Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 05:55   #421
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post

I am hesitant to take my father to the vaccination center, purely out of fear that the chances of getting infected are higher at these places than others. Also does this vaccination have any side in effects on BP patients and aged people specifically?
Hi - My BIL , Sister and Mom took dose 1 on March 7th and dose 2 on 21st April. All of them are high BP and above 60. They had side effects such as a bit of fever <100F, general tiredness which lasted for a couple of days and went away with paracetamol treatment. Beyond this no issues. It is indeed scary to take an old person with comorbidity to the hospital. I would recommend check some of this options

1. Based on your profile you seem to be based out of Bangalore. If you are in an apartment complex then check with association to do a camp in the apt. Minimum 50 patients required

2. Check with local Rotary clubs who are also doing similar initiatives

3. Some religious bodies are working on such camps as well

4. Try to do it in a slightly bigger hospital with lots of waiting space. This helps reduce the risk. But risk does remain. The first option probably is best. Also, check if apartments near you are doing this. My mom got it in the neighboring community. People are definitely helpful
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 07:26   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am in a dilemma and not sure how to proceed. My father is 72 and a high BP patient. All the nearest vaccination centers are so crowded, I think it kills the whole intention of getting vaccinated. No social distancing and people randomly coughing and masks below nose is a common site.

Yes, that's a very concerning issue. I know a few people who got infected at vaccination center but it was due to some carelessness like pulling down the mask for a snap or to talk to someone. With properly worn good N95 masks and gloves and following COVID protocol, the chances of catching an infection are very less. Make him religiously follow COVID protocol at home for a few days. There are many posts in this thread that talk about how to get elderly vaccinated properly following the instructions.

Quote:
I am hesitant to take my father to the vaccination center, purely out of fear that the chances of getting infected are higher at these places than others. Also does this vaccination have any side in effects on BP patients and aged people specifically?
Please read my experience (Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences) and I hope it'll help. Every vaccine or medicine has a side effect but looking at risk benefit ratio, it's better to get the shot.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:18   #423
BHPian

One more vote for '2 doses done and no symptoms', having taken my in-laws who are around 70 for their 2nd covishield dose yesterday. I headed to a small clinic a short drive from my house because the experience at a Fortis (a big hospital) was pretty shabby during their 1st dose.
I think going to smaller places is a little safer than to the big, crowded hospitals for vaccination given the situation outside right now.
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:31   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

Have any other companies started making their own rules like this? Anyone else heard of something like this? I know some companies have started arranging vaccinations at their sites, but those have been voluntary and people have to sign up.
The company I work for (PSU) shared a excel sheet to all employees and directed to give vaccination details, like who all are vaccinated, who are not with their Aadhar details

Seems like either the company will register employees for vaccination or we will be asked to get ourselves vaccinated and submit proof.

Have heard from some sources that, in near future housing societies too will mandate vaccination to their residents.

Last edited by any23 : 23rd April 2021 at 11:01. Reason: grammatical mistake correction
any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:49   #425

Quote:
I am in a dilemma and not sure how to proceed. My father is 72 and a high BP patient. All the nearest vaccination centers are so crowded, I think it kills the whole intention of getting vaccinated. No social distancing and people randomly coughing and masks below nose is a common site.

Hello Sir, If you stay near Marathahalli, please visit Maya Multispeciality at Panathur. I was worried about the crowd for my parents but when I went, we were the only three people out there. They allow walk-ins and not crowded. Make a phone call and go.
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:44   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
My parents just got vaccinated at Nesco, Goregaon East(Mumbai). They had registered online and did a walk-in. Both got their first shot of Covishield.
My parents got their second jab on 20th April. Now, all family members above 60yrs of age are fully vaccinated.

None of the family members reported any health related issues after taking the 2nd jab. This time, they visited the Dahisar Jumbo facility with prior appointment (on cowin). Took them couple of hours which includes 30mins of observation.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:52   #427
BHPian

Got it done for self and wife. Sri Sai Ram hospitals, Hulimavu, Bangalore. Once or twice they said stock is on the way, we could get it done the next day after the appointment day for my wife. For me it was as per appointment. Aarogyaseu registration was all that was required.
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:15   #428
BANNED

One of my close relative died of Covid yesterday. He had taken first dose of the vaccine (I can't confirm whether Coaxin or Covishield) more than a month back.

He had fever etc from last 10 days and started having breathing difficulties later. He was in hospital 4 days and on Oxygen and his O2 levels were hovering around 70 when removing the Oxygen.

This was a shock to us given he had taken one dose of vaccine already. He did have high levels of sugar. Another shocking thing was that Hospital was happy declaring him as non-covid as reason. So this wouldn't be counting in the daily numbers that are getting reported.

Last edited by ottocycle : 23rd April 2021 at 14:29.
ottocycle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:25   #429
KPR
BANNED

Many (10 persons - 60+aged) in my family covered two doses of covishield done.

1st dose: Administered by 6 PM in the evening. Next day from morning onwards 7 out of 10 had mild fever. Few had taken one tablet of P650. By evening they have started to come back to normal. After which sound sleep and normal routine.

2nd dose: Similar time (4 PM in the evening). No symptoms at all for all 10 persons unlike first one.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:06   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Nothing Draconian here, we are just trying to help and feciliate and our staff understand that. At the end of the day if they get vaccinated I don't get the anti bodies.
Thanks for clarifying. Re-reading my post, i realize it could have come across as unnecessarily questioning, i apologize if that was the case. I could certainly have put the same questions across better. But thanks for replying in a more mature way than me!
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:34   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
One of my close relative died of Covid yesterday. He had taken first dose of the vaccine (I can't confirm whether Coaxin or Covishield) more than a month back.
Shocking. I'm expecting (hoping!) that such a thing would be very very rare, but that is no consolation to your family.
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:38   #432
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Shocking. I'm expecting (hoping!) that such a thing would be very very rare, but that is no consolation to your family.
Yes, death after 4 weeks of a single dose is very much rare. People with comorbidities are more at risk for the same. More trials are on the way regarding the efficacy of a single dose. The largest trial can be found here - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...432-3/fulltext
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:36   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you need to be in the same state as your address proof to get the vaccine shots? Right now I'm outside my home state and planning to register for vaccination here in the state I'm living in now. Do I need to go back home to get vaccinated? All my address proofs are of the home state. Also, do I need to carry the actual document when going for vaccination? I have a digital copy of all my address proofs but I only have my driver's license as a physical copy, I know the cowin app allows registration with that though.

Also, just a rant, but vaccine hesitancy is unfortunately too real. A couple of immediate family members are hesitating to get an elderly family member vaccinated. They keep saying things like "we're worried about the reaction", "he's too old", "what will we do if anything happens after vaccination", "so many people have got covid after being vaccinated". They have wasted so much time already and once the vaccination opens for all after May 1st, the rush will be more and then if they want to take him, the chances of exposure will be higher. Then they will blame the vaccine of course!

Last edited by am1m : 25th April 2021 at 10:38.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:46   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Do you need to be in the same state as your address proof to get the vaccine shots?
No. You can get the shot at any place. Ensure that the second one is of the same vaccine and not the other one.

Quote:
Also, just a rant, but vaccine hesitancy is unfortunately too real.
Yes, vaccine hesitancy is for real. People are giving lame excuses for the same.

I personally know people who have got infected post vaccination but the symptoms are milder to moderate. And almost everyone has got it due to lowering their guard post vaccination.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 11:24   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing my experiences on the day of my first jab, and post-jab reactions.

I wasn't too confident of going ahead with the jab initially, thinking that it might have adverse effects. I'm very careful with my outings, plus also take care to ensure that I have my intake of vitamins and minerals. Finally I decided to take my first dose after a) persuasion by my better half and my mother, and b) realizing that this had to be done some day.

I visited the SSG General Hospital in Vadodara, where the vaccine (Covishield) was being administered in a separate block. The set up was very neat and well organised.

1. The waiting area was well laid out, with adequate adherence to social distancing.

2. Once it was my turn, I went into a room, handed over my Aadhar to the person there, who completed the registration.

3. I was given a slip containing my name, age, and other details, and asked to proceed to another room.

4. The lady at the new room took down my details, and then the vaccine was administered. I was asked to juat hold the cotton on the injected part and not to rub it.

5. I was then ushered into another waiting room where my details were taken down and I was asked to chill for 30 minutes. It was then that I got a text message to state that I've been successfully vaccinated. I was allowed to leave after being under observation for 30 minutes.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-ssg_observationroom1.jpg

Now, for the post jab experience.

Day 0 - Friday - vaccine administered in my left upper arm

Days 0, 1, 2 viz. Friday, Sat and Sunday- pain around the injected spot

Days 3 and 4 viz. Mon and Tue - no pain and therefore resumed my exercise regimen of suryanamaskaars and weights although in moderation

Days 5 and 6 viz. Wed and Thu - severe sprain on left shoulder/ neck so couldn't move neck freely to the left or right. This pain would move to the left forearm making me constantly needing me to clench my fist and move hand up and down to ease the discomfort. Applied Moov that night and was ok the next morning

Day 7 and 8 viz. Fri and Sat - perfectly normal, exercised normal with weights too

Day 8 (Saturday) night - repeat of Day 4 and couldn't sleep over 1 hr at a stretch all night. Had to hold neck and get up. Became gradually better over the day(Sunday)

Day 9 - Sunday - moving between very bad and bad - same pain as on Day 8 night

Days 10-15 - Monday to Sat - gradually getting better. Exercises put on hold

Day 16 - today - absolutely fine

I am not sure if getting back to exercises too quick was responsible for my miserable state on days 5,6,8 and 9, but the good thing is I am feeling perfectly fine since yesterday.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks