Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2020, 21:05   #4501
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Hello riders, Please check this out.
Old ride but got the time for editing the videos during lockdown period only so uploaded it just couple of days back. Ride details available in the video description. Please leave the comments, suggestion and feedback on the video page for further improvements on video editing:-

tbppjpr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 13:11   #4502
BHPian

Happy to see The Bicycles thread in TBHP.

I am Joseph from Kochi, Kerala. I've bought a Merida Crossway 15-V as my first bike and today it has clocked 1k kilometres. Bought it with the intention of workout and currently love riding and exploring new places. Luckily I've got a couple of friends from my town and we do ride together. Usually, we ride for 2 hours in a day and cover around 40 km.

Strava is used as a daily tracker.

Regards,
Joe

The Bicycles thread-20200427_074843_hdr1.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th April 2020 at 09:48. Reason: Picture inserted in-line, minor grammar edits.
joe_lightspeed is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 15:04   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
I am new to the cycling world and have decided to buy one bicycle after the lockdown. From past few weeks I have been researching online about Geared v/s Gearless with retro-fitted gears v/s Gearless. I will be cycling 3 days atmost every week for not more than 10 kms and mainly withing the city limits with an once in a while trip to some hilly areas nearby Pune (Just moved 2 months back, what a timing right? )

My main aim is to get back in shape while traveling to new locations in and around city. It would be very helpful if you all can shed some light on which bicycle I should be going forward to with the given aim? I am on a tight budget say 5-6 k .
Thank you all!
Go for Btwin mybike, if comfortable with gearless cycle.
Or you can increase the budget a bit then go with their Riverside 120, entry level geared hybrid which is good vfm.
Cool_leo_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 09:56   #4504
Senior - BHPian

In a 'fixie' I have personally experienced that Firefox is great, since pedaling effort is minimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_leo_guy View Post
Go for Btwin mybike, if comfortable with gearless cycle.Or you can increase the budget a bit then go with their Riverside 120, entry level geared hybrid which is good vfm.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 16:44   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In a 'fixie' I have personally experienced that Firefox is great, since pedaling effort is minimal
Should have said single speed and multispeed instead of gearless and geared, My bad.
Also a fixie is an acquired taste, not everybody's cup of tea.
Old 10th May 2020, 17:01   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
I am new to the cycling world and have decided to buy one bicycle after the lockdown. From past few weeks I have been researching online about Geared v/s Gearless with retro-fitted gears v/s Gearless.

I am on a tight budget say 5-6 k .
Thank you all!
Btwin Riverside and Mybike are two different types. Riverside is a hybrid, so it is a tall and relaxed position than mybike. I use my riverside far more than I used to ride mybike. I have posted both cycle's photos in this thread, they riding position is very different and vastly comfortable on riverside.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4380371

Increase your budget and get the riverside 120. Excellent beginner's bike. You have two options: buy a small bike at 6k which won't be used much, or buy a 13k bike which will be used more because of its comfort.

Gears are better to have even in city, especially so in your hilly area.

Last edited by ani_meher : 10th May 2020 at 17:03.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 21:40   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

Need some guidance on my 7 year old sons Montra. This is the Montra DTR 24 which we bought just 10 months ago, and although he is loving the cycle, he has this habit of performing skids which has led to the rear tyres losing grip in just under 10 months. The centre part of the tyre has almost no tread now and is flat. I think a tyre change is almost necessary in a few days. So, I was thinking, can I switch to larger rims? Would that be feasible? The reason Im asking this is because my son has also grown remarkably tall in the last 7-8 months and the bike feels a bit short for him.

We bought this at nearly 15k last year and I think the high cost means that it should be used at least for 3 years, so if I can switch the rims, then probably he can use it for another 1-2 years.
Old 14th May 2020, 07:48   #4508
Senior - BHPian

As parents we have all faced this. Just buy a longer seat post (you get it any length). Replace the tyre if you want but it will still wear out fast, given they are very active on the bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
We bought this at nearly 15k last year and I think the high cost means that it should be used at least for 3 years, so if I can switch the rims, then probably he can use it for another 1-2 years.
Old 14th May 2020, 08:47   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As parents we have all faced this. Just buy a longer seat post (you get it any length). Replace the tyre if you want but it will still wear out fast, given they are very active on the bike
I think the seat post can be procured, but the handlebar height cannot be increased, thats why I was hoping if an increased rim size may help.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2020 at 22:31. Reason: Spacing.
Old 14th May 2020, 10:16   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any suggestions for a manual-cum-electric bicycle.

Within the price range of 20K with decent range (asking for too much?)

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2020 at 22:31. Reason: Typos.
Old 14th May 2020, 16:46   #4511
Senior - BHPian

In Dubai I got something called as Bike Stem Riser. The local shop installed it. Please google it. This increased the bike height. My kid first owned a Jeep bike and a Scott later, so I maxxed them out before disposing.
Quote:
I think the seat post can be procured, but the handlebar height cannot be increased, thats why I was hoping if an increased rim size may help.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 08:09   #4512
Senior - BHPian

The Bicycles thread

Quote:
In Dubai I got something called as Bike Stem Riser. The local shop installed it. Please google it. This increased the bike height. My kid first owned a Jeep bike and a Scott later, so I maxxed them out before disposing.

Thanks, I see a universal bike stem riser in Amazon, but im not sure if this fits the Montra 24. I have also asked the track and trail bicycle showroom if they can procure the right size for me. I think this would be a great support, ensuring that the cycle gets used for the next 2 years. Hope to find the right one.
Old 18th May 2020, 11:48   #4513
BHPian

Guys, need suggestions for a bicycle.
Budget = 6-7k, which can be extended to 10k.
Primary use = grocery shopping within 2km radius and weekend cycle ride of 5km.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2020 at 22:32. Reason: Spacing, typos fixed.
Old 18th May 2020, 14:31   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Guys, need suggestions for a bicycle
Even I am in the same boat as you with similar budget for short distance leisure rides.

I have the BTwin Riverside 100 & 120 in mind, within that budget.

https://www.decathlon.in/p/8387218/c...0-hybrid-cycle

https://www.decathlon.in/p/8389393/g...0-hybrid-cycle

Experts, please advise us novice.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2020 at 22:32. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos fixed.
Old 18th May 2020, 18:02   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
For Rockrider 340 they have something like this in decathlon, i am thinking to get it installed, since i had got the S sized cycle for my wife and she don't use it anymore.

https://www.decathlon.in/p/8340136/b...et-stem-raiser

Most Viewed