Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 12:46   #2056
Senior - BHPian

L&T Raintree, Hebbal, Bangalore

Friends, just curious, are there any members here who plan to or already booked a house within L&T Raintree, Hebbal ? The project is in full swing, expected to complete between March to June 2019. I love to connect to someone off the thread. Thanks !
Old 12th February 2018, 14:37   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Experts,

Any information on the charges incurred for gift deed of property from Husband to Spouse? I am told it depends on State to state. Any input in this regards related to Maharashtra state is highly appreciated.
Old 12th February 2018, 14:42   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts,

Any information on the charges incurred for gift deed of property from Husband to Spouse? I am told it depends on State to state. Any input in this regards related to Maharashtra state is highly appreciated.
In 2014, I remember paying around 2k as government fee. But this was in Karnataka though.
Old 12th February 2018, 14:53   #2059
BHPian

Does anybody have an idea about the differences in current property rates between Hyderabad and Bangalore.

Especially i am looking at the price of a new 3BHK in a reasonable area from a good builder. In Bangalore a new 3BHK from a Prestige or Brigade in an area like Whitefield is around 1.2-1.4 Crore range. I was wondering what would a similar flat ( similar location/builder ) cost in Hyderabad ?
Old 18th February 2018, 16:08   #2060
BHPian

How is Pune at the moment for say a 2 BHk as an investment (and I could stay there as well). Is there plenty of unsold inventory? Looking for either a 2 bhk or a plot and build a villa. what should make for a better investment.

Also, has anyone bought a plot and erected a prefab house/ container home on it? Seems like a very doable option these container homes are available for around 2 - 4 lakhs. And a plot for around 10. Seems to be a good option.

Any suggestions/ anything to watch out for?
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:31   #2061
BHPian

Has anyone invested or have any idea about Dwarka L zone area? I had been there last week and saw some development being started related to upcoming embassy offices.
Old 6th March 2018, 15:40   #2062
Team-BHP Support

I need to get a registered GPA done for property purchase. Who is the right person for this? Real estate lawyer or public notary or document writer? Also, what is the stamp duty on GPA?

Last edited by Samurai : 6th March 2018 at 15:45.
Old 6th March 2018, 17:38   #2063
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I need to get a registered GPA done for property purchase. Who is the right person for this? Real estate lawyer or public notary or document writer? Also, what is the stamp duty on GPA?
Real estate lawyer. I can recommend one if you want. Stamp duty for non direct relative is extremely high 30%
Old 16th March 2018, 15:42   #2064
BHPian

Hi all - seeking your opinion on 1 BHK in Bangalore. Some of the new projects are offering 1 bhk apartments. For a nuclear family like me we feel a 700 sq.ft apartment is sufficient. I am starting to explore some projects. Your opinions and feedback on getting a 1 bhk in Bangalore please .
Old 16th March 2018, 15:45   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi all - seeking your opinion on 1 BHK in Bangalore. Some of the new projects are offering 1 bhk apartments. For a nuclear family like me we feel a 700 sq.ft apartment is sufficient. I am starting to explore some projects. Your opinions and feedback on getting a 1 bhk in Bangalore please .
I am not sure about 1bhk apartment, but at the same time, try and see if you can stretch for a 2BHK (750 sq.ft carpet is a decent size given what apartments I've seen in Mumbai). It may serve your needs for that much longer.
Old 16th March 2018, 15:57   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
No. I would say avoid 1bhk if you intend to live in it. I bought a 2bhk in Bangalore way back in 2011 while I was pretty young and ofcourse a bachelor. Got possession in 2014 (was on time) , and then flew abroad for a couple of years. Didn't put it up on rent for personal reasons.

Now I am back in India and married. we are just 2 of us( pretty nuclear). It's alright while we are just two but now parents having retired they visit us for around 3-4 months a year and although it doesn't cause a problem I am wondering what would the situation be in future when we plan a family. You definitely need that extra bedroom.

So my suggestion even if parents aren't staying for that long at least look at a 2bhk. 1 extra bedroom is always good to have for everyone to have sufficient space at the end of day.
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:52   #2067
BHPian

Hi all

I visited a new property coming up in JP Nagar Phase 2. This is near Bigbazaar and Woody's and is called Penninsula Heights. It is being developed by Pirmal Group who have done a lot of commercial work in Mumbai. The construction is in full swing and possession is slated for Mar 2019.

Does anybody have an idea about this property as we are interested and close to booking an apartment here
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:59   #2068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi all

I visited a new property coming up in JP Nagar Phase 2. This is near Bigbazaar and Woody's and is called Penninsula Heights. It is being developed by Pirmal Group who have done a lot of commercial work in Mumbai. The construction is in full swing and possession is slated for Mar 2019.

Does anybody have an idea about this property as we are interested and close to booking an apartment here
No idea about this project, but if it helps - Peninsula Land is part of the Ashok Piramal Group of companies (there are two Piramal's in the real estate space), and they've executed several quality landmarks in Mumbai over the years.

Haven't heard many negatives about the company except for their first few projects which had some delays (but on completion, they still command a significant premium to neighbouring properties).
Old 31st March 2018, 02:36   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Do we have a buying a home/property thread for USA?
Old 31st March 2018, 20:45   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
No. I would say avoid 1bhk if you intend to live in it.
+1 to that.
My personal opinion after having brought a house is not to buy a house till you retire, instead stay in rented flats!
The reason is as below
1) Your personal requirement for a house will change as you age/lifestyle changes- when you are a bachelor/just married a small house works better, as you start the family (kids) you need additional room, as your kids grow, they need individual room, then you will have your parents/in-laws coming once a while so you need an extra room or convertible room..., then you retire and if your kids have gone out pursuing their own life, you are left to fend for yourselves, now having a 1 b/r house makes tremendous sense!
2) 2ndly the location of your house - at the beginning of your work/family life you need your house to be close to city centre or happening places, when your kids start schooling, you want to be near their school & closer to your retirement you want to be close to your office and finally far away from the crowd! getting all of this at one place is not that easy!
3) Financially buying a house on loan is a bad strategy(many of us do that), instead stay rented invest elsewhere where your money can grow & you have enough money for your retirement!

If at all possible one should look at a place where they can live permanently, that means a place where they are happy to retire! Buy a piece of land if possible at that place and start constructing your house as you get closer to your retirement!

Buying a house/building a house is an emotionally charged decision not financially sound one. It is sad that financial health is not something that comes to easily to many of us, that includes me as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks