with pliers later on their Tongue may be cut off when they are in full senses and finally their D*** may be electrecuted.

Its indeed a very sad state of affair. It just shows man is still a wild animal at heart.

Last edited by maxbhp : 4th January 2008 at 15:00.
Old 4th January 2008, 15:36   #126
BHPian

India is advanced and forward (for few fellows) but still the mindset of people has not changed so as to accept ladies celebrating New Year at midnight. A little caution and precaution will prevent the people from post incident trauma. It should not be that I have a strong head I shall bang into a rock.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:45   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS line of reasoning. Curtailing of personal freedoms in order to pander to the sentiments of a largely uneducated and illiterate mob will have tremendously bad consequences for all concerned. Who decides what "proper clothes" or "odd hours" are? You?

its a suggession for the victims benefit,it does not say that its victims fault and she deserverved it

secondly,sadly the number of foreigners in the country is more that people like you and me

so that shows how insignificant you and me are in numbers
to be honest i believe what yu are saying is correct

and personally,i will never bother or hurt or even touch a lady even if she is totally naked

but there are others(majority) who would get instigated,so being aware of that one must take precautions
Old 4th January 2008, 16:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
India is advanced and forward (for few fellows) but still the mindset of people has not changed so as to accept ladies celebrating New Year at midnight. A little caution and precaution will prevent the people from post incident trauma. It should not be that I have a strong head I shall bang into a rock.

for your kind information india is one of the least developed socially

here people take every situation in their own hands and lets face it if indian women sometimes have problems because of this they also get away with a lot of things because of this mindset,in india most of the time women are favoured

so the problem lies in the system itself which is not capable of establishing a free and fair environment
Old 4th January 2008, 20:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

and here is an interesting angle, tell all this to a woman, and she goes away chatting with her pals after saying a few "how sad" etc.

first, it's "it will not happen to me syndrome". second, we don't care about anything enough to raise our voice, opinion, give thought and take action. our own lives are at stake with bad traffic, pollution, corruption etc but we just don't want to take action out of laziness (I suppose).

on empowerment of women:
how many of our women can do the same stuff that we can do. if we are in an accident, ill or getting mugged, can they drive us away fast? can they fix the roof if it rains? can they take care of the move of the house? I believe they have chosen their own hell by staying indoors.

Recently we was approached by somebody for arranging his daughter's dowry. Again, i think it's their hell by choice, most of the girls I know have decided once they are born, they will be taken care of by their father, then husband, then sons....they just don't want to have an identity. We men even if are the dumbest of the lot, go out and find a job, we don't think we will get married to some women and live happily ever after.

Since 90% of womenkind has given control to the men, how can you expect the men to spare the rest 10%, considering we still live in jungle mentality where every chance of looting others is utilised to it's full extent.

PS: show my post to anybody and 95% of people will not even understand why I am talking about women getting out. around 80% will think I am some kind of pervert and a religious/social death order should be issued against me .

PPS: So we decide to stay safe, follow the conservative style and tell our women to stay indoor forever, and this is what we get.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 4th January 2008 at 20:05.
Old 4th January 2008, 20:59   #130
Senior - BHPian

Well.. a chunk of those perverts who were caught 2 days ago,have been released on bail (with a bond of Rs10K).

Talk about people, their habits & a wonderful system to keep a check on such crappy individuals..
Old 4th January 2008, 22:02   #131
Senior - BHPian

If Mumbai wasn't enough...
After Mumbai, Kolkata's night of shame-India-The Times of India
Old 4th January 2008, 22:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Well.. a chunk of those perverts who were caught 2 days ago,have been released on bail (with a bond of Rs10K).
Great !!! first it takes 36 hours for the cops to wake up (if not for the media they would never have). Then the judicial system just doles out bails. If the punishment was strict, i am sure it can reduce if not eliminate incidents like this.

I wonder what the commisioner would have said if his family was a victim considering his statement that the media were making an issue out of nothing.
Old 4th January 2008, 22:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

vivekiny2k, you dont make sense remember
there is no such thing as totally they govt has given them freedom to do anything they want ,they dont even have to be responsible
so even though they have total freedom they are still a mans liability
and over the years with feminist nature women have become a bigger liability and they

so i dont see how empowerment will help
infact being a housewife is the soul way they can return to men for the men do for them
Old 4th January 2008, 23:36   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Great !!! first it takes 36 hours for the cops to wake up (if not for the media they would never have). Then the judicial system just doles out bails. If the punishment was strict, i am sure it can reduce if not eliminate incidents like this.

I wonder what the commisioner would have said if his family was a victim considering his statement that the media were making an issue out of nothing.
Nah..then the commissioner would use what ever political influence he has,and take those guys to task.Its the public that's involved,so he wouldn't bother doing what's right.The Commissioner ought to be thrown into a crowd of women..and then we'd see how the guy walks out with a straight face.

I'm surprised that none of the Women's rights people have stepped in to help.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
vivekiny2k, you dont make sense
some of your sentences need to be completed below to make sense.

Quote:
so even though they have total freedom they are still a mans liability
Huh?

Quote:
so i dont see how empowerment will help
of course you don't
Quote:
infact being a housewife is the soul way they can return to men for the men do for them
because of this.

i guess you fall in the 90% I was talking about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks