Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 08:02   #2176
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

As a rational person I have never understood the rules of Vaastu. Recently one random person in my apartment building pointed out that my flat is west facing, so the market price will be less if some day I try to sell it.

After some pondering, I told him only my flat door is facing west, towards the corridor. But all the balconies are east facing, from where I get all the natural lighting. Doesn't that count for something? In fact, my flat would be least affected by the intense south-west monsoon (flat is in the western coast) where the rain can fall almost horizontally all the way through the balcony doors. Plus I get nice morning sun, and can avoid the harsh afternoon sun entirely.

He was shaken by the practical truth of the argument, but he still weakly stuck to the west facing door theory.

How is vaastu interpreted in the above scenario, one front door matters over 3 balconies?
Old 10th April 2019, 10:23   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
As a rational person I have never understood the rules of Vaastu. Recently one random person in my apartment building pointed out that my flat is west facing, so the market price will be less if some day I try to sell it.
I too agree that a west facing flat, that is where the main door opens to the west is the ideal layout. According to vaasthu kitchen is supposed to be on the south east corner. The kitchen will have adequate ventilation and early morning to mid-afternoon sunshine will also provide natural light.
But the east facing plot/flat are supposed to be a better option according to vaasthu experts which has become a kind of trend since past 10 years.
Also the interpretation of vaasthu varies across regions and in Andhra first preference is east then west/north and last is south facing property.
Old 10th April 2019, 10:30   #2178
Team-BHP Support

I don't believe in Vaastu, my interest is mainly from how it affects the RE price of a flat. I had a hard time selling a west facing site some time ago, so I am aware of the financial implications of Vaastu, irrespective of my belief in it.
Old 10th May 2019, 12:48   #2179
BHPian

1. How is Salarpuria Sattva as a builder and compared to Purvankara?
2. Between Salarpuria Sattva Cadenza and Purva Westend (both at Kudlu gate) which one is recommended?
Old 10th May 2019, 21:41   #2180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
1. How is Salarpuria Sattva as a builder and compared to Purvankara?
2. Between Salarpuria Sattva Cadenza and Purva Westend (both at Kudlu gate) which one is recommended?
Isn't cadenza a newer property? I keep seeing both when i travel up and down that flyover.

What is the approach road like for westend? If i am not mistaken its terrible. And what is the overall density of flats there? It looks like a monstrous project when compared with cadenza. Cadenza approach road is quite wide and nice isn't it?

I would rate salarpuria above purva for the most part. I like what salarpuria has done lately, pretty tasteful stuff from the outside at least.

Since both are ready to occupy, haven't you had a chance to go have a look and see for yourself who has done a better job?
Old 10th May 2019, 21:54   #2181
BANNED

Quote:
As a rational person I have never understood the rules of Vaastu. Recently one random person in my apartment building pointed out that my flat is west facing, so the market price will be less.
He was shaken by the practical truth
How is vaastu interpreted in the above scenario, one front door matters over 3 balconies?
True. With so many interpretations and beliefs of the Vaastu system, I am having to come up with different versions of the truth whilst trying to rent out my property.
Old 12th May 2019, 12:32   #2182
BHPian

Has anyone here had any luck with investing in commercial real estate in Pune?

I'm considering my options on investing in commercial real estate - not large scale but to start small - possibly buy a shop/shoplike property in one of the new residential complexes and then let it out for small amounts of rent so that it becomes a continual source of income for years to come.

As part of my first level of research, I've turned to my trusted source of information - TeamBhpians.

Edit: I'd also like inputs on what all factors need to be considered and the risks involved (not limited to vacancy of the property).

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th May 2019 at 15:57. Reason: formatting
Old 13th May 2019, 11:15   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Isn't cadenza a newer property? I keep seeing both when i travel up and down that flyover.

What is the approach road like for westend? If i am not mistaken its terrible. And what is the overall density of flats there? It looks like a monstrous project when compared with cadenza. Cadenza approach road is quite wide and nice isn't it?

I would rate salarpuria above purva for the most part. I like what salarpuria has done lately, pretty tasteful stuff from the outside at least.

Since both are ready to occupy, haven't you had a chance to go have a look and see for yourself who has done a better job?

-Both are new.
-Approach for Westend is through the main road only, the one where the Metro construction is going on. Total flats-735 in 8.25 acres. Cadenza is 513 flats in 6 acres. Yes approach for Cadenza is pretty good and from 3 sides

-Looked at both. Approximately the same price, through Westend insists I buy 2 parking slots@3lakh each mandatorily.

Wanted to know the opinion in terms of builder reputation and building quality. Thanks, appreciate the response.
Old 13th May 2019, 15:03   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I'm considering my options on investing in commercial real estate - not large scale but to start small - possibly buy a shop/shoplike property in one of the new residential complexes and then let it out for small amounts of rent so that it becomes a continual source of income for years to come.
Renting out for small commercial properties has a high risk. It is always difficult to vacate a commercial establishment and most part of the law sides with the business than the property owner.
Old 13th May 2019, 15:14   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Renting out for small commercial properties has a high risk. It is always difficult to vacate a commercial establishment and most part of the law sides with the business than the property owner.
As long as the agreement is clear, you are safe. Commercial property is much more risky as the popularity of locations is not a given. Example: Brigade road, once upon a time was the hip location in Bangalore. Now, not so much. Most action has moved to indira nagar. Commercial shops are also affected by neighbours. If you run a medical shop, where most customers are kids or women or old people and a wine shop opens next to it, your foot fall is likely to decline significantly.
Old 13th May 2019, 16:27   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post

As part of my first level of research, I've turned to my trusted source of information - TeamBhpians.

Edit: I'd also like inputs on what all factors need to be considered and the risks involved (not limited to vacancy of the property).
Our company has rented several commercial properties out in Mumbai.

Some points:
1) Get a property on the ground floor, with direct access from the road, and no view obstruction (such as trees, etc.). If there is parking available just nearby it is a big plus.

2) Your Agreement's need to be water tight. I would prefer renting to an MNC / Bank, with a fixed tenure and lock-in period. So far we have had no issue with the tenant not vacating the property.

3) Choosing the right location is key! You want a property that has a lot of footfall generated - so maybe a commercial business district, or an established residential neighborhood. Yes, there are chances that CBD will shift but it will not happen overnight and there will be enough warning signs for you to be able to sell the property and buy another one in a new locality.

4) When calculating rental income - keep in mind the hidden costs like property tax, maintenance charges, etc.

5) In Mumbai, an increasingly popular option is to take rent in the form of a percentage of revenue earned by your tenant.
This comes with it's own risks as compared to a traditional lease model. If you feel the rent offered is on the lower side, you could explore this option as well. To help mitigate the risk, you could add a minimum guaranteed rent option or a percentage of revenue earned - whatever is higher.
Old 14th May 2019, 10:04   #2187
BHPian

Thanks for the pointers. At the moment I'm considering purchasing a small shop in one of the upcoming apartment buildings from a decently reputed builder to avoid issues with the paperwork. It may not turn out to be a more profitable deal but it might help me learn the ropes a little. It may also help me with the issue of footfalls that was mentioned in the previous post.

So far this is just a little research. I will come back to you helpful folks when I have more questions.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:43   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Vastu principles don't apply to flats I guess. Your rationale is bang on, and even I'm of the opinion that as long as the flat is bathed in natural light and the cross ventilation is bringing in cool air, there should be no problem. But at the time of selling, when you mention the front door is facing west, the discussion stops right there. Nobody uses common sense in this regard!

Quote:
As a rational person I have never understood the rules of Vaastu.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th May 2019 at 13:35. Reason: Line spacing
Old 16th May 2019, 12:12   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a rational person I have never understood the rules of Vaastu.

He was shaken by the practical truth of the argument, but he still weakly stuck to the west facing door theory.

This is what a normal person would do, neither he will try to understand nor restrain from misleading others.

The first rule is to see the direction to which your plot or flat is facing, we do not have space to align all properties to east or north direction. The rule is not to install the Main door in south west block, this direction is considered inauspicious for the house owner.

I too did not believe in Vastu theory till 2017. I was trapped in a web of versatile problems after constructing a house, then tried to understand the basics principles of Vastu. I later made minor corrections and it worked.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th May 2019 at 13:36. Reason: formatting for better readability
Old 17th May 2019, 00:08   #2190
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This is what a normal person would do, neither he will try to understand nor restrain from misleading others.

I too did not believe in Vastu theory till 2017. I was trapped in a web of versatile problems after constructing a house, then tried to understand the basics principles of Vastu. I later made minor corrections and it worked.
Your belief is what makes you think so sir (I am into construction).

The only reason we follow vastu is, a big herd is following it, and if you want to sell or keep others mouth shut, you need to follow vastu.

Any plot, be it North, South, West or East is not inauspicious; as per vastu, only odd dimension plots are inauspicious.

Always keep one thing in mind, to have a proper 100% vastu complaint house, the plot size should be very very big and not even 5% of the population can afford such a big plot. (atleast in bangalore)

I know people who are without any issues (financial, happiness, health) living in a vastu non-complaint house. On the contrary, there are no people who all 100% without any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks