Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Have you / are you going to install the Aarogya Setu app?
Yes, I already have or I will shortly 293 49.00%
No, I do not plan to 305 51.00%
Voters: 598. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 21:25   #256
BHPian

Re: The Aarogya Setu App : Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
It seems the app is in the news again.
Thanks for the post. I'm not surprised this has happened. And now with Aadhaar & CoWin combined, expect more surveillance, data selling, breaches, spamming etc - all in the "higher interests" of your health. Never heard anything more bull than this.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd December 2021 at 00:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Zen2001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 21:53   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
It seems the app is in the news again.
Not surprised at all. There was discussion some months ago that this app will be used to track the "undesirables" - journalists, protestors, those with contrarian views, opposition politicians, bureaucrats who don't bend etc. And indeed that is what this RTI proves. The app is being used to make the deep state deeper.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd December 2021 at 00:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 18:44   #258
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Court Gives Umar Khalid Bail in Khajuri Khas Riots Case, Asks to Install Aarogya Setu

--> https://thewire.in/law/umar-khalid-d...s-aarogya-setu

Like I said from page one of this thread about not trusting the app or the government.

Aarogya Setu was, is and will remain a citizens surveillance app.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 19:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Like I said from page one of this thread about not trusting the app or the government.

Aarogya Setu was, is and will remain a citizens surveillance app.
You are few days behind sir .

Didn't even bother to post it here since people who are always aware and/or bothered by the constant battle of citizens having to protect themselves their data from the Government never did trust this app.

Those who support the Government (and the Government itself) will anyways come up with a reason to justify this, something along the lines of 'The state didn't want to deny him justice (if he passed away from COVID) so they just wanted to track him to make sure that he gets his comeuppance'.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 13:10   #260
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone who has been vaccinated outside of India (Pfizer/J&J/Moderna) aware of how to update the vaccination status in arogya setu app? Do the authorities (or any other place where vaccination status is to be shown) accept the status from government apps other countries?

I am planning to take my kids to few malls over the next weekend and the requirement is to show the vaccination status during entry. I am vaccinated in UK while my wife and mom are vaccinated here. So not sure if I will be allowed inside and I may have to drop them and park outside and wait.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:54   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Does anyone who has been vaccinated outside of India (Pfizer/J&J/Moderna) aware of how to update the vaccination status in arogya setu app? Do the authorities (or any other place where vaccination status is to be shown) accept the status from government apps other countries?
You don't have to update the status on the app. Just show the certificate on your mobile (pdf or screenshot) or printouts or the vaccination card.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd December 2021 at 00:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:11   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
You don't have to update the status on the app. Just show the certificate on your mobile (pdf or screenshot) or printouts or the vaccination card.
Thanks Jaguar. It will not be an issue with the cops I presume and hoping that it will not be an issue with the mall cops too! Will carry the printout and check.
Old 22nd December 2021, 23:35   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to take my kids to few malls over the next weekend and the requirement is to show the vaccination status during entry. I am vaccinated in UK while my wife and mom are vaccinated here. So not sure if I will be allowed inside and I may have to drop them and park outside and wait.
In the same boat. I have been showing my NHS vaccine certificate wherever asked and no one has questioned anything so far.

I did read online that there will soon be an option to get an Indian vaccine certificate using a foreign one for those who live in India but have been vaccinated abroad - will be possible eventually through the CoWin portal. Will update here once I have done my wife and mine.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd December 2021 at 12:20. Reason: typo
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 00:55   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No hassle. Try getting a physical printed copy of your vaccination status.

Showed my US CDC vaccination card at Mumbai airport (after domestic BLR-BOM flight) and at the ticket counter for a Mumbai local train.

EDIT: I have the aarogya setu app installed, but not configured.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 23rd December 2021 at 00:56.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:30   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
In the same boat. I have been showing my NHS vaccine certificate wherever asked and no one has questioned anything so fa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
No hassle. Try getting a physical printed copy of your vaccination status.
Thanks both for the clarification. I have taken the printed copy of the certificate and also have it on my mobile. Hopefully it will not be a hassle at any place.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks