Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 08:11   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

We live in an apartment bang in the middle of tech corridor in AECS layout area. The area was pretty good till 3 years back. But gross commercialization has made the place unlivable. Hundreds of PGs and commercial activities popped up in the residential area. The place is looking like a college campus. Noise levels will make you mad.

That is why we decided to buy a property in the outskirts where peace of life is more important. The 'bang in the middle' of everything may not work out always. The new property is in a village area and is away from the crowd but with in reachable distance from my office and schools.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 08:36   #2297
Senior - BHPian

True that Poloman. This is my 18th year at Bangalore. We have lived at Vijayanagar for a year , BTM Layout for 3 years and moved to JP Nagar-6th phase in 2007. It was near the erstwhile 'Family Mart' junction and used to the be outskirts back then. 10 years in that place and having lived through the Metro constructions noise and dust and traffic, I was longing for some quietness and peace and took a decision of buying a property at a place near Kaggalipura, on Kanakapura Main Road. 3 years here and as a family we are enjoying it. It is quiet , green and expansive. The noise is just from the birds. The light pollution is just from the street lamps. Very minimal and rare dust related issues. I got used to the 100km round trip for my office. School is not too far away. Baleno comes in handy for the wifey who does regular runs for shopping or the off pick up and drop of my son.

Granted that people tell me that it is too far away , but I always ask them 'too far away from where , what ? '. I definitely see traffic increasing this side as well and the density going up , but am fairly confident that it will take a decade more before this place begins to look like a middle of somewhere kind of a place.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th July 2020 at 12:06. Reason: Formatting
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 09:19   #2298
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Guys, I am in need of some advice. I am looking to buy a plot of land in Bangalore for self use. The search is restricted to a particular area due to some uncompromisable factors. ...
Just want to make it clear, that I only want advice with respect to marketability and price differential when in comes to south facing plots in Bangalore.
@Santoshbhat - while there definitely seems to be a vastu based belief in Bangalore about these south facing and plots facing a T junction, I don't think there's any standard/ballpark for reduced rates that apply to such plots. These are mostly tactics applied by buyers and brokers to lower the price when negotiating.

If you really like the place and aren't a believer in vastu (south facing and T junction plots) I would say just go ahead.

I have a friend from Madurai who mentioned that in their community, they believe and specifically look for South facing plots when building a home!

Back to vastu, if you think of it as a pure science, I believe it doesn't really say south facing plots and T junction facing plots aren't good, etc. It basically tries to make recommendations for good cross ventilation and light flow through the home.

Last year, a friend was very particular about buying a plot in an upmarket residential area of Bangalore and the only one he could find was a T junction facing plot, he went ahead with the purchase and also built a nice, modern home and moved in recently.

In my own experience, all I can say is that with a north facing plot, it is easier to plan the layout to achieve vastu compliancy compared to South facing. With some more planning, one can build a vastu compliant home even in a South facing plot.

Last edited by NPV : 20th July 2020 at 09:24.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 09:37   #2299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Not too sure about it being sealed, I know of some people living there.
One building was definitely sealed - the building which has not seen any development. Not sure of the rest. Also knowing bbmp and the builders, grease at the right areas solves all problems .

Looks like the high court sided with Prestige

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le19814831.ece

Last edited by reignofchaos : 20th July 2020 at 09:40.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 10:42   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

First time I am hearing about this T junction taboo. Is it a vaastu thing or safety thing of vehicles running in to the house? I think planting one or two good solid trees will solve this problem.
I was seeing this as a positive thing since you have a larger uncluttered view from your house. The main problem with an independent non corner plot is that road is the only open side for your house.

Last edited by poloman : 20th July 2020 at 10:44.
Old 20th July 2020, 11:06   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
First time I am hearing about this T junction taboo. Is it a vaastu thing or safety thing of vehicles running in to the house? I think planting one or two good solid trees will solve this problem.
I was seeing this as a positive thing since you have a larger uncluttered view from your house. The main problem with an independent non corner plot is that road is the only open side for your house.
Can't believe I am giving Vastu gyan on T-BHP . Anyway, here goes. T junction plots are labelled as Vedhi shoola. Something about channeling negative energy into the house. With a normal road, the energy flow is unrestricted, but your house facing the road dead on, the flow is obstructed by the house.

When it comes to high budgets and house properties, nobody wants to take a chance and these things become a market reality whether we believe in it or not.
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 06:34   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
One building was definitely sealed - the building which has not seen any development. Not sure of the rest. Also knowing bbmp and the builders, grease at the right areas solves all problems .

Looks like the high court sided with Prestige

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le19814831.ece
Looks like it's been unsealed. They are marketing both the 4,000sf units in Tower-1 and 6,000sf units in Tower-2 at ~10k/sf.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:17   #2303

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Hi,
Need help in selecting between the two plots for end use.

Plot No 1- 40x50ft ( 222 sqyd ,2000sqft)

.................................................. ........

Can someone who knows about the plots, construction, real estate throw some light on this dilemma ?
Hello There,
It makes more sense to opt for the first plot though its a bit smaller in size as it offers open front side and park on other side. You would get more privacy and buffer area from neighbours. As you say it is cheaper as well. Being a last plot at the end of approach road and that too in a gated community should be considered as a pro instead of con as it implies peaceful residence.
You can choose to have a dead wall on corner plot thus reducing side margin and increasing built up area. Consult a good Architect before finalizing the purchase.
DusterBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 12:25   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Just want to make it clear, that I only want advice with respect to marketability and price differential when in comes to south facing plots in Bangalore.
We have one of these "junction plot" houses very near to my home. Wonderful house, with a large garden with fully grown trees in the front. It has been up for rental and does not attract the same interest that other properties up for rent do. So, this is a definite dampener on the marketability.

And additional point to keep in mind when looking at the benefits of an adjoining park is that, the nice greenery can be converted into a dry waste collection center for for BBMP to hold a local job fair, just like that.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 18:05   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusterBoy View Post
Hello There,

It makes more sense to opt for the first plot though its a bit smaller in size as it offers open front side and park on other side. You would get more privacy and buffer area from neighbours. As you say it is cheaper as well. Being a last plot at the end of approach road and that too in a gated community should be considered as a pro instead of con as it implies peaceful residence.

You can choose to have a dead wall on corner plot thus reducing side margin and increasing built up area. Consult a good Architect before finalizing the purchase.

Thanks and welcome to the forum ! I am leaning towards the plot#1 as it has few advantages.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 10:28   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
We have one of these "junction plot" houses very near to my home. Wonderful house, with a large garden with fully grown trees in the front. It has been up for rental and does not attract..
To the best of my knowledge, in NCR, these plots are called two-side-open/corner property and generally command premium.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 11:51   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
To the best of my knowledge, in NCR, these plots are called two-side-open/corner property and generally command premium.
One disadvantage of a corner site is that your setbacks increase as both roads are considered as front facing. Your build ability goes for a toss on smaller plots.
Old 27th July 2020, 12:30   #2308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can't believe I am giving Vastu gyan on T-BHP . Anyway, here goes. T junction plots are labelled as Vedhi shoola. Something about channeling negative energy into the house. With a normal road, the energy flow is unrestricted, but your house facing the road dead on, the flow is obstructed by the house.
There is way to counter it.

Go ahead and build a house and complete it ignoring inconvenient parts of Vastu. Then you must implement Vastu compensation. Install a Universal energy meter on all sides of the home. Connect it to a display in your living room. Since we know there is nothing to really measure, anything it shows (dark energy?) can be interpreted as a positive thing. Prepare a professional looking user manual to show your interpretations. Most will not try to dispute a guy who owns multiple vastu energy scanners. You can always shove the user manual in their face. List the bunch of shanti homas you have conducted to reverse the affect of bad vastu. Photos will greatly help, and the energy meter readings prove that the compensation strategies have worked.

Or you could go towards reverse pseudoscience. For example, I didn't conduct any pooja for my flat before I started living. When questioned by relatives, I said if the floor number is divisible by the 3rd prime (3 is a holy number), no such pooja is necessary. Prime makes it sound scientific too. Nobody argues back if it is said with total conviction. Faith bolstered by science is very holistic. So, come up with a whole bunch of such faith statements to counter every vastu violation, and you will be good. Only faith can fight faith, logic has no place there.

Also, look for other important features that can fight bad Vastu. For example, both my flat numbers have only prime numbers in them. One flat number is a 3 digit prime number. Just imagine, 3 digits (holy) and a prime, on a prime numbered floor, very very powerful. It rips through most of the bad effects of wrong vastu.

Last edited by Samurai : 27th July 2020 at 12:50. Reason: more info added
Samurai is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 12:56   #2309
Senior - BHPian

This used to be my constant fight with Dad (He lives in Udupi as well). Relatives call us for house warming, and my Dad's job is to tell them where all they have violated the Vastu. LOL. Imagine, someone is calling you home and you're warning them of consequences. He did the same to my dwelling as well, and I politely countered him (but he was never convinced). This energy meter idea of yours is a good advise. I have a query for this forum. If I have 25 Lakhs to buy land which is really safe in terms of paperwork (Even half site), where should I head to in Bangalore? Where are the cheap sites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There is way to counter it.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 13:14   #2310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If I have 25 Lakhs to buy land which is really safe in terms of paperwork (Even half site), where should I head to in Bangalore? Where are the cheap sites?
25L within Bangalore city is impossible. I sold a 60x40 site in 2017 for 25L near Jigani (beyond Bannerghatta park and Sarla Birla School), which is about 14 kms from IIM-B. Most of my neighbors there thought I sold it for a song, they were all waiting to get 35-40L. I sold it because I found it too far to everywhere.

The WFH has created lots of other possibilities. It is now possible to live in smaller greener towns while working for larger companies located in metros. See if you can consider it. For example, as I type this post from my home-office in Udupi, this is the view from my work desk at the prime numbered, prime floored apartment.

The Property / Real Estate Thread-img_20200727_120628.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 27th July 2020 at 13:15.
Samurai is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks