Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 11:28   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Now with this news, I am Impacted a lot, here is how
Try to get out if you can manage direct flight, especially if you are with family. My assignment here ends by end of May but planned to cut short and almost booked tickets yesterday for Monday flight. I am with family (6 year old son) and my employer raised a concern as we would be taking 4 connecting flights by the time I reach my hometown. Due to increasing restrictions, health concern (I have cold) and duscussion with the employer we decided to stay here till we have some clarity.

It was a roller coster ride for us last couple of days (worrying about managing various things before we leave) but for some reason we are calm today. We decided to wait and watch the situation.

Don't panic. We really don't know how things are going to unfold in next few weeks.

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th March 2020 at 11:46.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:29   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks for this very sane & balanced post.

I am relying only on the WHO website for any information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

Thank you sir for yet another valuable post. I look forward daily to read your responses in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Thank you Doctor. We need more informed people like you posting, please keep calling out any pseudo science / incorrect information you see.
Thank you all I am doing my best. I am a physician but the real experts on the top of this pyramid are Microbiologists and Epidemiologists. The Dynamics of virus is something only a microbiologist can tell accurately.

Yes, WHO and CDC are the reliable sites. You can follow MOHFW, India website too. Additionally, in Mumbai, MCGM and all the big 3 BMC run hospitals are circulating reliable information and reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can you believe this dude?
I can attest this news to be true. Yesterday we confirmed this with our friends at Hinduja, Mumbai. If not 80, atleast about 20+ people including doctors and nurses came into contact with this patient.

Apart from Govt. Kasturba hospital at Parel, my former workplace Fortis hospital, Mulund west, Mumbai is the first private corporate hospital to be earmarked by MCGM, Mumbai to operate a 15 bed isolation ward for COVID-19. My senior Doctor is heading this, will update more.
vivek95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 11:41   #558
BHPian

Why are people being dumb :

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/agra...w/74618637.cms
Old 14th March 2020, 11:50   #559
Senior - BHPian

A different approach by UK. They want to push the peak to after the regular flu season when more facilities will be available to treat. They want the country to develop herd immunity. PM even said that some people should be ready to lose their loved ones before time :(

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/13/u...gbr/index.html

Last edited by srishiva : 14th March 2020 at 12:02.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:57   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
"One things that history teaches us is that we should never underestimate human stupidity," Yuval Harari

Different topic but kind of apt here in these circumstances.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/13/neve...nd-author.html
Old 14th March 2020, 12:13   #561
Senior - BHPian

Not revealing travel history or evading quarantine must be made a punishable crime. The government must also seriously look at banning all international filghts for the next 3 weeks, except for evacuees of Indian nationality who are certified Covid negative.
Old 14th March 2020, 12:14   #562
BHPian

I have a sore throat since a couple of days and irritation/itching in nose. Very mild fever, I feel. I am 33, can stop my breathe for 50 - 60 secs at a time. I have been reading stuff on internet to understand the symptoms however it has not helped. Should I get this checked? I have been working from home since a couple of days as a precautionary measure.
Old 14th March 2020, 12:21   #563

Not sure if anyone's posted this before, this is the link to the John Hopkins university statistics that even the BBC uses in the news.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
Old 14th March 2020, 12:23   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Try to get out if you can manage direct flight.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Don't wait until the last moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
My suggestion is you leave back to India at the earliest[/url]
Checked with Air India, the news is partially a rumour. Frankfurt Mumbai will remain in operation. I have booked a direct flight for March 27. One rescheduling will be free. I will be traveling with family with 2 kids.

Right now I have a little cold. We will wait till everybody is fine then fly immediately.

Also in worst case, I can continue my employment here and also managed a place for stay.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 14th March 2020, 12:30   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I have a sore throat since a couple of days and irritation/itching in nose. Very mild fever, I feel. I am 33, can stop my breathe for 50 - 60 secs at a time. I have been reading stuff on internet to understand the symptoms however it has not helped. Should I get this checked? I have been working from home since a couple of days as a precautionary measure.
I see your location as Pune. Had you been out of home to public places in the last 10 days in Pune ?? Also, since how many days exactly you have this sore throat and you been working from home ??
Old 14th March 2020, 12:33   #566
BHPian

Something on a related lighter note
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-90113013_4093317937360621_6981616931904159744_o.jpg  

Old 14th March 2020, 12:34   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I see your location as Pune. Had you been out of home to public places in the last 10 days in Pune ?? Also, since how many days exactly you have this sore throat and you been working from home ??

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I am from Pune and have been to office, gym in these 10 days. Office is a service based IT firm with a big crowd. Have this sore throat since 3-4 days. Comes and goes. No or very mild fever, been working from home since Wednesday.
Old 14th March 2020, 13:02   #568
BHPian

Nice gesture from Infosys foundation and Dr. Devi Shetty:
https://twitter.com/BalakrishnanR/st...183628288?s=20
Old 14th March 2020, 13:03   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Thanks for getting back. Yes, I am from Pune and have been to office, gym in these 10 days. Office is a service based IT firm with a big crowd. Have this sore throat since 3-4 days. Comes and goes. No or very mild fever, been working from home since Wednesday.
Okay, understandbly you have not travelled outside Pune. I also presume you have not come into contact with any person ( national/international ) who had recently travelled to Pune ( your IT company ) from any of the 14 countries India has on its list. Am I right ?? If yes, by definition, you still don't count as "suspect", as also the outbreak is not really that wide in Pune ( 10 currently positive ). Doesn't look like you directly need a testing for COVID-19. But do visit a physician.

Looks more like a simple URTI ( upper respiratory tract infection ) but I refrain from advising you anything further only for the sole reason that proper history taking and clinical assessment is only possible face to face. You take your call and consult a physician immediately at anytime but do visit a big hospital as in Ruby Hall clinic, Aditya Birla, Apollo Jehangir, BJ medical Sasoon, Noble hospital and the likes in Pune. You will be properly guided by the physicians there what to be done next.

Regards
Dr. Vivek

EDIT - Please venture out with a mask in place.

Last edited by vivek95 : 14th March 2020 at 13:09.
Old 14th March 2020, 13:31   #570
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

In some apartments in Delhi NCR, authorities are "disinfecting" the whole society premises by spraying "Sodium Hypochlorite".

Is there any benefit of doing so ? Does spraying this solution clean the surfaces of virus stains ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks