Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 09:30   #1861
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Hi Folks,
I have selected an apartment to buy. I like it but my parents have asked me to get the Vastu checked. I have a specific question that I want to get clarified. Do you know anyone who can advise me in Hyderabad? I'd prefer to talk to someone who is not commercial or not engaged in selling pyramids or stuff.
If any of your friends/family members has good knowledge and willing to advise, then I'd be glad to talk to them.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:09   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Need an advice for a friend of mine. He is flying onsite in couple of weeks for a long term assignment and will be back after an year. In the meantime he has bought an apartment recently but the loan and the registration process will take atleast a month. He is trying to complete most of the paperwork before he travels but unfortunately the above mentioned ones got delayed because of some reason.

So his question is,

(i) Is it possible to give GPA (power of attorney) to any of his friends/colleague (trustworthy ofcourse). Seems like GPA can be given only to blood relatives atleast according to the bank agent. Can anybody confirm this?
(ii) Is it possible for the bank to send the documents to his onsite address as softcopy so that he can sign, scan and send it back? Do the banks agree to this process?
(iii) If option (i) is not possible, is there any way to not register the property but still get the ownership transfer from the builder. He can come back and complete the registration.

Unfortunately he cannot delay his travel anytime later and hence this dilemma. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 7th April 2016, 23:00   #1863
BHPian

Hi Bangalore BHPians,

Anyone heard of the builder MJ Infrastructure in Bangalore ? I am thinking of booking a villa with them in Trivandum. It is their first project in Kerala. They claim to be an established builder in Bangalore. If anyone can comment on their reputation, quality of construction etc., that will be really helpful.
Old 8th April 2016, 00:18   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Hi Bangalore BHPians,

Anyone heard of the builder MJ Infrastructure in Bangalore ? I am thinking of booking a villa with them in Trivandum. It is their first project in Kerala. They claim to be an established builder in Bangalore. If anyone can comment on their reputation, quality of construction etc., that will be really helpful.
Nope, never heard of them. Prestige, Embassy, Sobha, Brigade, Mantri come to mind, not MJ. Looking at their projects, they seem to be small fry as their Bangalore projects are in the outskirts.

One reputed (caveat emptor: by builder standards) Bangalore builder who is in Kerala (not sure of TVM though) is Sobha.
Old 8th April 2016, 07:47   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Hi Bangalore BHPians,

SFS is a very reputed builder in Trivandrum. Please check with them.
My brother stays in one of their apartments.
Old 8th April 2016, 17:13   #1866
Oxy
BHPian

Has anyone tried paying the property tax online for 2016-17?

I am at the Zonal Classification thing.
Old 8th April 2016, 20:51   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Has anyone tried paying the property tax online for 2016-17?

I am at the Zonal Classification thing.
Identifying the new zone wasn't too difficult for me. I moved up 2 zones, but from what I understand there is a cap which limits it to one zone up.

However the form itself asks too many questions and appears flaky. I spent some time on it yesterday and finally decided not to break my head as an early adopter just to get the 5% rebate. In any case, BBMP has extended the rebate deadline in the past and they might extend it this year.
Old 12th April 2016, 18:36   #1868
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Identifying the new zone wasn't too difficult for me. I moved up 2 zones, but from what I understand there is a cap which limits it to one zone up.

However the form itself asks too many questions and appears flaky. I spent some time on it yesterday and finally decided not to break my head as an early adopter just to get the 5% rebate. In any case, BBMP has extended the rebate deadline in the past and they might extend it this year.
Thank you.

I referred to the following, and it turns out that my tax liability is lesser than what I paid last year. Something does not add up.

http://www.vijaypadiyar.in/blog/2016...e-in-bengaluru
Old 12th April 2016, 19:07   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I referred to the following, and it turns out that my tax liability is lesser than what I paid last year. Something does not add up.
How is this even possible?

Don't know about the others, but I have firmly decided that I am going to wait for the dust to settle.

Already it appears that many who paid through Canara Bank were not aware that the change of zone is capped at one zone above and so paid in excess. BBMP promised initially to refund but now they promise to credit against next year's tax dues.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:26   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
How is this even possible?

Don't know about the others, but I have firmly decided that I am going to wait for the dust to settle.

Already it appears that many who paid through Canara Bank were not aware that the change of zone is capped at one zone above and so paid in excess. BBMP promised initially to refund but now they promise to credit against next year's tax dues.
I have a BBMP office not too far from my house where I used to go pay the tax every year. This year, when I went to pay the tax, they printed out a challan and told me to pay it in Canara Bank. Am guessing they have everything updated so will not be getting any credit against next years tax dues, but the rate has gone up a bit
Old 12th April 2016, 20:46   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I have a BBMP office not too far from my house where I used to go pay the tax every year. This year, when I went to pay the tax, they printed out a challan and told me to pay it in Canara Bank. Am guessing they have everything updated so will not be getting any credit against next years tax dues, but the rate has gone up a bit
Till April 8, collection has only been 4 crore against 1,080 crore for the month of April last year. Article: A mammoth tax mess

I have been paying tax online for so many years and will try to avoid going to the BBMP office because every time I have gone there, I ended up wasting half a day.
Old 12th April 2016, 23:22   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Guys, has anyone heard of Clover Mark. One of their executives got my number and made a pitch for me to be a channel partner, but I turned it down not knowing anything about them. They are a property advisory firm
Old 22nd April 2016, 09:00   #1873
Senior - BHPian

"Crack down on illegal layouts in green belts, says George"
Deccan Herald 22-04-2016

Bengaluru Development Minister K J George on Thursday directed the revenue officials to take stringent action against those forming illegal residential layouts in green-belt areas.

The revenue officials cannot turn a blind eye to illegal layouts cropping up in green-belt areas around Bengaluru.

Developers are not only violating the law by forming layouts in green belts, but are also cheating gullible people by selling sites in those places, the minister said while chairing a review meeting of the Bengaluru Urban Zilla Panchayat (ZP). Earlier, Yelahanka MLA, S R Vishwanath, and nominated member of Bengaluru Urban ZP, Ramesh, complained that the officials were not taking any action against illegal layouts.

Several such layouts were coming up along the expressway leading to Kempegowda International Airport, at Bettadalsur and Jalahalli, Vishwanath added.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...uts-green.html
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:44   #1874
BHPian

Hey guys, I am planning to buy a flat in Prestige Tranquility over at Budigere Cross off Old Madras Road. I am aware that Prestige is a top builder, but there has been a lot of delays in the possession time mentioned by them. I am buying this apartment from the owner and I would like to know if anyone had anything to mention about this project?
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:24   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
Hey guys, I am planning to buy a flat in Prestige Tranquility over at Budigere Cross off Old Madras Road. I am aware that Prestige is a top builder, but there has been a lot of delays in the possession time mentioned by them. I am buying this apartment from the owner and I would like to know if anyone had anything to mention about this project?
Don't. There's a poultry farm right next door from which the feed pollutes the air terribly and then the budigere trash dump is right across.

You are better off with brigade golden Triangle which is just in the highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks