Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 16:25   #1471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You could try the Grille House near Ulsoor Lake/Taj Residency, or Millers-46 on Miller's Road, or even The Only Place on Museum Road as suggested by aa_asif. You get great steaks and sizzlers at all these places!

Happy munching!

I second that !! Grill House is one of my favourite haunts !!

Love their steaks and the ambiance which is very western ! Reminds me of some old classic Western cow boy flicks !! They have these old movie posters framed !

Cheers.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:13   #1472
BHPian

Last weekend had visited Shivasamudra falls. Skipped Gaganchukki and went to Bharachukki. You can climb down some 200 steps (absolutely uneven) and then went on a Coracle ride upto the falls. Amazing. That was OT.
On the return, i had booked lunch at Georgia Sunshine Village run by a couple. Rs.350/- per adult buffet. A small spread at their remote resort (off Shimsha road near Hebbani village - mud roads). The food I must say was excellent, despite it seeming expensive. Great place to visit. They have a website with all details.
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:32   #1473
vsh
BHPian

hi guys
i will be in bangalore on next weekend. i am a pure vegetarian and pls suggest me some good places. any places near majestic and may be near bommanalli, hosur (tech mahindra) where i need to go. only place i know is SUKHSAGAR near majestic.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:42   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi guys
i will be in bangalore on next weekend. i am a pure vegetarian and pls suggest me some good places. any places near majestic and may be near bommanalli, hosur (tech mahindra) where i need to go. only place i know is SUKHSAGAR near majestic.
There is one Mirch Masala restaurant in Bommanahalli near the blue coloured Bosch building. It serves decent north Indian food, basically punjabi style.

Rohan
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:06   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
There is one Mirch Masala restaurant in Bommanahalli near the blue coloured Bosch building. It serves decent north Indian food, basically punjabi style.

Rohan
If you have the option to come towards the city,

Koramangala - Raheja Arcade - Grameen.
Jayanagar 4th Block - Maiyas / Dancing Kadai etc., 4 floors, each one cusine.

forum mall food court. Rajdhani, Shiv Sagar. Also have SahibSindhSultan in the mall.

Rakabdar opp. forum mall towards Dairy circle.

Little Italy,also near Forum Mall towards Dairy Circle.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:13   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am a pure vegetarian and pls suggest me some good places. any places near majestic
You can try Kamath @ Majestic.
You get authentic North Karnataka meals. Give a try
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:18   #1477
BHPian

Tried 'Khund - The Indian Barbecue' on 100 ft road, Indiranagar. The barbecue was descent. What followed after that was atrocious. We orderbji was some rotis and one subji. The subji was very bad!

Yesterday, we had been to Tangerine again ( also on the same road). Loved the sizzlers!!!
Old 24th September 2010, 01:22   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
You can try Kamath @ Majestic.
You get authentic North Karnataka meals. Give a try
Nothing like "Basant Residency" in Gandhinagar for north karnataka meals. . .
Old 24th September 2010, 12:51   #1479
BHPian

Any reviews on Cad-b? Just read about them on another forum.
Website: Enjoy Cad-B & Cad-M at our various Cad-B Outlets around India
It will be great if someone could give more idea about the location in bangalore.

Regards,
Old 24th September 2010, 13:15   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi guys
The only really good North Indian vegetarian food I have found so far in Bangalore is restaurant named Sikandar in Garuda Mall (its very near to the famous MG road). I have tried lot of places so far (mostly in Marathalli - nearly all are bad/average, and on the ORR).

Similarly the only good South Indian vegetarian food I've had was in Mysore In Bangalore though I liked MTR's vada-sambhar. They have a preseance in the Forum Value Mall in Whitefield. There is also one small Dosa place in 4th block market (Jaynagar). I forgot the name but they are very famous and supposed to be very good.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:19   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
The only really good North Indian vegetarian food I have found so far in Bangalore is restaurant named Sikandar in Garuda Mall (its very near to the famous MG road). I have tried lot of places so far (mostly in Marathalli - nearly all are bad/average, and on the ORR).

Similarly the only good South Indian vegetarian food I've had was in Mysore In Bangalore though I liked MTR's vada-sambhar. They have a preseance in the Forum Value Mall in Whitefield. There is also one small Dosa place in 4th block market (Jaynagar). I forgot the name but they are very famous and supposed to be very good.
I think you are talking about Ganesh Darshan. Am I right?
Old 24th September 2010, 13:21   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest Vasudev Adiga's restaurant which is in Total Mall, Madivala (Hosur Road).

They serve pure veg food and the food is excellent. Their coffee is out of the world too.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:27   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Cable Car, Marenahalli Road

I had been for lunch yesterday.
Ambience: Good
Food: Very Good
Service : Very Good.
Price: Appx 300 - 500 Per person
Variaties offered: Indian and Italian. (Only Veg)

Last edited by rk_sans : 24th September 2010 at 13:29.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:50   #1484
vsh
BHPian

hi
thanks to all the people who have suggested the places to go. now thats quiet a long list i have and definitely try a few of them. thanks a lot.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:30   #1485
BHPian

100 feet restaurant

Went back to 100 feet restaurant after a long gap. Seems very improved than before. The Tapas and penne primavera (with pesto) were super. Also tried the cajun dish with creole creamy sauce...was average. I wonder where you can get really authentic new Orleans cuisine in town!

Most Viewed