Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 10:22   #1681
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Where can i buy quail meat and eggs in Bangalore? I have been looking out for these but have been unsuccessful so far.
MK Ahmed HSR has quail eggs. I am sure other branches would have them too.

The meat is available in some chicken shops on Sat and Sundays
Old 24th May 2011, 11:25   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Where can i buy quail meat and eggs in Bangalore? I have been looking out for these but have been unsuccessful so far.
try at Metro, i saw quail eggs there long back.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:29   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
try at Metro, i saw quail eggs there long back.
I thought Metro is for wholesalers. do they sell small quantities as well?
Old 24th May 2011, 11:50   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
I thought Metro is for wholesalers. do they sell small quantities as well?
They have some minimum purchase conditions. But if you make a visit in a month, looking at your home purchase, good enough for the quantity required. But the history says if you have more at stock, you consume more!
Old 24th May 2011, 13:57   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Went to The Village in Marathahalli for team lunch. Pathetic! never ever go there!!

EDIT: @SILVERWOOD -

There is nothing much to explain. Everything was bad!

Service : 1/5
Ambience : We went to open air (roof top?) and it was OK. There were hardly anyone.
Food: 1/5

and the staffs are really clueless about everything!

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th May 2011 at 14:16.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:03   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Went to The Village in Marathahalli for team lunch. Pathetic! never ever go there!!
Care to explain the reason.?
Old 24th May 2011, 14:09   #1687
Senior - BHPian

To all those who recommended The Grill House (Suhaas and Xryder are two names that come to my mind): Thank you!!
Old 26th May 2011, 16:44   #1688
BHPian

Went to Hae Kum Gang a few days back. It's a Korean Restaurant, opposite Fuga on Castle street. Easily one of the best places I have been to, and would recommend to everyone (Vegetarians, Non-Vegetarians alike). Complete review here.

Last edited by e1t1bet : 26th May 2011 at 16:45.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:00   #1689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
To all those who recommended The Grill House (Suhaas and Xryder are two names that come to my mind): Thank you!!
You're most welcome Amitoj ji! Nice to know that I'm remembered!

So give us the low-down. What did you order and what did you think about the place, overall?
Old 26th May 2011, 17:12   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So give us the low-down. What did you order and what did you think about the place, overall?
Sure! Thats the least i should do!

To start off, they do have parking, which seemed unlikely looking at the place from outside.

Anyway, we first ordered some fries but they recommended Mexican Chilli fries, so we went with that. That was a bit of a disappointment because they were nothing but regular fries with some chilli flakes on them!

But things got better after that! We ordered Steak Chateubraind (i think!) (medium well done) and Steak Mardigras (medium) Both were cooked to our liking and the serving was also huge! Had to get them packed!

Finished off with Blueberry cheesecake which was not bad either. Fresh and not too sweet withi just a hint of blueberry flavour.

Overall, its a nice small cozy place. Would love to go there in the evening sometime too. This was a lunch visit. Their upstairs section has better sound, since all the speakers are there only i think.
Old 26th May 2011, 17:19   #1691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sure! Thats the least i should do!

To start off, they do have parking, which seemed unlikely looking at the place from outside.

Anyway, we first ordered some fries but they recommended Mexican Chilli fries, so we went with that. That was a bit of a disappointment because they were nothing but regular fries with some chilli flakes on them!

But things got better after that! We ordered Steak Chateubraind (i think!) (medium well done) and Steak Mardigras (medium) Both were cooked to our liking and the serving was also huge! Had to get them packed!

Finished off with Blueberry cheesecake which was not bad either. Fresh and not too sweet withi just a hint of blueberry flavour.

Overall, its a nice small cozy place. Would love to go there in the evening sometime too. This was a lunch visit. Their upstairs section has better sound, since all the speakers are there only i think.
Interesting.

It is a pretty nice place. Especially for those who like the sort of food served at The Only Place and Millers 46. If you're interested in trying out other new places, I recommend this place called Touche. It's next to Extreme Sorts Bar on 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. The food is above average, but you'd think it could have been better. The main attraction for this place would be the funky ambiance and it's totally worth spending the extra on it.

Also, try Toit, on 100 Ft Road Indiranagar. It's very close to Dominos/Stones/Beanstalk. Superb ambiance, great food and excellent service.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:56   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting.

It is a pretty nice place. Especially for those who like the sort of food served at The Only Place and Millers 46. If you're interested in trying out other new places, I recommend this place called Touche. It's next to Extreme Sorts Bar on 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. The food is above average, but you'd think it could have been better. The main attraction for this place would be the funky ambiance and it's totally worth spending the extra on it.

Also, try Toit, on 100 Ft Road Indiranagar. It's very close to Dominos/Stones/Beanstalk. Superb ambiance, great food and excellent service.
Isnt this the same place with touch screens on the table to order?
Old 26th May 2011, 19:17   #1693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Isnt this the same place with touch screens on the table to order?
Ah why'd you have to ruin the suspense now! It is a great place if you want a futuristic 'dining-experience'.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:29   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Ah why'd you have to ruin the suspense now! It is a great place if you want a futuristic 'dining-experience'.
Did not know you were hidin it!

But that is the major crowd puller to this place! I know people who have never had Italian/Conti and have gone here just for the experience.

Now that I have, let me give some more insights into this:

If you call and reserve a table, the touch screen on your table shows your name and welcomes you!
Once you place the order, it goes to the Samsung Tabs held by each of the waiters. They confirm the order with you and then re-confirm it to the Kitchen.

Food is above average and a tad bit expensive!
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:29   #1695
BHPian

Had been to "Atithi" on CMH road, Indiranagar. Oh! what an experience it was! totally awsome!

Was an early bird there (infact 1st customer of the evening! 6.30pm) and enjoyed amazing food.

We ordered following dishes:

1. Prawns Masala Fry: Excellent taste, very well cooked Prawns and the masala was yummy. Rating: 9/10

2. Chicken Tikka: Very tender chicken pieces, very well marinated and the taste was superb. Rating: 9/10

3. Machchali Achari Tikka: Very unique preparation. But, the fish was over cooked. Overall taste was above average. Rating: 6/10

4. Garlic Chicken Tikka: Again, a fantastic dish and the flavours were lip smacking! Rating: 8/10

Ambience: Rating 6/10
Service: Rating 8/10
VFM: Rating 8/10

For 2 people the bill came to 2000 INR including tips (Food plus Beverages. . .you know what I mean )

I will visit this joint again for it's food!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks