Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 21:51   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Just booked myself in for Vaccination tommorow morning at 11 under 18-45 category.
Quite a few slots were available; booking process was smooth and text prompts were instant.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 1st May 2021 at 21:58.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:14   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone in Gurgaon who has gone for 2nd shot of Covishield? My brother has been trying but slots are either booked or not showing. This is for people aged 45 years and above with co-morbodities. Someone said that for 2nd dose, it's a walk in. Can anyone clarify?
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:27   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
4. Long queue. My slot was from 1100 to 1300 Hrs., I reached there at 10:30 am, stood in queue. Was wondering why all the citizens who had taken vaccine were firmly putting that cotton piece so firmly.

5. Not only the fact that citizens should have received SMS, the slot booking must be reflected in the government data shared with front line team. Front line team at vaccine center uses mobile and they verify details. Didnt take much time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Many people are being turned back after turning up at the Vaccination center in spite of scheduling. The stock availability is not tied to scheduling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Got myself vaccinated in 18-45 age group category with Covishield here in Jaipur.
Slot gets filled as soon as it opens in the Cowin website. I was lucky to spot one and book it immediately. The place I went had only 100 slots for today and all were booked.

Went to the center which is a government dispensary. In Jaipur, only govt centers are getting the vaccines for my age group. Process was smooth. Was in and out in 15 minutes approx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
I am scheduled for my 2nd shot today, in New Delhi.
Guys,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. While I understand the situation might be different for different cities (and different centers), putting a few questions for additional views

1. Slots in Mumbai are hardly available with minimal # of hospitals as compared to other metros. We finally found slots in a govt hospital well outside Mumbai (~2hours drive). Is there any check to see if you are from that city/district at any point?

2. We booked the afternoon slot 1 - 3 pm. The appointment states it as a "preference". Now wondering if it is better to go early in the morning for the first slot (9 am onwards). Is that a good decision? Or do they diligently check for the slot and only allow around that time period?

3. Like what @msdivy is stating, I have heard a few folks on Twitter stating something similar that not all appointments are being honored. Is this a concern that we should worry about? Hence the thought of going early. What would you guys say basis your experience?
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:49   #529
Senior - BHPian

Bhpians announcing they got their appointments scheduled. It will be really helpful if you can list the following:

1. Location/city/pin code

2. Hospital or any other UPHC centre

3. Type of vaccine

4. Shot no.

It will help us mortals who are frantically trying to get our parents and ourselves scheduled but unable to find a single slot.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:59   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Bhpians announcing they got their appointments scheduled. It will be really helpful if you can list the following:

1. Location/city/pin code

2. Hospital or any other UPHC centre

3. Type of vaccine

4. Shot no.

It will help us mortals who are frantically trying to get our parents and ourselves scheduled but unable to find a single slot.
It won't be very helpful to be honest - slots are getting filled in minutes, atleast the 18-44 age slots. I checked within 5 minutes of us booking the slot (availability was 50+ for me, 30+ for my wife when we were booking) and all 170 slots were filled up by then.

But to answer your question: 401603 / Govt Hospital / Unknown / Shot #1 / 18 - 45 age group
Old 2nd May 2021, 12:34   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It won't be very helpful to be honest - slots are getting filled in minutes, atleast the 18-44 age slots. I checked within 5 minutes of us booking the slot (availability was 50+ for me, 30+ for my wife when we were booking) and all 170 slots were filled up by then.

But to answer your question: 401603 / Govt Hospital / Unknown / Shot #1 / 18 - 45 age group
Agreed, but this can at least inform others if the vaccination drive has started at all or not. I still can’t figure out if private hospitals in Kolkata have restarted their vaccinations. Anyone posting here would at least give some assurance that they have. Right now, reliable news is what is missing.
Old 2nd May 2021, 13:06   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,

1. No idea. Me, my brother who is a health worker, and my folks got vaccinated in the same city that we reside in. But if there was any such rule present then it must have been stated in the cowin portal. I don't see any such condition being present.

2. Totally depends on how your centre is handling it. Might be a good idea to call them in advance regarding this.

3. From what I can see, people are being returned only in private centres and not in government centres. My folks were also returned during their second dose. Reason being, earlier that day there were hints that vaccination cost will increase in pvt centres.

---------------------

One tip to people planning to get vaccinated:

The side effects hit different people in different way. I have been experiencing body pain and fever since today morning. Its good that today is a Sunday or else my work day would have got wasted. So avoid scheduling important work on the very next day of your vaccination. Hoping to get better by tomorrow morning.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 16:10   #533
BHPian

Current situation in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img_20210502_153140.jpg  

rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:10   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the next available slot on 9th May for myself and my wife in the 18-44 age group. I am not sure if this info would be helpful since in just 5-10 minutes, all the slots seems to fill up for the "under 45" age group.

Still to answer the questions.

1. Chennai
2. Apollo Specialty Hospitals (I guess the main one. No specific address was given. Need to confirm next week)
3. Covishield
4. 1st

Last edited by Aceman82 : 2nd May 2021 at 17:18.
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:04   #535
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday Apollo (Sheshadripuram) staff lied all day that people with appointments would get vaccination but denied vaccinating after making me wait from 2pm to 7:45pm. I was told everyone in the people in the 3-6pm slot were asked to reschedule. During the whole thing attitude was as if they're distributing charity & public was made to stand & wait like cattle.

Sorry to say but the attitude of private medical staff made me feel that not all healthcare workers are "Corona Warriors".

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2021 at 22:06.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:16   #536
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Yesterday Apollo (Sheshadripuram) staff lied all day that people with appointments would get vaccination but denied vaccinating after making me wait from 2pm to 7:45pm. I was told everyone in the people in the 3-6pm slot were asked to reschedule. During the whole thing attitude was as if they're distributing charity & public was made to stand & wait like cattle.

Sorry to say but the attitude of private medical staff made me feel that not all healthcare workers are "Corona Warriors".
Hello, did you come across anyone with a 3-6PM slot who arrived early and was able to get the shot?

I have booked my appointment in Apollo(Navi Mumbai) in the 3-6 PM slot. Wondering if I should reach by 12PM.
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:56   #537
Senior - BHPian

(Btw, I just remembered having spotted a White Fiesta with a T-BHP sticker!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hello, did you come across anyone with a 3-6PM slot who arrived early and was able to get the shot?

I have booked my appointment in Apollo(Navi Mumbai) in the 3-6 PM slot. Wondering if I should reach by 12PM.
When I reached at 2pm, we saw people waiting since 11am! most people waited in the lines, some in their cars. At 7pm I was again told it'll take ~45 mins to start the 3 - 6pm slot appointments, but by 7:45pm they simply told us to re-schedule as their CoWIN app wasn't accepting the verification process for the whole 3pm - 6pm slot.

P.S. : The vaccine itself arrived at 3pm! And even then nothing started until till atleast ~3:30pm. Also the process was excruciatingly slow.

A 'hit-or-miss' in such a dire scenario (with 28k cases reported in B'lore alone yesterday) isn't acceptable. The guard lying, the medical staff also giving false assurance & them not ensuring SD, all put together was OTT carelessness IMO. I don't think people in Mumbai would likely be as amiable as I saw y'day, so your experience may vary.

Quote:
Thanks. One more thing. When you booked your slot, how many total shots were available? For me, it was 200 for 18+ and 100 for 45+. So a total of 300 doses.

This figure shall help me guesstimate my upcoming experience at the hospital tomorrow.
78 were remaining by the time I booked, IIRC. There were more than 200-250 people at the spot. To be frank, any organised effort can easily complete HUGE number of vaccinations as it takes almost NO special effort/qualification to do that. I suppose the only medical staff required is a trained person to give the jab. I personally thought private hospitals would be very happy to do this simple process quickly.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2021 at 23:12.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:02   #538
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When I reached at 2pm, we saw people waiting since 11am! most people waited in the lines, some in their cars. At 7pm I was again told it'll take ~45 mins to start the 3 - 6pm slot appointments, but by 7:45pm they simply told us to re-schedule as their CoWIN app wasn't accepting the verification process for the whole 3pm - 6pm slot.

P.S. : The vaccine itself arrived at 3pm! And even then nothing started until till atleast ~3:30pm. Also the process was excruciatingly slow.

A 'hit-or-miss' in such a dire scenario (with 28k cases reported in B'lore alone yesterday) isn't acceptable. The guard lying, the medical staff also giving false assurance & them not ensuring SD, all put together was OTT carelessness IMO. I don't think people in Mumbai would likely be as amiable as I saw y'day, so your experience may vary.
Thanks. One more thing. When you booked your slot, how many total shots were available? For me, it was 200 for 18+ and 100 for 45+. So a total of 300 doses.

This figure shall help me guesstimate my upcoming experience at the hospital tomorrow.
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:15   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Current situation in Bangalore.
Which place/PHC is this? I am not even able to see any slots available for the nearby phc or private hospital yet in the cowin site.
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:22   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the same bucket - we have bookings for an outer Thane (govt) hospital for afternoon slot. Wondering how early should we reach.

Quote:

Someone on Twitter had told me of a similar experience in Palghar district (outside Mumbai) in a govt hospital - the vaccines landed up after 2PM. Although they did go ahead and do the vaccinations for all appointments.

I wonder if this was a case because of the first day (May 1st) of state quota based vaccinations? What I understood is the 45+ age group vaccinations is based on central govt quota of vaccines so there might be a few hiccups initially. Just a hypothesis.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks