Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-259.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 5267675)
Besides, There is the famous Ideal Ice-cream, Mangalore who have a counter in Vijaynagar (Near the water-tank/bus stop). That stuff is delicious

Does Ideas Ice Cream really have a branch in Vijayanagar, my friend too mentioned, but I had my doubts. Can you share the location or Gmaps link if possible?

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 5267856)
Does Ideas Ice Cream really have a branch in Vijayanagar, my friend too mentioned, but I had my doubts. Can you share the location or Gmaps link if possible?

KK

Here you go

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tr...9!4d77.5375032

Continuing on the topic of Ice creams, I like Amrith Ice cream a small home made ice cream shop at Malleshwaram. Very tasty and all natural ice creams. Visit mostly around the same time I go to CTR.

Couple of years ago, we were shopping in Jayanagar when we hopped in here for dinner: Shree Balaji Paratha House (link)

Its a hole-in-the-wall kind of joint. Pretty small. But the parathas were yummy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 5267868)
Continuing on the topic of Ice creams, I like Amrith Ice cream a small home made ice cream shop at Malleshwaram. Very tasty and all natural ice creams. Visit mostly around the same time I go to CTR.

My office was just opposite Amrith Ice cream for two years and was having their ice cream for 2 days a week, it's been a while I went their, thanks for reminding.

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 5266482)
1. Rajathadri Palace (Jayanagar 7th Block)

A friend also had mentioned about Rajathadri, but I'm a bit confused now after looking up on gmaps where it shows "Rajathadri Food Fort" in Jayanagar 7th block and "Rajathadri Palace" on Uttarahalli main road.

Did you actually visit Rajathadri Food Fort and not Rajathadri Palace ?

Quote:

10. New Modern Hotel (NMH, VV Puram) : Closing this post with an entry of an old eatery.
This is still good and I love the old world charm and their old school packaging as well (without plastic containers) :)
Their Badam halwa is good too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 5271901)
A friend also had mentioned about Rajathadri, but I'm a bit confused now after looking up on gmaps where it shows "Rajathadri Food Fort" in Jayanagar 7th block and "Rajathadri Palace" on Uttarahalli main road.

Did you actually visit Rajathadri Food Fort and not Rajathadri Palace ?

Yes you are right. :thumbs up I visited the food fort and not the palace. For some reason I had it confused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 5271901)
This is still good and I love the old world charm and their old school packaging as well (without plastic containers) :)
Their Badam halwa is good too.

Yes I like all the rustic old places better than newer ones. Its no nonsense simple stuff.

P.S : I do not have a sweet tooth and have not tasted the badam halwa but will try it out next time.

On Sunday, dropped to Idly Guru a small mobile idly shop which serves soft thatte idlys in the morning. I had been wanting to this visit this from quite some time having heard good reviews about it & it surely didn't disappoint. Idlys were really soft and is served with a good amount of ghee & chutney. I didn't like the taste of the chutney and it was too runny for my liking but was spicy going well with the idly.

I forgot to click pics so attaching a couple saved from google. Prices has been revised from Rs 10 per plate to Rs 15.

Name:  Idly guru.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  Idly guru 2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  83.4 KB

Timings : 6:30 AM to 9/9:30 AM.

Gets quite crowded (I had to stand in queue for 15 mins) so plan accordingly. Cash and mobile payments (gpay, paytm, upi) accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 5278175)
On Sunday, dropped to Idly Guru a small mobile idly shop which serves soft thatte idlys in the morning

My first reaction on the food image was yikes! just seeing the plastic plate. We head to numerous breakfast outlets in and around Jayanagar & JP Nagar that serve in steel plates, but I wish these mobile outlets didn't use plastics. Big thumbs down just on that matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 5278195)
My first reaction on the food image was yikes! just seeing the plastic plate

Those are not plastic plates, but made from recycled sugarcane pulp.

They have mentioned this in the video whose link is below. Check around 10:25 onwards

https://youtu.be/BW5aHlmsjX4

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 5278195)
My first reaction on the food image was yikes! just seeing the plastic plate. We head to numerous breakfast outlets in and around Jayanagar & JP Nagar that serve in steel plates, but I wish these mobile outlets didn't use plastics. Big thumbs down just on that matter.

As mentioned by unk9ja above they use recycled bio degradable plates. I had read about it sometime back but don't have that article now to share unfortunately.

Yesterday I had went to food street (gmaps) to get some snacks for home. I knew it will be crowded but still was surprised seeing so many people.
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img6090.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img6092.jpg

But having these hot bajjis in the end made me forget about it. :D A different colorful holi for me!

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img6091.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 4124497)
A little bit background about me. Ours is a vegetarian family and my wife does not know how to cook non-vegetarian dishes. But I am used to eating chicken and fish occasionally when I am with teammates out for lunch/dinner.

I am in the same boat. Wife's side of the family and even my family are vegetarians but I like to indulge myself occasionally when I am not with them.

Been craving for meat since a couple of years. Decided to venture out tomorrow for lunch all alone.

I am into regular meats like Mutton, Chicken and Fish and am put up in Whitefield.

Where can I go for a really satisfying feast? Some pointers from meat lovers would be really awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 5284918)
I am into regular meats like Mutton, Chicken and Fish and am put up in Whitefield.

Not able to point out any specific place.

But any establishment that goes by the name Keralapura Hindu Miltry Hotel is sure to serve you decent, rustic and traditional non vegetarian dishes at reasonable rates. If present in your surroundings, do give them a try.

Go there strictly for the taste. Ambience, service and/or sophistication aren't their forte.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4156817)
Also does not show up much suggestions for Thai food though lot of chinese food options are shown.

This might be late for you but check out Khmer Kitchen (Outer Ring Road, JP Nagar 2nd Phase) next time. One of the best South east Asian (Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese, etc) food outlets this side of the town.