Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 23:50   #2206
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread - Season V discussions from pg 150

Absolutely brilliant captaincy from Jayawardene. Idiotic shot from Yusuf Pathan even though he was injured - he did not have to play that shot.

Jadeja is the one IMPRESSING me again and again. He has really worked and it shows.
Old 21st April 2011, 00:13   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Flash in a pan.

T20 is the worst format to spot talent.
I do not agree with that. Yes, I read your subsequent posts too. Scoring a 100 and winning a match for your side can be called "Flash in the Pan". I would put Y.Pathan, C.Sharma etc in that league, but the way Valthaty batted and also subsequently in the match against DC also showed he is not a one match wonder. See how poorly Y.Pathan is performing with his bat now, he is a once in a while wonder. I see Valthaty as a force to reckon with in the near future. About Kohli, yes he has come a long way from IPL-I, but off late I see his old attitude back even though he made the quote of the century after winning the WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Jadeja is the one IMPRESSING me again and again. He has really worked and it shows.
Yeah, he has worked hard in developing some muscles in his arms, he looked like a matchstick about to be broken before. Good luck on his beefing technique, hope it serves him good. I still consider him a traitor for losing matches for us without a clue as to how to wield the willow.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 21st April 2011 at 00:16.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:15   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I would put Y.Pathan, C.Sharma etc in that league,
You just can not write the elder Pathan off. He is a serious talent and on a day he will win you a match single handedly. He has never got a good platform to bat in this IPL. He has proved his talent many a times and does not need a litmus test again and again.

I agree on the points mentioned on Jadeja. I was vocal about all his misdeeds in the past but I see positive intent now and there is more conviction in his shots.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:59   #2209
BANNED

Quote:
I do not agree with that.
Like I said , if we talk about T20 level only. But mentioning he is a very good find for "cricket" would be a long long stretch.

He is from Vengsarkar's Academy and has a great supporter in Abhishek Nair. Making it till here needs a bit of help. Then to grab the opportunity is solely in your hands. And he did just that.

But I would still reserve my thoughts. This IPL4 is right now a big farce. Its riding its luck. They need to better manage the format and the league games.
Old 21st April 2011, 23:43   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire, since you are/were a cricketer at state level, IIRC, please tell us what happened to Paul, we just hear that he got injured in the eye when he was playing for India U-19 about 8 years ago. What happened ?
Old 26th April 2011, 23:01   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spitfire, since you are/were a cricketer at state level, IIRC, please tell us what happened to Paul, we just hear that he got injured in the eye when he was playing for India U-19 about 8 years ago. What happened ?
Hello, spitfire, can you throw some light on this please ?
Old 27th April 2011, 18:46   #2212
Team-BHP Support

OT News: Duncan Fletcher is the new India Coach.
News on ESPNCRICINFO.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:51   #2213
BANNED

Quote:
Hello, spitfire, can you throw some light on this please ?
Oh sorry just saw the post. Will send you a detailed PM.
Old 29th April 2011, 21:39   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
OT News: Duncan Fletcher is the new India Coach.
News on ESPNCRICINFO.
If you read through the last few pages of the World Cup thread, you will see avery interesting article by Fletcher which i have quoted, he was my choice from that time onwards. I wonder why Gavaskar and even Kapil thinks an Indian should have been given the job !! Gavaskar is a typical selfish politician, but why Kapil too ?
Old 29th April 2011, 22:11   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you read through the last few pages of the World Cup thread, you will see avery interesting article by Fletcher which i have quoted, he was my choice from that time onwards. I wonder why Gavaskar and even Kapil thinks an Indian should have been given the job !! Gavaskar is a typical selfish politician, but why Kapil too ?
Even i don't understand why Gavaskar suddenly feels now that a foreign coach would not do when he himself had recommended Gary Kirsten's name

By the way what happened to MI today. 94-8 in 20 overs
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:17   #2216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
By the way what happened to MI today. 94-8 in 20 overs
Mumbai peaked to early IMO. The openers aren't really getting them off to flyers! And I'm seriously wondering why Symonds is twiddling his toes in the dug-out. Why can't they send him out earlier. He can do some serious damage.

Anyway, good to see RCB winning comfortably again. We needed that one big loss against KXIP to get us back onto the ground, so to speak.
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:24   #2217
Team-BHP Support

The only problem is over dependency on Gayle. If he goes off early RCB would be in trouble.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:17   #2218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The only problem is over dependency on Gayle. If he goes off early RCB would be in trouble.
I wouldn't agree with you on that. Yes, it's true Gayle changes the game for us and he has changed our fortunes. But take a good long hard look at the match-summaries of most of our victories. In most of them, we'd managed to restrict the opposing team to low totals, mostly in the 130-160 bracket.

Credit must go to RCB as a unit, for putting up a brilliant bowling display and fielding effort. We've been one of the best fielding sides in the tournament, saving at least 50 runs, if not more. Vettori, Zaheer and S Ashwin have performed well with the ball. Gayle has made such totals look ridiculously easy. His display of power-hitting has made sure that we're left with a few overs at the end of the innings. Hence, the healthy net-run-rate.

I'm sure Kohli and De Villiers have the potential and class to chase down larger totals. it's just that Gayle makes it much easier for them. He is a real asset to the team.

What we need is S Tiwari to click for us. Right now, he's looking a bit iffy at the crease and he needs to improve his confidence. VJM spent a lot of money on him, so he better show his worth. Make no mistake, he can hit the ball a long way. He almost reminds me of a left-handed Dhoni.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd May 2011 at 11:20.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:32   #2219
Senior - BHPian

I feel it's going to be a CSK v/s RCB/KKR final this year in the IPL.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:59   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh sorry just saw the post. Will send you a detailed PM.
Spitfire, can you forward me the PM too on Paul Valthaty, that you sent to Esteem_lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I feel it's going to be a CSK v/s RCB/KKR final this year in the IPL.
Oh!! please don't say this, I would so like MI to be in the Finals.

And guys, did you see the last over of yesterday's MI Vs KKR match, poor Balaji, I must say. 23 runs of his last over

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks