Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 23:47   #2236
Team-BHP Support

re: The IPL Thread - Season V discussions from pg 150

Symonds cannot replace Suman. They will have to drop a foreign player for that.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:47   #2237
Senior - BHPian

KKR bad luck continues consecutively in the fourth season. This time they were better but far off from the goal still. MI should go through after beating RCB and then CSK, IMO.
Old 26th May 2011, 07:40   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Symonds cannot replace Suman. They will have to drop a foreign player for that.
Yes that is right. I guess i was really excited with the win when i posted it and forgot about the 4 foreign player rule Realised it later after logging off.

Somehow i feel MI has been persisting with Pollard for some time now without much results to show other than his brilliant fielding. Would it be better to replace him with Symonds considering that spin and slow pitch would be the order in Chennai. Symonds himself is also a brilliant fielder. This would be a very bold decision for MI to take.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:35   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
MI one step closer to the IPL trophy
Though achieved it with some struggle at the end and could have been anybody's game. Would like to see Suman replaced by Symonds for the next game against RCB. I hope its not a 'Gayle'Storm.
They are through but they made quite a mess of themselves inspite of such a brilliant start given to them by Blizzard and Sachin. The game shouldn't have gone to the last over in the first place.
But I am so damn happy KKR lost, and MI won!!
Now just hope that they go on and win the final too, though CSK would be tough to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
KKR bad luck continues consecutively in the fourth season. This time they were better but far off from the goal still. MI should go through after beating RCB and then CSK, IMO.
hehe!! bad luck, continues inspite of Ganguly not being there. They deserved it for not showing respect to their players in the first 3 edition. And how badly they must be repenting not retaining atleast Gayle in their side. Poor them!!
Now what would Shahrukh say to the team
"KKR tension mat le yaar, agle saal ke baad fir ek agla saal hai yaar"
Old 26th May 2011, 10:58   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Zaheer and Gayle had finished their quota. But it was awesome to watch the last four overs in person.got to see Dhoni's helicopter shot as well.
My say is, Vettori must have hold either of one for the last penultimate over.

Tomorrow would love to watch Pollard vs Gayle
Old 26th May 2011, 11:07   #2241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
They are through but they made quite a mess of themselves inspite of such a brilliant start given to them by Blizzard and Sachin. The game shouldn't have gone to the last over in the first place.
But I am so damn happy KKR lost, and MI won!!
Now just hope that they go on and win the final too, though CSK would be tough to beat.
They must first face RCB, nay, Gayle, to reach the finals. And knowing RCB, they're not going to go down without a fight. A Gayle-Kohli-Pomersback-De Villiers dominated batting-card would end MI's chances completely, I reckon. RCB has upped their bowling as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My say is, Vettori must have hold either of one for the last penultimate over.

Tomorrow would love to watch Pollard vs Gayle
I think Malinga vs. Gayle would be a more interesting contest. Pollard has not performed this season. Guess that's a good thing for the other teams!
Old 26th May 2011, 12:56   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I think Malinga vs. Gayle would be a more interesting contest. Pollard has not performed this season. Guess that's a good thing for the other teams!
The reason for Pollard not performing is coz he comes down the order so late that he does not enough time for gauging the situation. All he is asked to come out and hit sixes and fours. You cant expect him to that always.
Also sending Rayudu lower the order will also result in the same case. He needs to be sent one down so that he can free his arms and play.

The first 5-6 overs of the either innings of match between RCB and MI will decide who goes to the final.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:45   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Pollard cannot play spin to save his life. More than his batting its his bowling that concerns me.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:47   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The reason for Pollard not performing is coz he comes down the order so late that he does not enough time for gauging the situation. All he is asked to come out and hit sixes and fours. You cant expect him to that always.
I thought that is his job and his performane appraisal needs to be done on this parameter

But i think in a couple of matches he had time to settle in but did not seal the game. For example in the last league match against KKR.

Is there any suitable replacement for Suman? If yes i would go with that replacement and swap Pollard for Symonds.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:18   #2245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also sending Rayudu lower the order will also result in the same case. He needs to be sent one down so that he can free his arms and play.
C'mon you can't be serious!

He's had several chances. In the 15 matches MI have played, he has had the opportunity to turn the game around at least 5 times. He was in the middle for a good 15-20 balls and that should be sufficient time for someone who's tagged a 'pinch-hitter'.

Quote:
The first 5-6 overs of the either innings of match between RCB and MI will decide who goes to the final.
Again, I'm not sure if you watched the CSK vs. RCB match. It was a well fought match by CSK who seemed down and out 15 overs into their innings. Despite sending Gayle back into the dug-out, RCB posted a brilliant 175.

In a T20 match, no one can decide anything until the last ball has been bowled.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th May 2011 at 14:20.
Old 29th May 2011, 20:31   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Why no posts here after the 26th of May? IMO two key players should not be captains of their respective teams and should rather play under good captains;
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Yuvraj Singh.
Old 29th March 2012, 16:45   #2247
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Anyone here game for some fantasy cricket? How about starting a Team BHP league on Super Selector?

Let's begin with the IPL competition. Should be fun.

Sports | Games and Competitions | Super Selector | ESPNSTAR.com
Old 29th March 2012, 16:49   #2248
Team-BHP Support

I am already playing. Have a team, but no league. Why dont you create one and let us know. I will join.

Btw cricketinc.com is much better.
Old 29th March 2012, 18:49   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am already playing. Have a team, but no league. Why dont you create one and let us know. I will join.

Btw cricketinc.com is much better.

Is a new Poll being added to predict the winners of IPL V?
Old 29th March 2012, 20:55   #2250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Is a new Poll being added to predict the winners of IPL V?
Yes, the poll will be updated very soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks