Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 19:09   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
A couple of queries:
1. We have tried out our regular North Indian food joints in and around Indiranagar( kund, roomali, treat,raaga). Are there any decent mid range( about Rupee 250 per head) north indian places that folks recommend in these areas? Even outer ring road is ok, frankly no idea on good ones hence posting here
You can try Ruchi, cambridge layout. You can try it for a change.
Mast Kalandar is crowded too, though I didn't like the food personally.

Quote:
2. Can someone guide me on decent clubs where the crowd is decent and one can recommend folks who are from outside india to visit? Somewhere there is a disc, decent food and decent crowd. In my list are Fuga, HINT, Amnesia. Any other places folks can tell( not sure if there is a thread for this or a site that one can look up also)
13th Floor on Barton Center. I am not much into music so can't comment on that but as far as the ambiance goes its good, I have taken some colleagues and they liked it.
Old 6th October 2010, 19:55   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. We have tried out our regular North Indian food joints in and around Indiranagar( kund, roomali, treat,raaga). Are there any decent mid range( about Rupee 250 per head) north indian places that folks recommend in these areas? Even outer ring road is ok, frankly no idea on good ones hence posting here
A very tasty North Indian vegetarian restaurant is in CMH Road, called Gokul Kuteera (above Health & Glow). Just walkable distance from Raaga's restaurant.
Its not expensive and the price is reasonable.

You will love the taste, once you go there.

-Ravi
Old 19th October 2010, 14:21   #1503
MCR
BHPian

Planning to Visit Sahib, Sind, Sultan at Forum Mall on Thursday evening. I hope the food and the ambience are as good as the reviews. Has any BHPian visited this place before?
Old 19th October 2010, 14:43   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Planning to Visit Sahib, Sind, Sultan at Forum Mall on Thursday evening. I hope the food and the ambience are as good as the reviews. Has any BHPian visited this place before?
It is good. I found the ambiance to be better than the food. I last went there around a year ago, so don't know if prices have increased, but you can be expected to spend around Rs.1,000 for a meal for two.

When you are there, try and get a table in the 'Dining Car'/Coach instead of the platform. The Dining Car tries to recreate the ambiance of 19th century dining coaches on trains.

Hope you have booked a table in advance. Normally tables are hard to get on weekend. Don't know abut Thursday evenings though.

And there is no buffet, only a-la-carte.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:53   #1505
BHPian

Anyone tried punjabi rasoi at kammanahalli. Coming from ORR, after KFC (right hand side) take a left turn, turn right before barista. Go straight around 1km you will see a medical shop (left hand side, near a intersection) after the medical shop, its this restaurant.

Its run by an old uncle ji. very nice chap. He claims he cooks himself. I saw him making aaloo gobi and it was delicious almost close to home cooked food.

(take away order) For 140, you get, 1 dal makhni, 1 aaloo gobi / bharta + 4 tawa roti. The quantity of dal & sabzi is sufficient for 2 people. Dal makhni is amazing stuff.

Clean kitchen, simple design, no dramas

Serves veg, Non-veg (havent tried it yet)
Old 19th October 2010, 18:10   #1506
BHPian

@quadra, we frequent the Punjabi Rasoi at HSR. Is it run by the same group?

The food here is simply awesome, like you said more like a home made food and we love it.
Old 19th October 2010, 19:02   #1507
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
It is good. I found the ambiance to be better than the food. I last went there around a year ago, so don't know if prices have increased, but you can be expected to spend around Rs.1,000 for a meal for two.

When you are there, try and get a table in the 'Dining Car'/Coach instead of the platform. The Dining Car tries to recreate the ambiance of 19th century dining coaches on trains.

Hope you have booked a table in advance. Normally tables are hard to get on weekend. Don't know abut Thursday evenings though.

And there is no buffet, only a-la-carte.
Thanks for the heads up info avi550m. I will reserve the table tomorrow. I will definitely ask for "dining car" seats.
Old 19th October 2010, 19:20   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The ambience is very good and I found the food also to be very good. The service is quite good, as to be expected from a restaurant of this type. I had visited this place on my wedding anniversary last year. When you fill up the feedback form, they ask details for your anniversary date, birthday etc. When they noticed that it was our anniversary, they gave us a complimentary cake and wished us, which was a nice touch . The total cost for 2 people came to around 1600 Rs for us.

Like Avi has said, you need to book in advance.

Last edited by Newpunter : 19th October 2010 at 19:22.
Old 19th October 2010, 22:38   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I had visited this place on my wedding anniversary last year. When you fill up the feedback form, they ask details for your anniversary date, birthday etc. When they noticed that it was our anniversary, they gave us a complimentary cake and wished us, which was a nice touch .
Visited this place (SSS) for my GF's birthday. I had told them on phone when booking the table that its her bday. There was surprise cake that they got when we went there next day complete with a birthday song. Truly special service.

Their 'Kachcha Ghosht ki Biryani' is really something to drool for.
Old 22nd October 2010, 21:54   #1510
BHPian

My personal favorites are:

1. empire - Chain of hotels (Kerala delicacy)
2. Legacy of punjab, RR Mohan roy road (North Indian Fav.)
3. Suggi, Basaveshwaranagar (If you love malnad food)
4. Barbeque Nation, Koramangala (Tandoor delicacies)
5. Anand Bhavan A2B restaurant (Veg delicacies) - They have a chain throughout bangalore. I tried only in Rajajinagar and Vijayanagar. Interesting fact about this restaurant is Rajajinagar outlet is very good but Vijayanagar the same food tastes bad.
6. Hotel Ashoka and Hotel Taj westend (buffet lunch)
Old 28th October 2010, 22:51   #1511
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post

Found yet another VFM restaurant on the Jyoti nivas road, its called mani's dum biriyani. The biryani is good, but not excellent. The quantity is very good and the fried chicken wings are pretty nice too. Stay away from the prawn items though. The best part is the price of the dish includes the taxes. liked the fresh lime soda there.
Mani's Dum Biryani is definitely great value for money - Their Chicken Biryani comes with 2 leg pieces and for 119 bucks the quantity and quality of the Biryani is fantastic. If they improve the ambience, this place can become even more popular.
Old 29th October 2010, 05:56   #1512
Team-BHP Support

After hearing rave reviews about Meghna's Restaurant in Koramangala, we decided to try out the place last Sunday.

A expected, there was a huge queue waiting, and when we were informed of our seats, we went in as per the table mentioned by the guy outside. However, inside we found no place, and the waiter inside mentioned we should ask the guy outside. :O
We then decided, lets rather go in for takeaway.

Ordered Hyderabadi chicken biriyanis which reached us in reasonable time. Went home with high hopes of excellent biriyani, but it failed to impress.

I personally feel the biriyani which is served at other outlets such as Hyderabadi Biriyani is much better,and authentic to true Hyderabadi cuisine, rather than Meghnas.

A small shop called Biriyani Day at Marathalli also serves much better hyderabadi biriyani IMO.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:58   #1513
BHPian

Yesterday we been to Silver metro for dinner with colleagues. Restaurant is ambience's is good. Made to resemble Metro rail. Too crowded. Being non-vegetarian I can say vegetarian food tasty but limited number of options.
Old 29th October 2010, 11:00   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Yesterday we been to Silver metro for dinner with colleagues. Restaurant is ambience's is good. Made to resemble Metro rail. Too crowded. Being non-vegetarian I can say vegetarian food tasty but limited number of options.
Raghu, where is this place ?
How abt the Price , VFM ??
Old 29th October 2010, 11:08   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Please try chicken biriyani at Richi's (name changed now) @ Frazer town.(ahead of Apollo clinic)

I try to visit this place when ever i am in that part of Bangalore, his chicken kebab's are amazing too.

Most Viewed