Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-251.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4754701)
'Kesar' at BTM layout had good 'Chole Bhature'. Seems it is closed now. You can checkout their other outlets like at 'Brookefield' OR 'Kalyan Nagar' for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet (Post 4754714)
Anand in Kormangala
Karthik in CMH road

Thanks, will try these and update :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4754606)
Anyone here knows where in Bangalore can I get proper Dilli wala Chole Bhature.

Kittu's Electronic City serves good Chole Bhature. I am not sure how it is now. Last time I visited was more than an year ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4754727)
Thanks, will try these and update :)

Karthik serves only on Sunday and that too only on preorder accepted in until Saturday evening.
Please plan your trip

Tried Mahalakshmi Tiffin Room, DVG Road after many years and loved it. Good idly, vada and khali dosa. The chutney and sambar are retro style and bit spicy unlike the common sweetish udupi sambar served at most eateries now. Nice cup of coffee too to end the breakfast. Still has the old world charm and ambience with the simple seating and furniture.

*Had actually been to Brahmins coffee bar but found them closed, so instead of vidyarthi Bhavan and other options decided on Mahalakshmi and it turned out to be a good decision. Is Brahmins closed on all Sundays ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4760763)
Brahmins closed on all Sundays ?

Yes, that is correct. They are annoyingly closed on all Sundays.

Britalian Kitchen in Indiranagar off 100 feet Road serves some excellent and authentic English Breakfast. On weekends all breakfast items are available at 100 Rs. each and Lunch items at 200 Rs. each. They have a wide variety of British and Italian dishes on offer and would definitely recommend it for a Sunday morning breakfast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4760774)
Yes, that is correct. They are annoyingly closed on all Sundays.

The Brahmins in JP Nagar are closed only Tuesdays (that too from 1pm - open till 1 pm). Open on all other days till 9 pm, starting from around 7 am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4766556)
The Brahmins in JP Nagar are closed only Tuesdays (that too from 1pm - open till 1 pm). Open on all other days till 9 pm, starting from around 7 am.

This is not the same guy as jayanagar. If i am not mistaken, that jayanagar outlet has no branches. I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4766557)
This is not the same guy as jayanagar. If i am not mistaken, that jayanagar outlet has no branches. I

Well, I am not sure about that. I think its some other family member who has started the JP Nagar outlet - they use the same trade name of Brahmins, which leads me to believe that they are related /connected in some way.

Be that as it may, I am a regular at the JP Nagar outlet, and highly recommend it. I am told by my idli-loving friends that their idlis (and accompanying chutney, which is the Brahmins specialty) are as good as the originals in the old Basavanagudi outlet. More to my personal liking though, their dosas are pretty awesome as well. Best part - very spacious, airy and clean seating area, and food is always hot and freshly made. Plenty of bylanes to park vehicles nearby as well.

Try out this one if you are somewhere close by!

Haha. Looks like i have to pay a visit to all the relatives and in laws. Lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4766560)

Be that as it may, I am a regular at the JP Nagar outlet, and highly recommend it. I am told by my idli-loving friends that their idlis (and accompanying chutney, which is the Brahmins specialty) are as good as the originals in the old Basavanagudi outlet. More to my personal liking though, their dosas are pretty awesome as well. Best part - very spacious, airy and clean seating area, and food is always hot and freshly made. Plenty of bylanes to park vehicles nearby as well.

Try out this one if you are somewhere close by!

Can you share Google maps location of this place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4766720)
Can you share Google maps location of this place?

Here you go. It is called Brahmin Tiffins in JP Nagar 7th phase:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Br...3!4d77.5795401

It is bang opposite the main entrance of the massive apartment complex called Elita Promenade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by majumon (Post 4744491)
Yes my friend recommends Suryavanshi at Indiranagar double road opposite to ESI Hospital.

Wow, thanks a lot! I have not logged in for a long time, and hence the late thank you. I live in Indiranagar, and very close to the ESI hospital. Will definitely try this place :)

I found a place on Swiggy, 'Marathi Kitchen'. The Misal Pav there was not bad. But not sure whether it closed due to the covid lockdown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 4753170)
I too miss Misal Pav from my Pune days, Most of the Misal Pav places in Bangalore just do not cut it, all of them have been mediocre.

Now, I have just purchased Khanda lasun masala from Hubli and make rest of the Masala for the "Cut" at home.

I should try this. Even though I am a hardcore non-vegetarian, I simply love Misal Pav and Vada Pav. Oh, for that matter, also Batata Bhajji Pav :D

It took 90 days for this thread to see some action, and no surprise at all.

For Misal Pav or for anything authentic Maharashtrian, the only place i go is at Jayanagar, 9th Block. Its called Rajvardhan Foods. Standard stand and eat kind of a place.

Anyways, i and my family are still apprehensive to eat anything outside yet. Haven't had anything outside since the first lock down. Can't wait to hit the regular places for the dose of Masala Dosa, Kesari Bath, the Idly Chutney at SN foods at JP Nagar etc..etc..

Fingers crossed, we all can go out soon and resume life(the eating out bit) like before.