Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 17:37   #631
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Well this is going in a different direction than the intent of the thread. I will just post some info here, if you have any further questions, please send a private message.

1. You can run python in Google codelabs without having to install on your computer. Link: https://developers.google.com/learn/topics/python

2. If you are trying the first github link i posted (Bhavesh's code), then you need change two parameters before running the code. Locate the following file:
cowin-api-availability_pincode.ipynb

and edit the two lines to reflect your pin code and age:
POST_CODE = "400708"
age = 52
Have PM'ed you, i cannot find the fields that you described in the PY file(Bhavesh's github link).
Thank you for trying to help, this will help in locating vaccines for all the elderlies in our home and we have ton of them
Old 7th May 2021, 18:29   #632
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Took Covaxin Jab yesterday. Almost 24 hours and except for stiff arm / unexplained sweating sitting on chair / bit of lethargic feeling, no adverse reaction yet.

Experience -This could be improved drastically. Initially they tried to send me back with multiple alibi's. On aking for written note, they relented and agreed for vaccination. Nobody checked my vitals pre vaccination. Post vaccination, Hospital staff printed the certificate thrice and got it correct 4th time . Paid up and left the centre. I am still to get the Post vaccination SMS and just have a manual certificate from hospital mentioning by vaccination details. Tried escalating to cowin on 1075 and they started cursing COWIN portal itself. Hospital staff's attitude is like " We don't care. Do whatever you wish to do".

Only hope is that hospital folks woke up after 3-4 days and mark me as vaccinated.

Edit- I took Pic of vaccination vial and after reaching home, realised that they used a vaccine which is to expire in this month. It doesn't help that it had CGS supply "Not to be sold" written on it and i am inclined to think there is a black marketing going on here as well. No doubt we have vaccine wastage

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 7th May 2021 at 18:41.
Old 7th May 2021, 18:31   #633
BHPian

No need to run any script you can check slots in browser itself

https://cdn-api.co-vin.in/api/v2/app...ate=10-05-2021

just update "pincode" and "date"

response is in JSON format, you can use some extension for easier reading

for ex.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...akgolnmc?hl=en
JustStarted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 18:42   #634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
No need to run any script you can check slots in browser itself
They have added a Random Captcha at the appointment schedule page now. NO way a script can be used to book slots.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 7th May 2021 at 19:00. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2021, 19:00   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
They have added a Random Captcha now at the appointment schedule page now. NO way a script can be used to book slots.
its to check available slots not book.

using public API

https://apisetu.gov.in/public/market...APIs/findByPin
JustStarted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 21:26   #636
Senior - BHPian

Telangana Covid vaccination 2nd dose drive from 8th to 12th May (except Sunday, 9th May) for the eligible persons at all Government Vaccination Centres.

No first dose vaccination till 12th May

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-20210507_212442.jpg

Link
Old 8th May 2021, 01:18   #637
BHPian

My brother, my wife, and I got our first shot of Covaxin today, at the Apollo Adlux Hospital, Angamaly. We had abandoned all hope, until earlier today, of finding slots on the Cowin website, and it was through sheer luck that we managed to log in at the right time and get our appointment slots.

Angamaly is an hour's drive from Cochin, and we availed the services of my driver to take us to the vaccination centre, for we feared that I would find it difficult to drive back in case of any immediate side effects. The Apollo Adlux Hospital is hard to miss - its right on the highway, and in any case, the google maps listing is accurate.

As to how we actually got the slot - came to know through telegram/whatsapp forwards that slots are opening up, and surely enough, at around 4 pm, we find over 90 slots available for Covaxin at the aforesaid place! Since my brother is also registered on the same mobile number as me for the COWIN portal, he got a slot too.
Truly, truly lucky to be among the first under 45 years to get vaccinated in Kerala.

As soon as we reached the vaccination centre at 6 pm sharp, our thermal screening was done and we were asked to wait at the reception. Although we weren't the first to reach, we definitely weren't the last, and yet, it took an awful lot of time for them to get us vaccinated. I'd like to think that they needed it to set up shop and be truly ready for any issues, including ones pertaining to side effects. Also, the District Collector of Ernakulam was visiting, presumably to either get vaccinated or to inspect the process, and not much happened while he was in the building.

Interestingly, while we were waiting, we had to get registered with the hospital, and upon doing that, we were given a Hospital UHID card. I felt this was completely unnecessary, since were only going to get a Covid vaccine shot, and not for any hospital-related services. We were not charged anything for it, but I suppose they can show that so many new patients have now visited Apollo Adlux Hospital, for what its worth. I wasn't keen on picking up a quarrel with them over this, especially since this was my rare chance to get the elusive covid vaccine.

At about 7.50 PM, after waiting for nearly two hours, we were directed to proceed to another floor, where the vaccine is actually administered. Thermal screenings were carried out and our contact details were sought from us, again. And then, we entered the vaccination room. A clean, air conditioned room, with the middle of the room cordoned off to administer vaccines. Adjacent to that, a couple of ladies sat with computers to authenticate our Cowin-generated appointment details, and after we received their approval, we were asked to pay for the vaccine. One dose of Covaxin costs Rs 1250/-, and payments could be made either in cash or by card. As soon as you make the payment, you are then taken in for the vaccination.

NOTE: please dont go for your vaccination appointment wearing full sleeves. Wear a half sleeve shirt or tee, preferably one thats loose enough to be pulled up all the way to your shoulders. The vaccine is administered a few inches below the left shoulder joint, and the nurses advise you to remain relaxed, and definitely not clench while the shot is administered. They also enquire whether you're on any medication, and whether you've been COVID positive previously. The vaccination itself is a 10 second job. Chances are you won't even feel it (at least not until later). Once you're done, you move towards the exit, and are asked to wait for a few minutes, to assess if you're feeling dizzy or unusually hurting at the site of the jab.

NOTE: NO MATTER WHAT, PLEASE DO NOT RUB OR SCRATCH THE SKIN WHERE THE VACCINE WAS ADMINISTERED. I don't know why, but at least two different nurses repeatedly told me, and everyone else being vaccinated, to not rub or scratch the skin where the vaccine was administered. One of the nurses then tell you about the possible side-effects, including fever (take Dolo/Paracetamol in case you get fever), body pain, or stiffness on the left arm. And if you're on any medications, you must continue to take them, unless otherwise advised. And since this is Covaxin, the second dose must be taken between 28 and 42 days after the 1st dose.

And with that, our 1st dose of Covid Vaccine administration was completed. When we were about to leave, we were given a copy of our vaccine certificate, along with a paper holder that reads as follows:

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-photo_20210508_010727.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-photo_20210508_010730.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-photo_20210508_010733.jpg

Luckily, I haven't experienced any major side effects, yet (touch wood), although ten minutes after the jab my arm started hurting a bit. A constant, dull pain near the shoulders, radiating to the elbow. Its been 5 hours since then, and the pain has definitely increased, so much so that it takes some effort to raise my arm above my shoulders. Thankfully, no fever, yet. Fingers crossed.

I'll add an update to this post in case of anything to new to report.

Also, PLEASE wear a double mask when you go for your vaccine appointment. Wear a surgical mask, and top it up with a cloth mask. If you're wearing an N95 mask (correctly), you wouldn't need to wear a second mask at all, but most likely you're better off with the two-mask set up.

Good luck to all of you scheduled to get your jabs soon. Lets keep this thread going.

Last edited by gk1234 : 8th May 2021 at 01:20.
gk1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 06:21   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
They have added a Random Captcha at the appointment schedule page now. NO way a script can be used to book slots.
Captcha solving is literally the easiest barrier that could be put in place. Like hanging a lemon and chillies on your car to prevent accidents.

Google captcha solving and you’ll see several ocr techniques to solve captcha. You’ll also see literal jobs being offered to solve captchas in bulk (guess what you end up doing when you accept one of those “online data entry” jobs when you aren’t typing fake reviews of various apps or products?). See https://surejob.in/captcha-entry-job-sites.html

I’ve worked over 20 years on security for large online services with several million users, so I can tell you this with some knowledge.

It is there because it needs to be there as a first and very thin line of defence. Not because it is some sort of ram baan against your site being automated for registrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
its to check available slots not book.

using public API

https://apisetu.gov.in/public/market...APIs/findByPin
Booking is done using web automation not through the API

Last edited by hserus : 8th May 2021 at 06:22.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 12:14   #639
BHPian

So my father got the first dose at a nearby pvt. primary health care center in Bangalore (Covishield) in March end. This was without registering on Cowin and direct walk in. Now that I registered his name on cowin to book the second dose, it still shows 'not vaccinated' 1st dose scheduling only. anybody else faced this? and what should be done to get this rectified? Can I still schedule the 1st dose and goto the center and get the 2nd dose for him?
Old 8th May 2021, 12:47   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
So my father got the first dose at a nearby pvt. primary health care center in Bangalore (Covishield) in March end. This was without registering on Cowin and direct walk in. Now that I registered his name on cowin to book the second dose, it still shows 'not vaccinated' 1st dose scheduling only. anybody else faced this? and what should be done to get this rectified? Can I still schedule the 1st dose and goto the center and get the 2nd dose for him?
Check if the phone number used for the 1st dose is the same. Did you get the SMS for successful 1st vaccination with the Beneficiary ID?

The staff, when they enter the phone number, they can know if its first or second dose.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 12:48   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

Making a guess, at the time of first dose, vaccine centre would have registered your father with CoWIN database using a phone number provided by you.
Did you use the same phone number now when logging into CoWIN website?
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 21:54   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Check if the phone number used for the 1st dose is the same. Did you get the SMS for successful 1st vaccination with the Beneficiary ID?

The staff, when they enter the phone number, they can know if its first or second dose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Making a guess, at the time of first dose, vaccine centre would have registered your father with CoWIN database using a phone number provided by you.
Did you use the same phone number now when logging into CoWIN website?
Yes I guess you guys are right. The walk in phone number (on which the sms was also received) and the currently registered number is different. There is a new complication. The walk in phone number which is my dads number is currently not operational. I wonder if we could schedule for the first dose, go to the center and clarify there? Any other suggestions?
Old 8th May 2021, 22:14   #643
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to get a slot for the vaccine since 2nd May 2021 with no luck. Both me and my wife are trying the cowin portal every 45 mins to an hour, but no luck yet here in Pune. Since we are in the 18-44 age group, this is all the more difficult to get a slot for the vaccination.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that one of the hits to the cowin portal is a lucky one!
Old 8th May 2021, 22:44   #644
BHPian

After multiple attempts over the week, finally managed to book a slot through cowin site. Went to Apollo med center in kotturpuram. In and out in less than 10 mins. Surprisingly, no thermal screening and no bp checks done. No instructions on medicines to take, nothing. Post the injection, they ask you to wait for 10 mins, but not a lot of space available. As it was getting crowded, got to the car and drove back. No one bothered if you leave right away. No vaccination certificate as well. Got Covishield, got a mild fever, tiredness. Only apollo has slots open for 18+. Had to drive 30+kms to get vaccinated.

On a side note, got my parents vaccinated earlier in a nearby hospital, was lot better organized.

Last edited by knaveen : 8th May 2021 at 22:52.
Old 8th May 2021, 23:37   #645
BHPian

Got a senior citizen vaccinated today. Covaxin. 2nd dose. Manipal Hospital on the Old Airport Road, Bangalore. They charged about 1350/- for the vaccination. Received the certificate as well from there. They had no covishield though, just covaxin for now.

We did a walk-in. They were fine with walk-ins for the second dose. Many 45+ were getting vaccinated too.

We reached the place about 7:30am. Vaccination process started off at 9am. Lucky that we reached early...else, the crowd had swelled quite a bit by 8am.

For those that may want to try a walk-in at the place, they are doing covaxin tomorrow as well from 9am to 1pm (half day).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks