Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 11:36   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Secondly, there was only an informal departure call done just around the gate since all the passengers were already there(????). So we almost missed our call; however we quickly realized that it was about time and headed towards the gate and fortunately made it. Just like every city in India, the checks after you show your boarding pass (at the gate) are about 3-4 (including the person who checks the ticket before you board the flight - the one who rips the pass off and gives you the remainder).

Anyways, I was going up the staircase only to realize later that I was boarding a flight to Delhi and not Hyderabad. The flight I had to get on was an ATR, and I should'nt be going up a ladder. In hysteria I run back down and ask them what the hell they were doing, and where my actual flight was. Convinently, he points at the ATR behind him which was rolling out onto the runway.
Buddy, you are wrong here, you are supposed to be at the Boarding gate 30 mins before the departure time.
You can't blame the Airport/Airlines for not making the annoucements repeatedly, though they would have announced 2 - 3 times.
Old 16th January 2009, 12:19   #197
BHPian

Just came back from Bengaluru this morning. Thick fog ensured my flight was delayed by an hour or so.

They have started charging Rs. 260/- as UDF (User Development Fee) w.e.f today.
Old 19th January 2009, 13:26   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Buddy, you are wrong here, you are supposed to be at the Boarding gate 30 mins before the departure time.
You can't blame the Airport/Airlines for not making the annoucements repeatedly, though they would have announced 2 - 3 times.

I do agree with you sir.

But i was at the Barista which is clearly next to the gate and even being that close was not as sufficient as sitting in a chair in front of the gate.

However what can be said about the birds in the airport and the careless airline and airport officials who just look at your boarding pass for fun sake just because they have to do it and not really checking who is flying where and by what airline. ?
Old 12th April 2010, 11:34   #199
BHPian

Hi,

Would anyone know where exactly is the BIAL bus stop (towards airport) near hebbal. I remember reading some time ago that the last pickup point for all BIAL buses is in hebbal. Need to know where exactly it is located?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Old 12th April 2010, 11:39   #200
BHPian

Opposite Esteem Mall !!!
Old 13th April 2010, 11:26   #201

There is one stop just before the Hebbal flyover and one after the flyover in front of Esteem Mall.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:10   #202
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru International Airport

Next week i will be visting BLR on a work visit This will be my visit to BLR after a decade. I will be landing at BIAL around 10.30pm. I will be staying at Bell Hotel & Convention centre.

I request advise on the following:

Best transport option from Airport to Hotel
Approximate duration of drive from airport to Hotel
Is Bell Hotel reasonably decent

Thanks in advance
cheers !
NH
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:16   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post

For transport, at the arrival time you mentioned , the best bet would be taking a Meru cab.
Am not aware of the Bell hotel, am sure other team mates here would give their opinion on that!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:45   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Next week i will be visting BLR on a work visit This will be my visit to BLR after a decade. I will be landing at BIAL around 10.30pm. I will be staying at Bell Hotel & Convention centre.

I request advise on the following:

Approximate duration of drive from airport to Hotel
Is Bell Hotel reasonably decent

Thanks in advance
cheers !
NH
If it is one next to railway station (this one), your best option for transportation is to take BMTC volvo (unless you have heavy luggage). Route no: [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#666666]BIAS-9. Last bus from Airport is at aroun 23:15. Check this link [/COLOR][/FONT]. It would save you loads of money with safe option (Only 165 for ~40km, compare that to Meru's 600). Of course you need to walk ~100 mtr to your hotel! Bus stops right infront of railway station. As per maps, your hotel is right next to it! you just have to cross a two lane road! Meru cab might save you 10~15 min in nights!

If you hotel is different, then my answer doesn't holds good.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 10:18   #205
Senior - BHPian

Is 2-3 days parking available at BIA? Any idea how much do they charge for that?
Old 5th December 2011, 10:36   #206
BHPian

^ Long term parking is available. P1 parking is the one. Rs 300 for 1st 24 hrs and Rs 200 for every additional 24 hrs.

Regards,
amohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 10:51   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
^ Long term parking is available. P1 parking is the one. Rs 300 for 1st 24 hrs and Rs 200 for every additional 24 hrs.

Regards,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a 6.15 am dep flight on Monday and arr on Wed 10.30pm. I stay in Bangalore South so thought of this as a back up if a taxi don't arrive on time.
Old 5th December 2011, 10:53   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
However what can be said about the birds in the airport and the careless airline and airport officials who just look at your boarding pass for fun sake just because they have to do it and not really checking who is flying where and by what airline. ?

Well, it happened to me also, only at Santa Barbara airport! I had a flight to San Francisco and then a connection to Paris. SB has a small airport, I went to my gate, gave my boarding pass to the girl there. she flashed it in front of the machine that flashed green. I proceeded to board the airplane, went to my seat. Sometime later an old lady came and told me I was on her seat. I showed her my boarding pass, she pointed to me I was on the wrong flight (it was going to Denvar). The SFO flight was to be boarded next!!! I thanked heavens for my good luck and rushed back to the airport. Till date I dread thinking what wud have happened if that lady was not there. I was just a student at that time. My luggage wud have reached Paris while I would have been in Denvar!!!

It was in 2003. Dont know if airports have updated their systems.
Old 9th February 2012, 13:18   #209
BHPian

Wanted some feedback on Long Term Parking options at BIAL. Would like to hear from people who have used it recently about the safety and convenience of using the facility.

I am flying out on 23rd evening and returning on 28th morning. Was considering taking my car, since taking a cab will cost nearly the same and bus is not an option for us with two small kids.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Wanted some feedback on Long Term Parking options at BIAL. Would like to hear from people who have used it recently about the safety and convenience of using the facility.

I am flying out on 23rd evening and returning on 28th morning. Was considering taking my car, since taking a cab will cost nearly the same and bus is not an option for us with two small kids.
I often use the Longterm parking for 2/3 days. No problems till date.

But, your case is about 5 days, so not able to suggest.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks