Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 18:14   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Thank you for the suggestions carboy. I will enquire about the availability of the carbon/candle in my area.
Aquaguard UV servicing/parts though either Aquaguard or through 3rd party guys is not a problem anywhere in India, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
What does the UV filter actually do ? And is RO needed for area like Navi Mumbai ?
UV kills germs.

RO is typically not needed in Bombay. No idea about New Bombay - but I think water supply for New Bombay would be similar to that of Bombay.

If RO is not needed I wouldn't buy it
- it's far more expensive
- it wastes a lot of water.
- it removes all minerals from water - it's better to drink water with some minerals.

This post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2680345
and a few after that talk about RO.
Old 24th April 2013, 16:53   #257
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Was looking for a RO/UV and called the Acquaguard demo guys. The TDS came out to be 180 (Its cauvery + borewell water supply in our area).

The aquaguard personall is suggesting the Aquaguard classic or Aquaguard Enhance (Both are UVs not ROs).

I searched the net and found out that aquaguard classic is outdated.

Any other good UV that i should consider (having low maintenance and easy serviceability?).
Old 24th April 2013, 17:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

The Classic is excellent VFM. You must consider it. its not outdated but going strong for decades now.

We have one serving us well for 8 years.

Any other good UV that i should consider (having low maintenance and easy serviceability?).[/quote]
Old 24th April 2013, 17:52   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

Was looking for a RO/UV and called the Acquaguard demo guys. The TDS came out to be 180 (Its cauvery + borewell water supply in our area).

The aquaguard personall is suggesting the Aquaguard classic or Aquaguard Enhance (Both are UVs not ROs).

Any other good UV that i should consider (having low maintenance and easy serviceability?).
Using a Philips for 4 years now. Self serviceable product with the recurring cost just being the filter candle costing around Rs. 700/- which needs replacement per 3000 litres.

Sorry for posting back to back posts. I forgot to mention the model no. of the Philips water purifier. Philips UV Water Purifier WP3889/01.

Can be found here: http://www.philips.co.in/c/water-pur...wp3889_01/prd/

The particular model I have is probably no longer in production but this is the replacement model, almost same. It costed me Rs. 7000/- back in 2009, so the prices have been decreased by Rs. 500/-

Thanks,
Saket

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2013 at 18:43. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 24th April 2013, 20:56   #260
BHPian

My Aquaguard Total Enhance purifier, after 10 months of purchasing suddenly started taking 4-6 hours to fill its tank(of 12 ltr capacity). Previously it used to take about an hour for the same. Called the Aquaguard helpline, they came and identified the problem as choked filter. Replaced it free of cost under warranty. Before this, all the free services were also promptly done without any need to call the customer care. So far I have nothing to complain about their service.
Old 27th April 2013, 14:44   #261
BHPian

Hello guys, since last week my UV water purifier is giving problems. Looks like the UB lamp is gone bad as the indicator light does not glow. Unfortunately, this was a local brand in Mumbai which does not have service in Pune. I tried to do it on my own but couldn't figure out how to remove the lamp.

So I think I'll have to buy a new one. I went through quite a lot of post on this thread and from what I understood, RO is good if the TDS is over 500 and UV just partially deactivates the bacteria and not good for storing the filtered water in a container for long periods of time.

My problem is, my society gets corporation water for 8 months of year but we have to use mixed water for remaining 4 months. So the TDS goes up from 80 to 400. Now experts might not recomment RO for such numbers but I have to say the water tastes quite different when it is mixed water. If I put RO, would it fix the problem of taste?

Secondly, after going through so many service problems with my previous unit, I want to go for a product that has a decent service backup. I know Eureka Forbes is rated high but how are others like Kent and Zero B in terms of service. I also would like to know if they have physical service centers in Pune which I could visit if the service advisors fail to turn up at my home?

Regarding UV stage, it was mentioned by quite a few members that it does not kill bacteria but just deactivates it so if stored for long the benefit is lost. So how is iodine germ kill stage? Does it kill bacteria or it is also similar to UV? I am asking this becasue if I decide for RO at all, what combionation should I go for?

thanks!
Old 30th April 2013, 20:16   #262
BHPian

Hello bhpians, looks like there are not many suggestions to make to my previous post. Okay, just want to know one more thing. I see quite a few RO purifiers don't have the last UV polishing or chemical polishing stage. Saw couple of purifiers from Aquaguard and Pureit. Does it mean we can do without that stage?
Old 9th May 2013, 20:46   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Installed KENT PEARL water purifier.
Looks neat & clean with provosion to clean the storage tank.
Water tastes better now.
TDS readings
Corporation water - 181
Kent Pearl - 63 ( I verified with the Bisleri 20L Can water, it was showing 64 )

Price - Brought it from homeshop18, there's a flat discount of 10%.(still going on)
Mrp - 17000, HS18 price, 16500
After discount , I got it for 14850 Rs.
How has the experience been so far? There are a variety of other water purifiers at some attractive prices. They are all present on fabmart. http://www.fabmart.com/search?page=1...r&type=product
Old 10th May 2013, 10:48   #264
BHPian

Can anybody comment on a safety of drinking boiled water. Does it also kills all the minerals.
And which purifier retains the minerals??
Old 10th May 2013, 14:35   #265
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy3660 View Post
Can anybody comment on a safety of drinking boiled water. Does it also kills all the minerals.
And which purifier retains the minerals??
No. The minerals aren't alive so they don't get killed. It's only the live stuff in the water (the bacteria etc) that killed.
Old 28th July 2013, 14:09   #266
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the "Kent-Supreme RO" model? They assure zero RO wastage. (50% water is filtered and balance 50% wastage is saved in another tank, which can be used for other purposes). Seems pricey at 18000/-
What is the average cost of AMC for a kent RO+UV purifier?
Old 28th July 2013, 22:32   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Finally purchased the water purifier. I purchased the Kent Pearl model. but are let down by poor quality control and poor service network.

Rohan
Hi Rohan,

Its been two years since you purchased the Kent Pearl. Can you share your feedback in terms of service? What does their AMC cost and how is the taste of the water?
Old 28th July 2013, 22:54   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

Hi Rohan,

Its been two years since you purchased the Kent Pearl. Can you share your feedback in terms of service? What does their AMC cost and how is the taste of the water?
Hey! Not a direct response to your query but if you are in the market for a water purifier, please do NOT even consider Eureka Forbes! I had taken their air and water purifiers and am really suffering from a service and spare parts' perspective.
Old 29th July 2013, 10:35   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a Kent Grand plus installed yesterday for 15.5K including some extra pipes. The raw water TDS was about 435 in our area, now its around 90. Also, the TDS level is adjustable. The taste of water has improved and is much like mineral water now. Just concerned about the service cost which is not clear. 3 Shops mentioned 3 different costs ranging from 1200/- annually to 3K annually. The 3K part is scary. Rest its all good.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:46   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi Rohan,

The unit has been working flawlessly. Our usage is very less (less than 10 litres per day), because we have only 2 members in the family.

I have not taken the AMC. I just get it serviced once in an year and get the filters replaced (Have not replaced the RO membrane till now). The service is not great, but is bearable. They do not respond immediately, may take a couple of days to turn up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Got a Kent Grand plus installed yesterday for 15.5K including some extra pipes. The raw water TDS was about 435 in our area, now its around 90. Also, the TDS level is adjustable. The taste of water has improved and is much like mineral water now. Just concerned about the service cost which is not clear. 3 Shops mentioned 3 different costs ranging from 1200/- annually to 3K annually. The 3K part is scary. Rest its all good.
3k is the AMC cost and 1200 is the cost of filters (excluding RO membrane) which should be replaced annually. Hope that clarifies it.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks