Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 13:51   #511
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

TN health secretary says, its not possible to vaccinate people in age groups 18-44 starting tomorrow due to shortage of vaccines. Procurement of vaccines from the industries is getting late as the vaccine makers are facing problems to fulfill the orders from various states.

There is a saying, "Clean the house first and go out to Clean the streets". Entire country should have been vaccinated first and then we could have started vaccine politics.

All that zeal in starting those _ _Bharat schemes could have been utilized for the nation vaccination.
Old 30th April 2021, 16:38   #512
BHPian

I had the first dose of Covishield on the last day of March from a local clinic. It was smooth process, finished in less than an hour as there was no rush. i started to see queues in the morning recently for getting tokens. I am eligible for second dose now. I thought from 1st may, the demand will surge and decided to have the second dose today. Went there early morning. There was a big Queue and tokens finished by 8.30. I got my token and was asked to come at 10.30. This time it took lot of time and a bit messy. Two reasons: The server was very slow according to them and hence registering in COWin takes much time. There were lot of people coming and demanding about 2nd dose Covaxin. It seems Covaxin is short in supply. However, happy to have completed before demand increases and got the certificate. Hope to escape the virus.
vivek_lo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 19:42   #513
BHPian

Read about a new website that helps finds vaccination slots for those in the under 45 years age group:

https://under45.in/

Existing vaccination locations for the under 45 years age group can be found by clicking on the "Where are the slots?" link.

According to the source article,

That solves a major point that visitors face on the CoWIN website: it’s meant to be used by people of all age groups eligible for the vaccine, but it doesn’t have a filter to display vaccination centers that will serve people between ages 18-45. Plus, a lot of centers that support vaccination for anyone over 18 years are still marked with a 45-years-and-over label, making the booking process confusing.

If any BHP-ian has success with this site, please share.
anivy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:18   #514
Senior - BHPian

Friends - I am hearing mixed feedback for the second dose. I’m told that some hospitals are turning away people asking them to visit the same place they had their first dose.

I thought that this really shouldn’t matter.

I’m scheduled (got one slot on Cowin App) for my second dose tomorrow, but at a hospital different from the one I took my first. I’m hoping they don’t turn me back.
Old 30th April 2021, 20:41   #515
BHPian

Got a regret message earlier today stating that my second dose of Covaxin appointment was cancelled. No reason mentioned. I had booked it two days back.

Logged in to cowin and the earlier booked center was not listed.
Booked successfully at Mahaveer Jain hospital.

But again it was cancelled.
Will try again

Note: Instead of pin code try to filter with state and district. You will get way more options.
For Bengaluru we have Bangalore urban, Bangalore rural and BBMP options.
Choose BBMP.
dezpo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 21:09   #516
BHPian

Had these bureaucrats left the procurement and distribution of vaccines to a team of fresh MBA/ hospital management or public health graduates, India would have fared better. Tonnes of vaccines were wasted because of storage issues and yet those were not given to under 45s.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st May 2021 at 05:54. Reason: Political bits deleted
Nissan1180 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 00:21   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anivy View Post
Read about a new website that helps finds vaccination slots for those in the under 45 years age group:

https://under45.in/

Existing vaccination locations for the under 45 years age group can be found by clicking on the "Where are the slots?" link.

According to the source article,

That solves a major point that visitors face on the CoWIN website: it’s meant to be used by people of all age groups eligible for the vaccine, but it doesn’t have a filter to display vaccination centers that will serve people between ages 18-45. Plus, a lot of centers that support vaccination for anyone over 18 years are still marked with a 45-years-and-over label, making the booking process confusing.

If any BHP-ian has success with this site, please share.
I just tried this website to see where I can get an appointment in Delhi and it worked perfectly! Seems like they've just opened it now as I tried the same pin code earlier and it wasn't showing any available slots. Thanks a ton for this

Just check the pin code of the hospitals that are vaccinating people in the 18+ category and then log in to Co-Win and make an appointment.
10nitin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 05:34   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
I just tried this website to see where I can get an appointment in Delhi and it worked perfectly! Seems like they've just opened it now as I tried the same pin code earlier and it wasn't showing any available slots. Thanks a ton for this

Just check the pin code of the hospitals that are vaccinating people in the 18+ category and then log in to Co-Win and make an appointment.
The COWIn app also now gives the option of searching up dose information on the main page, without having to log in.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 09:02   #519
BHPian

I am scheduled for my 2nd shot today, in New Delhi. In the morning, I see big news - an appeal by CM to not to queue up at hospitals today, as required Vaccine has not been received.
Still, will go, hope for success and reschedule, if necessary.
Announcement of vaccine for 45+ and 18+, though a good move should have been made with Vaccine and infrastructure in place first.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:25   #520
BHPian

Got myself vaccinated in 18-45 age group category with Covishield here in Jaipur.
Slot gets filled as soon as it opens in the Cowin website. I was lucky to spot one and book it immediately. The place I went had only 100 slots for today and all were booked.

Went to the center which is a government dispensary. In Jaipur, only govt centers are getting the vaccines for my age group. Process was smooth. Was in and out in 15 minutes approx.

Didn't get any confirmation SMS as of yet - neither of appointment nor of the first dose. But in the Cowin website I can see that I am partially vaccinated with Covishield. Looking forward to get the second dose within the next 30-60 days.
Sherlocked is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 15:25   #521
BHPian

I see Apollo hospitals in bangalore are saying they have vaccines for 18+ age group starting today. I do not want to start off on a conspiratorial path but the same hospital has been canceling the appointments for 45+ age group in the last week citing lack of vaccine supplies. Does this mean they deliberately held back some of the stock and are attempting to profit from this?
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 15:33   #522
Senior - BHPian

There are 3 steps:
1) Registration: Easiest
2) Scheduling: Difficult for 18+ category
3) Vaccination: Depends on availability of vials.

Many people are being turned back after turning up at the Vaccination center in spite of scheduling. The stock availability is not tied to scheduling.

Then there are options of Covishield vs Covaxine. Then there is option of free vs paid. So 4 options available while scheduling.
(This is for Bangalore)
Old 1st May 2021, 16:15   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I see Apollo hospitals in bangalore are saying they have vaccines for 18+ age group starting today.
Even I heard about this news. But not sure if it really happened today.
Old 1st May 2021, 17:07   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Even I heard about this news. But not sure if it really happened today.
Yes , Apollo hospital did offer 18+ slots today.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20210501170600.jpg  

rjainv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 21:05   #525
Senior - BHPian

Got myself Vaccinated today.
1. Registration was difficult, and getting registration SMS was like climbing Mount Everest. I didnt get any actually.

2. Slot booking was weird, really dont know what was wrong, but list of hospitals was not consistent or may be I was hazy. I asked someone else to get the thing done for me over call.

3. Took a couple of long to-and-fro runs to get to exact location of vaccination center. Eventually asked a cop and he directed me to correct location.

4. Long queue. My slot was from 1100 to 1300 Hrs., I reached there at 10:30 am, stood in queue. Was wondering why all the citizens who had taken vaccine were firmly putting that cotton piece so firmly.

5. Not only the fact that citizens should have received SMS, the slot booking must be reflected in the government data shared with front line team. Front line team at vaccine center uses mobile and they verify details. Didnt take much time.

6. Vaccine was given with the normal wet swab rubbing on hand. Directly vaccine given and then a dry cotton was placed over it. Now I had understood why others were so firmly placing that cotton where injection was administered.

7. Two paracetamol tablets are given, one each after lunch and dinner today.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks