Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:03   #5731
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Everything we are seeing is a continual process and will obviously have changes made in that process over time as we understand the way the pandemic evolves.

The mutations keeps throwing a spanner into the works now and then. The knowledge of the present can only be applied for the present and future and sadly not for the past...

We are all just small cogs in the wheel and what else can we do but roll with the wheel and hope we are making the informed decisions with what legible information is available to us.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:55   #5732
Senior - BHPian

Is there no development on the medicines front?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:28   #5733
BHPian

The Coronavirus Thread-vaxx.png

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/
https://ghionjournal.com/fauci-nih-k...t-enhancement/

What's ADE ? 'The Science' explains :-)

https://twitter.com/arlana90/status/1422366847698145284

Last edited by PhantomLord : 3rd August 2021 at 22:39.
Old 4th August 2021, 08:16   #5734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I think the vaccines are not working.
In today's news:

Quote:
Sources in the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) said that about 2,700 people were hospitalised between July 2 and 27. Of these, 1,600 had received at least one dose of a vaccine, comprising 1,200 Covishield and 400 Covaxin receivers.
Where are these guys who told getting vaccination reduces hospitalization?

Quote:
If you take the data about the 45+ age group who are generally susceptible (to Covid-19), 82% have been vaccinated. So, I am not surprised that a lot of the hospitalised people have been vaccinated
So what is the message here?

Link
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 09:38   #5735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
In today's news:

So what is the message here?
I believe the message is that "those who are vaccinated, don't be overconfident and careless. Continue the same the precaution protocols (social distancing, mask, sanitization) just like you did before the vaccination. There is no guarantee that the vaccine will protect you"
for_cars1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 12:04   #5736
BHPian

I have always read/understood that the vaccine will not prevent contracting Covid. It just reduces the chances and severity of getting infected. Since all this is happening in real time ( there is no way to do controlled experiments ), I am not sure if there is a foolproof way to tell that the person did not get the virus because he was vaccinated or vice-versa.

Treat it as a Airbag or ABS in your car. Having that doesnt mean you car is accident proof. They minimizes the chances of accident and increases chances of survival. What we are doing is driving recklessly, meet with accident and then blame that airbags and ABS dont do the job. Even worse, claim that the lemon and chillies tied to the car are as effective as
safety features in the car.
m8002? is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 13:25   #5737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I believe the message is that "those who are vaccinated, don't be overconfident and careless. Continue the same the precaution protocols (social distancing, mask, sanitization) just like you did before the vaccination. There is no guarantee that the vaccine will protect you"
Everyone in my friends family got both doses yet his dad, wife and kids got covid again, however it seems to be milder compared to previous occasion in april'21.
rm_arjuna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 14:10   #5738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Treat it as a Airbag or ABS in your car. Having that doesnt mean you car is accident proof. They minimizes the chances of accident and increases chances of survival. What we are doing is driving recklessly, meet with accident and then blame that airbags and ABS dont do the job. Even worse, claim that the lemon and chillies tied to the car are as effective as safety features in the car.
Spot on!
You can have 'n' number of airbags or the bestest safety features in your car, but how you drive on the road matters the most and the factors beyond your control cannot be discounted. It is a well known fact that none of the vaccines have 100 percent efficacy, but they certainly limit the severity of disease as per medical experts/scientists. Even after getting two vaccine jabs, maintaining safety protocols is not something that can be skipped given the large number of prevalent active covid cases. It has been discussed earlier, reiterating again, vaccinated people CAN get infected and in the process CAN infect others. There have been RARE cases of fatalities as well. But then, such cases are miniscule in comparison. And let's not forget that majority of small KIDS are still unvaccinated.
Emvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 15:28   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
There have been RARE cases of fatalities as well. But then, such cases are miniscule in comparison..
And do you have some data in hand for that? All the numbers I see quoted above tells the opposite - that the number of vaccinated people getting hospitalized or dying is not very different from the vaccinated ones.
Old 4th August 2021, 16:04   #5740
BHPian

Quote:
And do you have some data in hand for that? All the numbers I see quoted above tells the opposite - that the number of vaccinated people getting hospitalized or dying is not very different from the vaccinated ones.
I have not kept any data in hand as I am no expert in the field. Data is there on the internet for everyone to see. I had quoted based on the information available like most of us normally do. Opinions might differ but I believe the official numbers should remain the same regardless of the source on the internet.
Old 4th August 2021, 16:14   #5741
Senior - BHPian

What are some of the people saying here? That vaccine or no vaccine Covid will get you, so why bother to vaccinate?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 16:42   #5742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What are some of the people saying here? That vaccine or no vaccine Covid will get you, so why bother to vaccinate?
Not at all. Like I mentioned, vaccination will not guarantee you will not get infected. By how much, we can never tell unless we do a controlled experiment. So, the recommendation is that we continue with the social distancing even if you are vaccinated.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 18:40   #5743
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if I sounded like that. Even If I did, I did not mean it that way. IMO, covid vaccines are the most effective tools against the dreaded disease and I am all for it. I always urge people to get vaccinated.
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 20:01   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Opinions might differ but I believe the official numbers should remain the same regardless of the source on the internet.
With so much of "information" out there it is hard to determine which is a fact and which is an opinion. And am starting to feel that "vaccines will prevent serious illness or death" may have been somebody's opinion than proven fact. Unless there are numbers to prove otherwise.
Quote:
We are at a juncture when we are ready to try anything to keep ourselves from getting the disease. So, take the vaccine and hope that it works. It is better than not taking the vaccine and hoping that doing nothing would work.

Although I have got both my shots, am not trusting it to protect me.

Last edited by dragonfire : 4th August 2021 at 20:02.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 21:54   #5745
BHPian

Quote:
With so much of "information" out there it is hard to determine which is a fact and which is an opinion. And am starting to feel that "vaccines will prevent serious illness or death" may have been somebody's opinion than proven fact.

Although I have got both my shots, am not trusting it to protect me.
Its commendable that you have taken vaccination inspite of having no 'trust' in it. Only time will tell if facts(perceived) are just opinions or if they indeed are facts. Till then without digressing further, the best we all can do is take care and stay safe.
Cheers!
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks