Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2024, 18:53   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
He won Gujarat Titans an IPL & in the next edition they were runners-up!
Agreed that he did a great job for GT in their first 2 seasons of existence, but at MI, Hardik replaced 5 time title winning captain + the captain of the national side! Also, MI is a side with some heritage to speak of. So in my opinion, Hardik has bigger shoes to fill at MI than he had at GT.
Old 30th March 2024, 19:26   #3587
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Agreed that he did a great job for GT in their first 2 seasons of existence, but at MI, Hardik replaced 5 time title winning captain + the captain of the national side! Also, MI is a side with some heritage to speak of. So in my opinion, Hardik has bigger shoes to fill at MI than he had at GT.
Rohit last won an IPL title in 2020 if I recollect. His own form has diminished, his Strike Rate has dropped too I believe. So all those titles in the past & him being the Captain of the National Team make no difference. This is Franchisee Cricket & you have to ruthless which the MI management has shown, if Hardik doesn't deliver rest assured he'll be dumped as well. Just look at Pollard's case, he's still playing T20s around the world but here in the IPL he's batting coach!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 23:49   #3588
BHPian

Mayank Yadav, what a debut! He got some serious pace and discipline too. A great find by LSG and hopes he carries on the good work and finds a place in national team too.
rx100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 00:04   #3589
BHPian

Very poor & immature responses by fans in Ahmedabad and Hyderabad in the treatment of Pandya. I hope the maturity improves!
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 04:24   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Very poor & immature responses by fans in Ahmedabad and Hyderabad in the treatment of Pandya. I hope the maturity improves!
Agreed - 100%.

But don't you feel it should be mutual/quid pro quo?
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 05:42   #3591
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

What has the cricketing world come to!

The IPL Thread-img_20240331_053735.jpg
The IPL Thread-img_20240331_053754.jpg

Link
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 06:20   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Link
This is absurd. Fans can’t boo players at the stadium now? I understand undue comments made on social media, but monitoring fans at the stadium is a little much.
pandey.jai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 06:22   #3593
Senior - BHPian

This IPL has turned into a mega live Big Boss show frankly, with all the manufactured controversies. I have stopped taking interest after looking at the various attention-seeking headlines. Too bad the players have bought into this cheap entertainment for money.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 06:57   #3594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
This IPL has turned into a mega live Big Boss show frankly, with all the manufactured controversies. I have stopped taking interest after looking at the various attention-seeking headlines. Too bad the players have bought into this cheap entertainment for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
This is absurd. Fans can’t boo players at the stadium now? I understand undue comments made on social media, but monitoring fans at the stadium is a little much.
There are manufactured controversies, and there is Hardik Pandya. The heat against him seems pretty real. I mean, did anyone ever like the man before all this? The looks on the Ambanis face during the MI-SRH high scorer said it all. They knew how bad they had messed up.

The crowd reaction will be one of the biggest reasons to watch the match at the Wankhede. What are the authorities gonna do, empty out the entire stadium?

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 31st March 2024 at 07:00.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 07:35   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He won Gujarat Titans an IPL & in the next edition they were runners-up!
At GT, 90% captaincy is Ashish Nehra and with MI, Rohit has been the 90%. That's the difference for Hardik. His captaincy blunders in the first two matches were as lucid as it can get.

Also, captaining the national side is vastly different from marshaling an IPL outfit. With IPL, one has to manage the overseas players/staffs too who are from diverse culture and ethnicity and that includes your head coach and batting coach.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 31st March 2024 at 07:37.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 10:02   #3596
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Now I’m sure this will call for more trolling. Tough times for Hardik.

Quote:
MCA has bolstered security and will closely monitor the crowd during the match. Anyone caught harassing or trolling Pandya will be detained and potentially ejected from the stadium.
Link
Old 31st March 2024, 11:09   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2588423
Attachment 2588424

Link
Looks like this was initiated request from Hardik himself. And we all know that Ambanis do have the connect and money to make MCA bend to such requests. Though I too don't support bullying be it social or in person, but as a sportsperson there will be accolades and disappointments alike. Hardik should learn to improve on it and turn these hatred into positive support. I hope this does not backfire and Mumbai Crowd shouts 'Rohit Rohit' on every move of HP. Somehow I don't feel he is that important to be given so much attention. The money, time and efforts spent on him could have build an All-rounder from scratch.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 12:17   #3598
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2588423
Attachment 2588424

Link
Infact this is going to make this matter even worse. When they played in Hyderabad he got booed by srh supporters too which shows how much heat he is facing from pretty much all the team's fan bases. Was wondering what will happen in Mumbai, after this announcement people will look to defy this order even more.
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 12:42   #3599
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Enjoyed watching Mayank Yadav yesterday. The main distinguishing factor I felt was that he was hitting the deck hard & getting extra bounce! On the other hand Umran Malik is a more skiddy bowler, he should look to develop a hint of swing to add to his skillset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
At GT, 90% captaincy is Ashish Nehra and with MI, Rohit has been the 90%.
Nehra is still the Coach of GT so lets see how far GT go in this edition. As I said earlier he was blessed with a very good team at GT.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 13:03   #3600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nehra is still the Coach of GT so lets see how far GT go in this edition. As I said earlier he was blessed with a very good team at GT.
There is something about Ashish Nehra, even when he was a bowler and now more when he is the coach. He is bringing Football like coach behaviour in cricket. Indeed it is still early to credit GT's success to him (90%) This year GT looks fragile especially their middle order. V Shankar isn't very reliable and Miller is one in a ten match splendour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks