Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 02:07   #646
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Got my 1st dose today (8-May-2021), Covaxin, from Gleneagles Global hospitals in Perumbakkam, Chennai and luckily it is near my home. I booked the 10:30-11:30 slot and went just at the right time. They provided a form to fill which also has a token number written on the top and they call you based on that number. However, it took approx. 2 hours for the entire process. I was little anxious on seeing the crowd, however it was well organized with enough social distancing and was also good to see everyone wearing double masks.

The anxiousness showed up in the vitals when my BP was almost hitting the higher boundary, however they asked me to relax and allowed for vaccination. It is a private hospital and the cost of the dose is INR 1250.

Post vaccination, feeling pain in the left hand near the jabbed area and also dozed off in the evening for a good 2 hours.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 9th May 2021 at 02:08.
Old 9th May 2021, 09:51   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Yes I guess you guys are right. The walk in phone number (on which the sms was also received) and the currently registered number is different. There is a new complication. The walk in phone number which is my dads number is currently not operational. I wonder if we could schedule for the first dose, go to the center and clarify there? Any other suggestions?
I had faced the exact same scenario when I tried to register my mother in law for 2nd dose vaccination. Since her 1st dose was done via walk-in in PHC in Chennai and while I tried to seek an appointment in the Cowin portal for 2nd dose, it was by default selecting 1st one. Luckily she was having the photocopy of 1st dose vaccination certificate and even though I had taken an appointment for 1st dose, I just showed this to the authority in charge in PHC and without any issue, they administered the dose and updated the portal.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 14:41   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Got my 1st dose today (8-May-2021), Covaxin, from Gleneagles Global hospitals in Perumbakkam, Chennai and luckily it is near my home. I booked the 10:30-11:30 slot and went just at the right time.
Can you please let us know how you got the slot in Global Hospital. I have been trying unfortunately not able to get one. Any specific time need to look in COWIN SITE?
Old 9th May 2021, 14:58   #649
BHPian

I got my first dose yesterday. Covishield. Got lucky with a slot at CIVIL hospital gurgaon. The place was crowded while distributing tokens with some people not following covid appropriate behaviour, including the security guard who was giving out coupons and took off his mask multiple times

However, there was enough space to stand / sit away from other people. Once inside, the process was very streamlined. It took 5 min to confirm registration, another 5 min to get the Jab and 15 min wait post that before one can leave.

No discomfort yesterday but had soreness on the forearm, some body pain last night and mild fever (<100 F). Hoping this is vaccine side effect and not caught the damn virus.
Old 9th May 2021, 22:33   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Can you please let us know how you got the slot in Global Hospital. I have been trying unfortunately not able to get one. Any specific time need to look in COWIN SITE?
I wrote a simple script to alert me in a private Telegram channel whenever the slot opens up. This slot for Global has opened just about 6 PM on 7th and I was able to book immediately since I had already logged in with the OTP. So, look out for this particular time slot and make sure you are logged in. Now, I have made my private channel into a public channel, however there is a slight delay in the alerts as I have just scheduled it in my personal laptop.
Old 9th May 2021, 22:46   #651
BHPian

https://www.dnaindia.com/technology/...-slots-2889166

App - PAYTM
Much easier to use and works pretty well. Sends a notification whenever slots open up.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20210509224219__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by MotoBlip : 9th May 2021 at 22:58. Reason: mentioned app name
MotoBlip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 08:44   #652
BHPian

Took both doses of vaccines (45+). Had to scamper for the second dose but finally got it at Jayadeva hospital (BG Road, Bangalore) with slots prioritised for 45+ and second dose. I had to return twice due to limited stock (30 per day or so) but was third time lucky.
Vaccine center is quite secluded from general patient block and is very well maintained - with sufficient space for both pre and post vaccine waiting.
Had got the second dose at the same center for my parents in April.
As it is BBMP/Govt center, it is free of cost

First dose was at Apollo - which charged 250 for vaccine and 100 for "registration" - the ways they find to make money even in distress!
harishhm74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 09:51   #653
BHPian

Managed to get 2nd dose of Covaxin for my parents at Bowring hospital where they had prioritised 45+, due for 2nd dose and thankfully no registration, just walk-in.

They seem to have sufficient doses of Covaxin and Covishield and registration is required if you're getting the 1st dose (18+ and 45+). Seemed to be quite well managed with the building away from the main hospital. Time: 9:30am to 4pm.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 10th May 2021 at 09:52.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 10:04   #654
Senior - BHPian

My wife and I managed the second dose of Covaxin at Gleneagles BGS over the weekend. Took us about 4 hours from start to finish, thanks to a very long Q.

Since we were entering this hospital for the first time, we had to fill the registration forms.

I don’t know why they insist on registering you and charging for that. I went there just for tr vaccination. The hospital registration, form filling, form verification and payment were at different counters and you end up standing in Q’s each time. This is a step they simply avoid and save time for people.

The injection process was perhaps the fastest. Vitals were taken(oxygen, temp and BP) and if things are normal, you are done in less than a minute.

I could pull out our certificates too from the Cowin portal.

I’m now waiting to see if and when we are asked to take a third and booster shot. I know of one who has taken the third booster just last week. He’s a volunteer.
Old 10th May 2021, 10:54   #655
Senior - BHPian

Folks from Bangalore, any inputs please.

Got a vaccine appointment for today evening for myself and wife (18-44 category) at Doddaballapur Taluk Hospital .

Now wondering if we really should go that far. Will we be prohibited from traveling due to the ongoing lock down or is Vaccine drive exempted without any trouble? Is it worth driving up that far? With almost nil traffic, the drive would be pleasant otherwise. Not sure about how the hospital atmosphere would be and if vaccine would really be there. And whether drive back would be ok after taking the shot?

Any comments?
Old 10th May 2021, 11:07   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Got a vaccine appointment for today evening for myself and wife (18-44 category) at Doddaballapur Taluk Hospital .

Now wondering if we really should go that far. Will we be prohibited from traveling due to the ongoing lock down or is Vaccine drive exemptede without any trouble? Is it worth driving up that far?

Any comments?
In the local news channels, the health minister has been reported as “considering” delaying vaccination till the time the lockdown is enforced.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 11:42   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
I wrote a simple script to alert me in a private Telegram channel whenever the slot opens up. This slot for Global has opened just about 6 PM on 7th and I was able to book immediately since I had already logged in with the OTP. So, look out for this particular time slot and make sure you are logged in. Now, I have made my private channel into a public channel, however there is a slight delay in the alerts as I have just scheduled it in my personal laptop.
This explains why all the 18-45 candidates in the Apollo branch that I took my wife to were the typical IT professional crowd, no working class people at all.

I shudder to think just how they are going to get vaccinated if this IRCTC tatkal type situation exists. I guess the people that promised to get you tatkal tickets in black will now sell vaccination slots in black.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 11:54   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Now wondering if we really should go that far. WIll we be prohibited from traveling due to the ongoing lock down or is Vaccine drive exempted without any trouble? Is it worth driving up that far? With almost nil traffic, the drive would be pleasant otherwise. Not sure about how the hospital atmosphere would be and if vaccine would really be there. And whether drive back would be ok after taking the shot?

Any comments?
Not really from Bangalore but went through a similar situation 2 weeks ago.

Considering this is a govt hospital, the shouldn't be stock issues I believe (unlike the problems seen in Bangalore recently).

Our experience
- drove out 60 kms outside Mumbai city to a rural hospital (more like a small clinic setup)
- process was/is well managed, basis what I have heard for experiences in the city
- no stoppages by police on the way. Another friend was, but he was allowed to go when he showed the vaccination appointment

I'd say go for it
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:01   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
In the local news channels, the health minister has been reported as “considering” delaying vaccination till the time the lockdown is enforced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
.I shudder to think just how they are going to get vaccinated if this IRCTC tatkal type situation exists. I guess the people that promised to get you tatkal tickets in black will now sell vaccination slots in black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Of particular interest to me is the manner in which the free 18-44 vaccination will be carried out from May 1st.

It has clearly been told by the CM that there will be no public transport facility nor will people be allowed to use their personal vehicles (in the afternoon presser). How then are people supposed to reach the vaccination sites?

What would perhaps work is to slot the vaccination time table between 7-9 AM, during the daily free window of 6-10 AM. Else, it would be a mad rush for vaccines once the Corona Curfew (the government prefers to use this name) ends.
Quoting myself here.

Being part of the Karnataka government setup for a decade and half, I just have a smug smile on my face. The system works towards its own benefits and not for the welfare of its citizens.

The sooner we realise this, the better.

First it was Remdesivir, now is the turn of vaccines.

Some would say, rightly so, for, were we not promised minimum government?
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:04   #660
BHPian

Quote:

Now wondering if we really should go that far. Will we be prohibited from traveling due to the ongoing lock down or is Vaccine drive exempted without any trouble? Is it worth driving up that far? With almost nil traffic, the drive would be pleasant otherwise. Not sure about how the hospital atmosphere would be and if vaccine would really be there. And whether drive back would be ok after taking the shot?

Any comments?
Vaccination appointment is a valid document for travel but, from what I observed in Kodihalli PHC on old airport road, they handout limited first dose tokens on first come first served basis. Larger number of tokens are handed out for second dose. All this is for 45+ vaccination appointments. They did not consider those who came later for 45+ category first dose with cowin appointment and stated that stock for first dose is over.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks