Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 12:29   #4456
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Bergamont is a sub brand of Scott.
Old 19th December 2019, 15:48   #4457
BANNED

Got this SS/Fixie for ride in my hometown.
The Bicycles thread-1576750677121.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2019 at 18:54. Reason: Picture aligned.
Old 24th December 2019, 18:03   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
(BOTS New Year Sale should be coming, so expect discounts)
Thanks but I already bought the cycle. I just wanted to check it and hence visited. The guy turned out to be a very decent person and also a cycle enthusiast. He shared the purchase bill and also servicing history that he has done so far. The cycle itself was in excellent condition and I saw no reason to say no. The price that we mutually agreed upon was icing on the cake
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:36   #4459

Quote:
Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
Hi All,

Can someone please advice on suitable pollution masks that can be used during cycling. Due to metro construction in Bangalore the air quality is turning bad with particulate matter. Also since traffic is getting choked the exhaust from vehicles also make matter worse. I tried Decathlon mask but the fit is not right for me. I quickly turn breathless using it.

Regards,
babayaga
Good question, and extremely relevant !
I use a Respro mask. Ordered it online from respro.com (in the UK). The mask is great. But expensive (I think I paid 5k). Recurring expense would be the filters which are expensive. But this stuff is really stylish !

I recently spotted riding masks in Decathlon, at a fraction of that price. This Sunday , I will check if the Decathlon filters will fit in the Respro masks.

An important technical point : The key to a good pollution mask is the sealing between the mask and your face. The filter itself is actually not very different from one brand to another. Respro does this very well, with an accessory which they call as "Pro-seal". This fits all their masks.

If you have a beard (meaning poor sealing between the mask and your face, good luck !
svpdgod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 20:17   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
140.9 KM done having riding time 5 hours and 20 minutes. Started from Bangalore at 5:45 AM and reached Mysore in the afternoon, had lunch at Mysore. Took some good amount of breaks for breakfast and hydration during the ride.
That is beautiful looking girl. 140kms in 5:20 is excellent time. Does that bell work well? I have not found a single bell that works well on road bikes. Dont see a Head unit, are you using a watch?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th February 2020 at 09:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:06   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
That is beautiful looking girl. 140kms in 5:20 is excellent time. Does that bell work well? I have not found a single bell that works well on road bikes. Dont see a Head unit, are you using a watch?
Thanks. Bell works fine but your question made me realize that I didn't have to use it while riding till now 😅.

I am using a Garmin vivoactive 3 music watch to track, hence not having a speedo.

Regards
narayanang76
Old 10th February 2020, 23:29   #4462
BANNED

I have a Dahon SUV D6 a couple of years now. I have been using it for my daily commute to my place of work daily for the past few months now. I had to cover the whole 8 kilometers in a State Highway as a part of the commute.This was extremely challenging after sundown on the return journey. I bought the Hercules Bicycle lights for my cycle and was happy with it. But the frequency of replacement of the 10 AAA batteries required started to make me feel uneasy. They were having a tapered performance where they were starting to fade real quick and I was forced to be put up with the faded performance until replacement.

I wanted to upgrade that. I changed a relatively fresh 5AH battery in my R15 by mistake after a rat bite on my R15. I already had a Bosch C3 battery charger, which I bought to use on the car battery, should the need arise. I decide to source the following for a jugad option.

I bought the following.

1) 1 pair of AllEtreme EX40WF2 (Gold Runway replica)

The Bicycles thread-71ogti00yl._sl1500_.jpg

2) Fog lamp clamp

The Bicycles thread-universalfoglighthorizontalbarclampmountingbracketkit1originalimafb5d6kttwavsz.jpeg

3) Minda switch

The Bicycles thread-22.jpg

4) 5mm Allen Key

5) a few meters of 1 sqmm wire

I mounted the lights on the cycle and wired the battery placed in my backpack. I charge it using the C3 charger once in while. I don't use it continuously and I avoid using it on oncoming traffic.

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.38.23-pm-1.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-11.18.33-pm.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.38.22-pm-1.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.38.22-pm-2.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.38.22-pm-3.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.38.21-pm.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.41.20-pm.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-whatsapp-image-20200210-10.41.20-pm-3.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 11th February 2020 at 09:33. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 12th February 2020, 01:31   #4463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I have a Dahon SUV D6 a couple of years now. I have been using it for my daily commute to my place of work daily for the past few months now. I had to cover the whole 8 kilometers in a State Highway as a part of the commute.This was extremely challenging after sundown on the return journey.
Why don't you buy USB powered lights and use them with power-bank.

advantages
  • lightweight
  • adjustable brightness (highest intensity will be equal to one light of your setup)
  • easy to recharge
  • multipurpose
my setup.
  • WOSAWE 2 led XML T6 Bike Light (USB type bought from aliexpress)
https://www.wosawe.com/collections/b...3-0-5-0v-power
  • MI 20000mah power bank
https://store.mi.com/in/item/3193100008

The Bicycles thread-20200212_012007-large.jpg

The Bicycles thread-20200212_012022-large.jpg
rgds,
Nikhil
Old 12th February 2020, 17:35   #4464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Why don't you buy USB powered lights and use them with power-bank.
That is a neat setup. I had the battery and the charger with me before thinking about this setup,which didn't have the hassle of customs too. If your lamps are brighter, cheaper and available then they are definitely the better choice.

Do share some night shots. How long can we run these lights on a single charge?

Last edited by COMMUTER : 12th February 2020 at 17:48.
Old 14th February 2020, 11:10   #4465
BHPian

Help:

Need to choose an indoor trainer as I don't get to ride my bike a lot these days. Max Budget is 15-20K. Can I get a decent one with Zwift integration? Suggestions please.
Old 14th February 2020, 19:58   #4466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Help:

Need to choose an indoor trainer as I don't get to ride my bike a lot these days. Max Budget is 15-20K. Can I get a decent one with Zwift integration? Suggestions please.
At this budget, you can get a basic fluid trainer. You can try the Btwin InRide 500. This is a fluid trainer and the resistance increases with wheel speed. I think Zwift has InRide 500 profile in the database. Zwift will calculate power output based on wheel speed and will automatically adjust the speed on screen based on gradient and power output from the trainer. You will need a ANT+ speed sensor and ANT+ to USB dongle to interface to Zwift.

With this setup, you will not have the interactive experience where the trainer adjusts power according to the gradient of the course you ride in Zwift.

If you need a more immersive experience, then you will need a smart trainer. In a smart trainer, Zwift will control the resistance of the trainer and you will feel like almost riding on road. Good wheel on smart trainers would cost 40K to 50K.
Old 15th February 2020, 18:24   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Did Bangalore to Mysore Cycling last Saturday 23 November 2019.

140.9 KM done having riding time 5 hours and 20 minutes. Started from Bangalore at 5:45 AM and reached Mysore in the afternoon, had lunch at Mysore. Took some good amount of breaks for breakfast and hydration during the ride.

Regards,
narayanang76

Attachment 1938705
Attachment 1938706
\

Impressive! Which cycle model is this?
Old 15th February 2020, 20:26   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Help:

Am in the same boat. Trying to convert dumb to smart. So bought Inbike 500...
Now looking at free options. Being trying rouvy, rgt as options. Rouvy seems interesting. Have a look and Lemme know your opinion.
Old 15th February 2020, 20:42   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
At this budget, you can get a basic fluid trainer. You can try the Btwin InRide 500. This is a fluid trainer and the resistance increases with wheel speed. I think Zwift has InRide 500 profile in the database. Zwift will calculate power output based on wheel speed and will automatically adjust the speed on screen based on gradient and power output from the trainer. You will need a ANT+ speed sensor and ANT+ to USB dongle to interface to Zwift.

With this setup, you will not have the interactive experience where the trainer adjusts power according to the gradient of the course you ride in Zwift.

If you need a more immersive experience, then you will need a smart trainer. In a smart trainer, Zwift will control the resistance of the trainer and you will feel like almost riding on road. Good wheel on smart trainers would cost 40K to 50K.

Thanks for your valuable inputs Raaja sir. I saw from your previous posts in this thread that you were using a BTWIN basic trainer to begin with. What made you upgrade? My only concern is that if I get the basic Btwin inride trainer initially and I might get an itch to upgrade to a smart trainer later which would then cost a bomb. My plan is to ride a couple of days indoors every week and probably take the bike out on Sundays for LSDs.

Question 1: How do I integrate a HRM to the setup? Is it easy enough? I don't have any sort of Head unit on my bike.

Question 2: What is the cheapest Smart trainer that we can get in India today and where?

Sorry for throwing a whole bunch of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Am in the same boat. Trying to convert dumb to smart. So bought Inbike 500...
Now looking at free options. Being trying rouvy, rgt as options. Rouvy seems interesting. Have a look and Lemme know your opinion.

Are you saying that InBike 500 is a smart trainer? How much did it cost? What are it's features? YNWA!
Old 16th February 2020, 09:58   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Are you saying that InBike 500 is a smart trainer? How much did it cost? What are it's features? YNWA!
In a way yes - If you buy the accompanying Sensors you will get 1 year sub. to Kinomaps which is a virtual training world.

However, I am trying to find some free training apps as I already have the HRM, Cadence and Speed sensor. My search so far has led me to a number of apps. Of these Rouvy seems the most free as it offers everything but only for an hour. That means you'll need to reset after an hour of training but I can't seem to be able to connect my sensors.
The others like RGT, Kinomap, Sufferfest etc. offer a few routes as free rides.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed