Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2020, 20:56   #211
BHPian

Re: Working from home? Show us your home office

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
That's a beautiful office space and a very nice computer setup, but I have one doubt. Are your elbows at right angles while using the keyboard and mouse when you are sitting and working?
Thank you Sam!
Yes they are at right angle and supported by chair arm rest. Good video, should have covered a few more things though.
Old 4th April 2020, 00:59   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
I was going to get a new table setup but sort of sudden shift due to corona forced me to set something up real quick.
I managed to get my new setup done over last couple of days. Some cable management needs to still happen though.
Now given that The Netherlands Govt has extended the corona virus measures, 'work from home' is likely to go on for a good amount of time to come.

Working from home? Show us your home office-new-desk-setup.jpg

Last edited by dileepcm : 4th April 2020 at 01:01. Reason: spelling correction
dileepcm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 13:10   #213
Senior - BHPian

Well, now that Singapore government has announced a month long circuit breaker, I went to the office and got home my docking station, monitor and the Team-bhp mug

It would have been difficult to manage for a month without the additional monitor.

The desk is a bit small but I will manage.

Working from home? Show us your home office-psx_20200406_153522.jpg

Last edited by vibbs : 6th April 2020 at 13:15.
vibbs is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 07:59   #214
BHPian

Trust everyone is doing well. Being in sales, I have not had a fixed desk since 2006. I have worked from planes, trains, cars, cafes, gyms, etc and of course a lot from Home.

I work from the living room, when I need to use my tv as a projector. Good music is an added perk.

Stay Safe, Stay Home.

Working from home? Show us your home office-28174a6101054b508393d6948862a9b7.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2020 at 19:20. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
ajitmoses is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 22:15   #215
Senior - BHPian

Just an update for all the work from home folks using ACT.

Working from home? Show us your home office-unnamed.jpg
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 08:49   #216
BHPian

I have been working from home for the last 1 year. This is my desk setup. I have my 14 inch laptop which I mostly use and I change locations throughout the day. Sometimes I sit on the couch and sometimes on the bed and sometimes on the table. I usually don't need a second monitor but for those rare cases, I use my tab as my second screen with VNC connection (I am a linux boy).

I have a curious question. How is your work from home setup holding up? I always struggled with sitting in one location for long. I have a bedroom all to myself and so I was free to work without hiccups.

Do you guys find it a struggle to work from home? Or do you feel that work from home is the future? How about family interrupting when you are sharing space with your spouse and kids? And do you often switch away from the desk to work on couch or some other place?

Working from home? Show us your home office-p4240014.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st May 2020 at 09:23. Reason: Removed blog link. Thanks.
aveemashfaq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 11:53   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
I have my 14 inch laptop ... I usually don't need a second monitor
Get a larger second monitor even if you don't "need" 2 monitors. That will also serve as incentive to stay at your desk, along with being easier on your eyes, and facilitating better ergonomics.

Quote:
I always struggled with sitting in one location for long.
Do what you can to improve your comfort & ergonomics at your desk. This can greatly help in making sitting at a desk more comfortable for extended periods -- which also enables you to be "in the zone" and get a lot of work done.

Quote:
How about family interrupting when you are sharing space with your spouse and kids?
Tough one, but :
1) Put some actual ground rules in place (eg. DND hours, etc). Don't expect them to just understand.
2) Wear headphones.

Quote:
And do you often switch away from the desk to work on couch or some other place?
I think couch sitting is horrible for your back, etc. So do it maybe for 30 mins a day max.

But it is important to take breaks & walk around.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 12:13   #218
BHPian

I have been working from house for the last couple of years and find it pretty convenient as I try to maintain the same office hours and my folks at home do not disturb me either during these times.
I do have small breaks in between so that I am walking most of the times and do that during the calls if I am not required to be present in front of the system. I work in healthcare domain and most of my work would be in coordinating the supplies and sometimes talking to the customers who are healthcare professionals.
Since my work periods are very prolonged, I try to keep myself moving most of the time and prefer to have lots of greenery around. Hence got myself this space which is in the second floor with natural sky lighting .

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_20200502_114625.jpg
mjkaushal is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:56   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I have been working from house for the last couple of years and find it pretty convenient as I try to maintain the same office hours and my folks at home do not disturb me either during these times.
I do have small breaks in between so that I am walking most of the times and do that during the calls if I am not required to be present in front of the system. I work in healthcare domain and most of my work would be in coordinating the supplies and sometimes talking to the customers who are healthcare professionals.
Since my work periods are very prolonged, I try to keep myself moving most of the time and prefer to have lots of greenery around. Hence got myself this space which is in the second floor with natural sky lighting.

Wow mjkaushal, that is perhaps the most inviting of the work-spaces I have seen on the thread till now, with all the natural lighting and the greenery it looks great, but with so much of open space and no windows/glass sills, are you able to take calls comfortably, doesn't the external noise hampers communication.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd May 2020 at 20:01. Reason: Fixing quote.
Akhileshmdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 08:10   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhileshmdp View Post
Wow mjkaushal, that is perhaps the most inviting of the work-spaces I have seen on the thread till now, with all the natural lighting and the greenery it looks great, but with so much of open space and no windows/glass sills, are you able to take calls comfortably, doesn't the external noise hampers communication.
Thanks for your compliment.
The entire space shown is fully covered by glass and there's absolutely no noise what so ever. On some bright sunny days, it gets too hot because of all the sunlight falling in , but for a couple of hours. Being Bangalore, the fans would suffice for the job
mjkaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 10:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Get a larger second monitor even if you don't "need" 2 monitors. That will also serve as incentive to stay at your desk, along with being easier on your eyes, and facilitating better ergonomics.
I know. I need a dual screen setup. Wanted to build a PC with two monitors but kept on procrastinating. At least, should have bought a monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do what you can to improve your comfort & ergonomics at your desk. This can greatly help in making sitting at a desk more comfortable for extended periods -- which also enables you to be "in the zone" and get a lot of work done.

I think couch sitting is horrible for your back, etc. So do it maybe for 30 mins a day max.

But it is important to take breaks & walk around.
I have been working for ovver a year now from home. I have a nice office chair and I generally sit for 4 hours at a stretch but it is irritating my thighs if I sit for any longer.

I tried sitting on the floor with a laptop table and that was much better for me. And personally, I love to shuffle between sitting on the floor and sitting in a lazyboy. I only go to desk when there is a meeting or when I need a tool like my graphics tablet or something.

I usually sit 8 hours a day on my laptop and because I started a new blog (just add a .com to my handle to see it) I am sitting 12-14 hours a day on computer (still bachelor and alone in home) and that is when sitting on table just becomes unbearable for me.

I was curious to know how you guys felt.
aveemashfaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 18:17   #222
Senior - BHPian

Old Setup
Working from home? Show us your home office-img_4159.jpg
Since I will be spending a considerable amount of time from the home office, went for a proper setup.

DELL 27 inch monitor
Logitech G512 SE mechanical keyboard
Logitech MX Master 2S mouse

IKEA table, laptop stand.

For audio, I connected Denon Cocoon speaker with Creative THX subwoofer.

Working from home? Show us your home office-img_2613.jpg
ecenandu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 11:34   #223
Senior - BHPian

I had the same IKEA desk in lime green and white, the best there is. Now I'm using a west elm one but there is a lot of clutter. Your home office looks so neat
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Old 19th May 2020, 17:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Attachment 1989427
I see an Ikea Micke desk in white. I have the same in brown. Agree the tabletop space is low, but it makes for a great space saver where I placed it (In an alcove in the living room). I also see that you placed the storage unit to the right, much like mine.
Old 19th May 2020, 18:51   #225

Quite fortunate to have the option to work from inside or outside home

Working from home? Show us your home office-image_inside-1.jpeg
Working from home? Show us your home office-image0-1.jpeg

Last edited by thesquaremile : 19th May 2020 at 19:04.
thesquaremile is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks