Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 17:32   #676
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Age group : 44-45 not able to register

Did anyone notice that if one is in the age group of beyond 44 but yet to reach 45, are not able to schedule the appointment on CoWin website.

Note sure if it is a bug or not, but have been trying for sometime, with no positive outcome. Had to let go many available slots.
Old 10th May 2021, 17:34   #677
Team-BHP Support

You will have to register in the 45+ category. It calculates only according to the year of birth.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 19:29   #678
BHPian

Is it worth going to hospitals in Bangalore for 18-45? I certainly want to avoid places with scant social distancing or long queues. My employer may start on-campus vaccinations in 2 more weeks. Is it better to wait for that?

There is very little chance that I need to step out for the next few weeks otherwise for us.

I don't want to end up going for vaccination and catching infection instead.
Old 10th May 2021, 19:42   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Folks from Bangalore, any inputs please.

Got a vaccine appointment for today evening for myself and wife (18-44 category) at Doddaballapur Taluk Hospital.

Now wondering if we really should go that far. Will we be prohibited from traveling due to the ongoing lock down or is Vaccine drive exempted without any trouble? Is it worth driving up that far?

Any comments?
Hi balenoed, did you happen to go for your jab today? If so, how was your experience with respect to the police and driving post the vaccination?
Old 10th May 2021, 21:24   #680
BHPian

I had my first shot of the Moderna vaccine in late March. Tomorrow I am going for my second shot. Hopefully I dont need any more.
I had no side effects after the first shot.
Indian2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 22:27   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
I don't want to end up going for vaccination and catching infection instead.
I was wondering the same thing. A combination of poor luck getting appointment and the image of Bowring hospital shared on another website convinced me that the grapes are sour, at least for another few weeks, till the supply increases.
Old 10th May 2021, 22:39   #682
Senior - BHPian

Good that i am in my home town Hassan KA, not in Bangalore this lockdown. Was able to book covishield in Govt Hospital. No police trouble, everything was organized very well in hospital, only registered were allowed for jab for 18+, security made sure line was maintained with 6 feet social distance.

Had to say my mobile no at computer operator, and went to injection counter and take vaccination. Total time was less than 2 mins Counter+Jab. Totally took around 20 mins.

Yes, PayTM vaccine alert set-up sent me a message as soon as vaccination was available for my pincode, which i had registered yesterday, i booked immediatelyin Cowin and slots were gone in 15 mins.
shamanth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 23:10   #683
BHPian

Inspite of registering at various alert channels, and waiting logged in Co-WIN website when the alerts starts pouring in during evenings, I am not able to land even one slot in 18+ cateogry in BLR in any PIN. I suspect some scam, some rouge program which takes up with slots so quickly that it seems humanly impossible to book one. Don't know how some of you managed it. Anything else to be done in addition to above SOP?
Old 10th May 2021, 23:21   #684
Team-BHP Support

Last week, my daughter kept trying on the COWIN app and got an appointment with Apollo Seshadripuram for 3.00-5.30PM on Saturday.

We left at 2.20. At Mysore Bank Circle, there was strict checking. We carried appointment printouts and were allowed through. As also passenger with SMS confirmations. Recommend you only travel with minimum passengers - patient +1 as the police asked and figured that I was merely driving my daughter to hospital.

Reached at 2.40. You needed to wait outside, they gave a token and verified the Cowin appointment and aadhaar details as well as took a verification photo. (I was parked up nearby). You needed to put up with senior citizens insisting on jumping the queue flaunting their age.

You are then allowed in batches to proceed to the 4th floor to pay and get vaccinated.
All the folks who cut the queue were waiting for the lift(a virus trap in itself). My daughter followed the signs and merely took the stairs. The card payment queue was very short. Completed payment and took the jab and walked out as all the queue jumpers finally made it to the 4th floor.

Timelines
1515- joined verification queue
1529 - verification completed
1554- vaccination complete
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 23:49   #685
Senior - BHPian

Looks like techies have hijacked cowin https://www.ibtimes.co.in/techies-ho...details-836101
Old 11th May 2021, 08:04   #686
BHPian

I got my first dose of Covishield done at a government hospital in Nelamangala. Nelamangala is approximately 30 KM from my house. I got an appointment for 12- 1 PM, and reached around 11 AM. The drive was eventless with almost empty roads. I was stopped a few times by the police, but they waved me off without a word when they saw the vaccination appointment confirmation. The vaccinations for 45+ were going on, and we were asked to wait till the time slot mentioned in the appointment confirmation. It got interesting at 12 PM, because a few locals tried to create a scene saying that they wanted to get vaccinated without any appointment since outsiders from Bangalore had stolen their vaccines. The doctors and nurses tried reasoning that the status would not get reflected on the portal without a valid appointment, but they were adamant. Finally after 10 minutes of shouting, they were allowed to proceed at their own risk. The rest of the process went smoothly and my first dose status was immediately shown on the portal.

I think I do not have any major side effects other than localized pain at the point of injection, and a lingering headache. I suffer from migraines, and I have a ready stock of painkillers. Is it okay to take a painkiller like Naxdom 500 after the first dose of vaccine?
KL01toKA03 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 08:37   #687
BHPian

Does anyone have experience of General Hospital KR Puram in Bangalore?

I have a vaccine appointment there for both myself and wife. However I have my infant daughter and I don't want to carry her along to hospital and expose her unless it is well managed process where I can get in and get out quickly or take turns between myself and wife while other waits outside with daughter.
Old 11th May 2021, 08:43   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
did you happen to go for your jab today? If so, how was your experience with respect to the police and driving post the vaccination?
Hi, No. Got a contact number of that hospital after googling for an hour. When called, they said it is crowded over there and possible vaccine shortage might happen and told me to come another day. Hence I cancelled that and booked another one for tomorrow morning at Nelamangala TH (which is again a 40 Km drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I got my first dose of Covishield done at a government hospital in Nelamangala.
Ah, that's where I have my appointment for tomorow. Glad that someone has already got it done from there. How is the parking and overall set up? Crowded or smooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Anything else to be done in addition to above SOP?
Yes, You need to be on your toes. Log into covin portal and wait for that notification of availability (if you are on those telegram groups or have a script running to alert you). Remember to keep re-logging in as it times out after few minutes. Need to click and keep moving in milli seconds. Even a second of delay could cost you losing the slot. Yes, the slots get over in max 3 seconds once it gets opened up (atleast here in Bangalore). I have no clue how on earth this is happening. But enjoyed this game of fastest finger first. You have a higher probability of getting at a government hospital than a private hospital. Was successful couple of times with that.

Wishing all those non-tech savvy people good luck to get their appointment by some means.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 11th May 2021 at 09:01.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 08:54   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Ah, that's where I have my appointment for tomorow. Glad that someone has already got it done from there. How is the parking and overall set up? Crowded or smooth?

The vaccination is done in what I understand is a school near the hospital. There is a lot of parking space near that building. I recommend parking your car there since there is no place to sit and wait for your time slot. I wouldn't say it is crowded. There was a queue to get the vaccine, primarily because they waited till the exact time slot to start the vaccination for 18+. The reasoning given was that there is a batch number of the vaccine allotted for each slot, and that batch would reach only just before the vaccination would begin.

There were 50-60 people in the queue+5 people who did not have an appointment. Once the vaccination started, it went smoothly.
KL01toKA03 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 09:54   #690
BHPian

Me and my wife (18-45) finally got a slot in Jayanagar general hospital for 14th 9.30AM. I have the same thoughts as few others here on whether the risk of mingling with a large, unmanaged crowd is going to tempt fate.
Anyone here who has already been or going to this place?
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks