Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2018, 23:14   #2131
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, i am nearing 40 and property/land bug has finally bit me. Looking for a decent 2/3 bhk apartments in and around Chennai. Budget less the better, but not to the lowest but to a mid range.

Any leads, suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I am looking for a flat in Chennai in a particular area, and most of the houses in that area are resale flats.
I am also in the same boat now and looking to finally place my money on a flat in Chennai. Please let me know if you come across any good properties. Last year I was on the verge of booking a flat in L&T Eden Park near Siruseri Sipcot but backed out at the last moment due to various reasons.

One more thing I noticed is the moment you tell the builders that you are NRI, the rates became not negotiable and also various charges are added to that.

Last edited by hema4saran : 15th November 2018 at 23:18.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:34   #2132
BHPian

Hi All

I have booked a property in Bangalore and am gearing up for delivery of the same. As part of delivery, i was wondering if there is a PDI for house just like the one for motor vehicles. If so, can someone share it with me

Also, i have heard of agencies which do this as a service like Nemmadi. Should i be looking at availing this service

Any help on this would be great
Old 4th January 2019, 14:36   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
I am also in the same boat now and looking to finally place my money on a flat in Chennai. Please let me know if you come across any good properties. Last year I was on the verge of booking a flat in L&T Eden Park near Siruseri Sipcot but backed out at the last moment due to various reasons.

One more thing I noticed is the moment you tell the builders that you are NRI, the rates became not negotiable and also various charges are added to that.
Hi - I am in the process of looking for a buyer for my property. It is not an apartment complex, but a stand alone apartment. Please PM me if you are interested
Old 14th January 2019, 21:05   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersariya87 View Post
Hello Folks!

I am planning to buy an apartment 2.5 or 3 BHK for personal use in Gurgaon. Me and my wife have been searching for right property since last 4 months and almost every weekend we head out for search.
All this search has increased our confusion as the property worth and value seems miles apart.
So just posting to know if any fellow bhpian has used the services or any trusted broker/advisor in Gurgaon
Hi Ambersariya87, I have just started looking for properties in Gurgaon for personal use as well. Can you please let me know what parameters did you consider before finalising the property and where exactly have you finalised? I am getting a pretty sweet deal in DLF Skycourt and Bestech Park View in New Gurgaon but I am a little skeptical investing so far off from central gurgaon. Did you consider SPR or Golf Course extension area?

drive_angry
Old 16th January 2019, 18:26   #2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I came across the concept of fractional property investment.
propertyshare.in

Has any expert evaluated this?
Anyone had any further experience with them? looks like they have been around enough by now.
Old 16th January 2019, 22:02   #2136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Though the idea is interesting, it carries huge risks. I read an article about such crowd funded real estate investments form Tech Crunch. There is in fact another start up doing this (https://brickvest.com/). Just thought it might be interesting to share this here!
The problem with these is transparency. You have no say or visibility in the actual rental revenue and how much in proportion actually reaches you after deductions like handling charges, maintenance etc. Am sure a lot is creamed off.

Some builders offer this for their commercial complexes rather like a mutual fund. I think the annual return was around 5% excluding capital appreciation. A friend of mine invested but existed as he felt he could do better.

I have invested in a fractional ownership scheme for pre-project financing. This group ties up with builders and gets the best lawyers to validate the papers. The risk centres around the project timelines. You need to do the research on the builder you are investing in. I thankfully did not opt for the project with Nitesh Builders who is allegedly running aground.

After 3 years, these folks seek a buyout of your share by a financial institution who will hold and sell on. I will know what returns I will get towards the second half of the year.

Dont buy blindly, ensure you know the relevant detail.

Last edited by ajmat : 16th January 2019 at 23:09.
Old 20th January 2019, 10:53   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hi Ambersariya87, I have just started looking for properties in Gurgaon for personal use as well. Can you please let me know what parameters did you consider before finalising the property and where exactly have you finalised? I am getting a pretty sweet deal in DLF Skycourt and Bestech Park View in New Gurgaon but I am a little skeptical investing so far off from central gurgaon. Did you consider SPR or Golf Course extension area?

drive_angry
Hi drive_angry,

We are still searching! We were primarily searching in new Gurgaon sectors (77,81 till 90) due to budget constraints. SPR properties were never close to our budget so never looked at them. But recently, I got a call from broker for AIPL property at pretty sweet rate. The parameters we considered are:-

Budget
Layout of flat
Construction quantity
Maintenance
Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards
Ambersariya
Old 21st January 2019, 15:59   #2138
BHPian

Hello Gents -

Unable to find a buyer for our Pune flat, we've decided to rent it out for couple of years. Now, the tenant is asking for a. modular kitchen and b. concealed A/C copper pipes to be installed.

Can someone who has first hand experience please give me a sense of how much I can expect to spend on these two items?

Kitchen slabs are 10 ft on each side of the kitchen and need to be covered. Also, additional storage is required over head, like in most standard kitchens. Also, the concealed A/C piping is required for 3 bedrooms and at this point, I'm assuming that length will be 10 ft * 3 i.e. 30 ft.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 28th January 2019, 19:27   #2139
BHPian

Anyone bought (or living in) Godrej Platinum Hebbal or Salarpuria Luxuria Malleswaram in Bangalore?. I would appreciate any feedback.

Btw I visited quite a few apartments in North Bangalore. I noticed that the occupancy level is very low. And the majority of the residents are renters. I wonder why its so.
Old 28th January 2019, 19:52   #2140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post

Btw I visited quite a few apartments in North Bangalore. I noticed that the occupancy level is very low. And the majority of the residents are renters. I wonder why its so.
Luxuria has been around for a long time, please check water supply situation because the brigade set up next door has juiced out all the ground water. Also i did not like Luxuria almost overseeing the road and traffic with no lung space.

Most folks living there are more or less recent migrant population who have not yet decided to call bangalore home. Add also the fact that north bangalore has still not kicked off office spaces in a big way unless someone decides to set up a mega tech park there (will happen soon by embassy).

The oldest bangalore areas (jayanagar, hsr, etc) as well as the recently older bangalore (whitefield, sarjapur, near manyata tech park) see occupation by owners by a big margin (bangaloreans by birth as well as those who have decided to call bangalore home in the past decade, and have decided to buy a home in the past 5 years).

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th January 2019 at 19:54.
Old 30th January 2019, 09:02   #2141
BHPian

Thanks a lot Red Liner for the useful info. You are right. It has been around for a long time. But there are a few unused units. Thanks for the warning on the possible water issue. I missed it. Btw even I am not very impressed with Luxuria. However there are not too many options if one has the following requirements. 1) North Bangalore 2) Ready to move but having unused 3bhk units 3) > 100 units and <500 total number of units in the building.
Hence I considered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Luxuria has been around for a long time, please check water supply situation because the brigade set up next door has juiced out all the ground water. Also i did not like Luxuria almost overseeing the road and traffic with no lung space.

Most folks living there are more or less recent migrant population who have not yet decided to call bangalore home. Add also the fact that north bangalore has still not kicked off office spaces in a big way unless someone decides to set up a mega tech park there (will happen soon by embassy).

The oldest bangalore areas (jayanagar, hsr, etc) as well as the recently older bangalore (whitefield, sarjapur, near manyata tech park) see occupation by owners by a big margin (bangaloreans by birth as well as those who have decided to call bangalore home in the past decade, and have decided to buy a home in the past 5 years).
Old 30th January 2019, 09:13   #2142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
However there are not too many options if one has the following requirements. 1) North Bangalore 2) Ready to move but having unused 3bhk units 3) > 100 units and <500 total number of units in the building.
Hence I considered it.
I think there are plenty. You just need to widen the search or give a couple of property agents a call (get their pricing, and then always meet the builder directly to get theirs). One example is the karle towers apartments adjacent to manyata tech park. Might fit all your requirements.

Happy hunting
Old 30th January 2019, 09:47   #2143
BHPian

Trust me. There arent too many options. :-) I have already researched quite a bit.
Good to see you recommending karle. Actually I have seen it. Very impressed and less expensive. But the drainage right next to it is a big let down. They say they are working with the bbmp to close it. I still haven't ruled karle out. I have also considered SNN Clermont. (They say its almost ready). Do you have any feedback on this?. The only other option is godrej platinum which again is a compromise. Because the area a concrete jungle. Also the busy airport road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think there are plenty. You just need to widen the search or give a couple of property agents a call (get their pricing, and then always meet the builder directly to get theirs). One example is the karle towers apartments adjacent to manyata tech park. Might fit all your requirements.

Happy hunting

Last edited by adithya.kp : 30th January 2019 at 09:51.
Old 30th January 2019, 10:35   #2144
Senior - BHPian

How many folks here are interested in/considering buying a farm with/without a house, away from town? Why/why not?

I'm personally moving to Coorg in about 5 years' time for good, and will visit Bangalore from there once in a while. Great food, clean air and water, and lots of green spaces. We could have created our cities so differently.
Old 30th January 2019, 10:49   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Am residing currently in a 2bhk in south Bangalore(near bannerghata road) which I received possession around 2014. Back in 2011 when I booked it, had hopes that Electronic city would see some decent IT firms but lately the picture looks too grim this side & the future ain't too bright either. However seems like all the action going forward is about to happen in North Bangalore. Quite a few big names are opening up their dedicated campuses in the new airport road along with a new IT park(Ecopolis?). Even currently didn't have much options in EC to change , so had to take up a job in ORR. Now I commute 22-23kms a day(one way). In future(maybe 3 years down the line) I would need a bigger house(3bhk atleast) and hence decided to look for options around North Bangalore.

In my current society(2000+ flats) we have Kaveri, Boring(god knows how much it works) and Tankers coming in. Pretty decent greenery all around and its relatively calm compared to the hot-spots making life easier. Electricity is on & off during summers, but 24/7 generator supply helps. Any idea how is the water and electricity supply situation around that side? Am in no hurry as of now but need to start keeping track of upcoming projects. I don't mind investing in new projects which have a horizon of 3 years in completion. Would prefer a relatively average size society(500+ flats) with decent amenities(swimming pool & squash court are my primary requirements) & green cover inside the campus. And ofcourse commute anything less than 15kms one way(considering my next job would be around Hebbal/airport road).

Appreciate some suggestions & what kind of budget should I be looking it? Am looking at anything around 70-80L range. Is that good enough?

Last edited by SoumenD : 30th January 2019 at 10:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks