Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 16:50   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
I have gone through this when I bought my apartment 8 years back. Back then also 5-10 year old property in a good location costed the same as a new apartment in not so prime location. My observation is that the premium is for the location and the accessibility to various institutions and services.
Yes I concur to your observation for same floor space area and amenities builders are able to sell for higher price.

It is finally about who is selling. Any decent builder will have a dedicated sales teams with trained manpower. People in our country love bargaining but as a behavior people in India are unable to bargain much in organized setup as against an individual ;example shopping vegetables from a mall vs from a push cart. Same behavior is displayed in resale of property as well.ar

If you see any online media or magazine articles they will always educate people about age of structure or how bad in general it is to buy in 10 year old building, but while selling you are educated on how age of RCC structure is 100 years . Needless to say all the weekly property related articles in leading newspapers are paid news and big builders pay for that 8 page colorful supplement.

if you go to any builder they will show you available flats as if everything is sold out and only 2/3 are available. This is a time tested strategy to remove conundrum of choice and giving comfort to customer in mass behavior as he does not feel alone in making a choice.
In case of individual sale you can not play with psychology and close sale that easily.

Last edited by amitk26 : 30th April 2018 at 16:53.
Old 7th May 2018, 19:08   #2087
Senior - BHPian

There is a flat near me office from a very reputed builder. The flat should be about approximately 3 years old. There are still apartments for sale board on these flats and 0% GST offer also written on a huge board.

I am not able to understand why these flats are not sold. The price seems a little higher, but the 0% GST should counter that. The flats are pre-approved by SBI loans as well.

I know I would get a good rental income from these.

So why are these flats not sold?
Old 8th May 2018, 17:51   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
The apartment is in LB Shastri Nagar , Kaggadasapura.
Will PM you for details. I am starting to look at houses and am okay for resell if it suits my budget.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:43   #2089
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Will PM you for details. I am starting to look at houses and am okay for resell if it suits my budget.
I have shared the details.

@amitk26 , true that . Resale property , always has a "second hand" feeling in our minds. I have realized that if scrutinized and bought , a resale property might be better buy .

@govigov , could you please share the details of the property / flat , which would help others to comment ?

Last edited by R.G : 9th May 2018 at 11:53.
Old 30th May 2018, 12:11   #2090
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone sold their house in a city? Would like to hear the experience, particularly if they got the price they expected. Not looking for specifics, of course. Just curious if the 'value' quoted when you go to buy a house in a particular locality is anywhere near what you can expect to get when you try to sell that same property.
Old 30th May 2018, 12:41   #2091
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There will always be a gap between the "ideal" valuation of the buyer and seller. A deal happens when both parties have realistic expectations and are willing to scale down/up during the negotiations.
Old 30th May 2018, 12:55   #2092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
There will always be a gap between the "ideal" valuation of the buyer and seller. A deal happens when both parties have realistic expectations and are willing to scale down/up during the negotiations.
Yes, thank you.

Which is why I'm looking for real experiences. Someone who actually listed their property for sale and ended up getting 'x%' of the expected. Looking for rough percentage numbers. Too much anecdotal information going around.

Hoping for some actual seller experiences.
Old 30th May 2018, 14:25   #2093
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Yes, thank you.

Which is why I'm looking for real experiences. Someone who actually listed their property for sale and ended up getting 'x%' of the expected. Looking for rough percentage numbers. Too much anecdotal information going around.

Hoping for some actual seller experiences.
I think that depends on a number of factors and there is no standard % that can applied. Some things could be:

1. As a seller, you will be looking at the recievable amount, say 50 lakhs...but thats not the way the buyer will see it. He sees it as 55 lacs outgo as 10% goes in registration charges. This itself brings in a 10% diff in the valuation.

2. Are you willing to buy the same house at the rate you quote with the 10% extra mentioned above?

3. What are the neighboring similar properties quoting? Is that a reasonable price and will you buy it?

There could be other intagibles like larger/smaller car park, higher/lower floor, vastu,etc,etc for which there is no rational value. Each person puts a different number based on their belief.
Old 22nd June 2018, 17:48   #2094
BHPian

Does anybody know about Purva Atria and Purva Atria Platina in RMV 2nd Stage Bangalore? . What is the fair price of a 3BHK? . (I am not talking about the quoted price, but the price at which transactions happening)
Old 16th July 2018, 15:06   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

For those looking for Khata in Karnataka / Bangalore, I was told that Homeshikari.com provides this service. ( It is a TTK company)
Old 16th July 2018, 16:18   #2096
BHPian

guys wanted to know on the status is RERA in Karnataka.
Has it got implemented fully? Any complaints being filed as on date or are there still some issues that need to be ironed out.
Old 16th July 2018, 16:33   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The real estate market is really bad, especially in Kerala.

There is a builder's Cartel in Trivandrum which is holding the prices up and are not selling below a certain price, but if you look at olx you might find that some of these flats are advertised there.

Its a reasonably good time to buy, but with the present market conditions I would hold on to my money a little bit more as its expected to tumble further.

Pramod
Old 16th July 2018, 20:08   #2098
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am not able to understand why these flats are not sold.
From what I know, reasons are lesser money coming in to Kerala from people working abroad and also a demand-supply scenario (supply is much more now).

However, the larger real estate companies also kind of know how to hedge their funds, complete projects and still try to hold on to higher prices by playing the inflated/artificial demand card. Unless these companies get into a bad cash flow situation, they may not come down on their pricing.

However, if you do find something being sold by the land owners (who have their share of flats from joint development projects) you may find something more closer to reality/fairer in terms of prices.
Old 10th August 2018, 23:35   #2099
BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a flat in Delhi, any leads will be welcome or if anyone is selling any flat pls let me know.
Amit
Old 10th August 2018, 23:58   #2100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi guys, I am looking to buy a flat in Delhi, any leads will be welcome or if anyone is selling any flat pls let me know.
Amit
Most of the flats in good localities are really expensive. I will recommend you to look for a flat in the NCR region. Maybe near NOIDA or in Gurgaon. There are lot of places in Gurgaon which are not developed at par when compared with others, but in the coming years, they will definitely be equally developed. It is just a suggestion and you can decide according to your convenience. By the way, if you want it to be in Delhi, I will recommend Dwarka as it is really well laid out and you can find all the resources here and there are many new societies which are under construction and some are at the final stages of the construction.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed