Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2008, 13:30   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Oh yeah, one more thing: I replaced the clutch / pressure plate assembly, the engine and gear mounts .... My Scorp runs better than new
At how many kms and/or years was this required?
Old 24th August 2008, 16:20   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmurthy View Post
Hi Guys

Another Scorpio will join soon. Just booked one and will get the delivery by Sept 3rd. One of the first things planned to do is to post the pics on this thread !!!

so long....
which variant have you booked mate? hope you have a plesant ride with your scorpio. of course we are always there...

Quote:
Why couldn't the vinly go under the rubber window trims? Is it the same on the left side also?

Yep mine is the non CRDe SLX. The CRDe was introduced from March 2005 onwards still carrying small tail lights and leaf rear suspension from the previous variants. From Jan 2006 tower tails and coil rear was added. (I think!!!)
the gap betwwn the window frame and the body is so less that he was not able to paste the vinyl there. he said if i can get the rear windows removed, he can get it done. what should i do? is it looking too awkward?
Old 24th August 2008, 16:31   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
At 43K/3.5 years from manufacture is when I bought the Scorp and the pressure plate was already weak. I changed it within a month and 1K of purchase. Previous owner probably drove it hard (attempted wheel spins !!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
...the gap betwwn the window frame and the body is so less that he was not able to paste the vinyl there. he said if i can get the rear windows removed, he can get it done. what should i do? is it looking too awkward?
(a) Why not get the rear windows removed for the job?
(b) Isn't there a rubber trim between the body and rear window? If yes, only that could be lifted to apply the vinly.
(c) Not as clean as the first two, but carefull brush touch up with dull black. In time the touch up won't be noticed.
(d) Ask another vinyl chap if they could fit it in clean.
(e) Long way around: Remove the vinyl, dull matt paint the area and then stick vinyl over it. That way the gap won;t be noticed.

Reason I went in for paint (toerh than the fact I didnt know waht ythis vinyl stuff was!!!) is that it is easier to get into the areas you refer to above and also to straighten lines / corners by masking etc.

How was mansidea's scorp done? vinyl or paint? There are no gaps there.

Last edited by Mohnish : 24th August 2008 at 16:40.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:40   #529

Hi Raj

I have booked a Black VLX - 8 seater and have posted a thread in the initial ownership section. I have also posted a few questions, appreciate if you/bhpians provide their inputs

cheers and so long....
Old 24th August 2008, 19:41   #530
Senior - BHPian

Monish,

Welcome to the club.

Was the clutch plate / assenbly change expensive? Did you go to the M&M Authorised Service Centre or friendly neighbourhood work shop?

--Ramky
Old 24th August 2008, 20:27   #531
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I forgot highlight/underline the words - sexy voice to indicate the sarcasm in my statement. That tinny synthesised voice irritates all to no end.

Quote:
glad to know that you feel its a "sexy voice" because many here feel its irritating! i thought the SLX was introduced along with the CRDe. thanks for clearing that up mate.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:33   #532
Senior - BHPian

Please visit - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-replaced.html

My scorpio's engine mounts were replaced at 67K, which I felt was a bit too early.

Quote:
Oh yeah, one more thing: I replaced the clutch / pressure plate assembly, the engine and gear mounts .... My Scorp runs better than new
Quote:
Old 24th August 2008, 20:39   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(a) Why not get the rear windows removed for the job?
(b) Isn't there a rubber trim between the body and rear window? If yes, only that could be lifted to apply the vinly.
(c) Not as clean as the first two, but carefull brush touch up with dull black. In time the touch up won't be noticed.
(d) Ask another vinyl chap if they could fit it in clean.
(e) Long way around: Remove the vinyl, dull matt paint the area and then stick vinyl over it. That way the gap won;t be noticed.

Reason I went in for paint (toerh than the fact I didnt know waht ythis vinyl stuff was!!!) is that it is easier to get into the areas you refer to above and also to straighten lines / corners by masking etc.

How was mansidea's scorp done? vinyl or paint? There are no gaps there.
a) yes, i suppose i have to get the windows removed.
b) there is no rubber trim in between.
c) i dont want a touch up job done as it is not reversible!
d) good idea!!!
e) same reason as c!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmurthy View Post
Hi Raj

I have booked a Black VLX - 8 seater and have posted a thread in the initial ownership section. I have also posted a few questions, appreciate if you/bhpians provide their inputs

cheers and so long....
sure buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Oh, I forgot highlight/underline the words - sexy voice to indicate the sarcasm in my statement. That tinny synthesised voice irritates all to no end.
dont use the word "all" bro. it does not irritate me at all. also i know many in this forum who dont mind the sound. also, its your wish to switch it off!
Old 24th August 2008, 20:40   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please visit - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-replaced.html

My scorpio's engine mounts were replaced at 67K, which I felt was a bit too early.
why did you have to replace the engine mounts buddy? i havent heard of this problem in a scorpio and havent done it in my CRDe and TURBO. what were the problems you faced?
Old 24th August 2008, 20:49   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
...Was the clutch plate / assenbly change expensive? Did you go to the M&M Authorised Service Centre or friendly neighbourhood work shop?--Ramky
At the "friendly neighbourhood work shop".

OEM Parts :
Pressure plate with clutch and fork bearing : 6,300/-
Engine and gear mounts : 800/- each = 2400/-
Labour : Asked for 2K ... I paid 1300/-. Its my regular garage !!!
Total rounded off at 10K including parts.

Quote:
...My scorpio's engine mounts were replaced at 67K, which I felt was a bit too early.
The vehicle came to me at 43K...can't be sure of how "entusiastic" the previous owner was!!! I figure with my kind of driving (very very easy & gentle) I wouldn't need to change these parts as long as I have this car.

Quote:
a) yes, i suppose i have to get the windows removed.
b) there is no rubber trim in between.
c) i dont want a touch up job done as it is not reversible!
d) good idea!!!
e) same reason as c!
Go with (a) or (d) then. Try (d) first.

Quote:
why did you have to replace the engine mounts buddy?...
Shudder on releasing clutch and gear box "shake" on acceleration/going steep uphill/steep downhill after clutch released and engaged.

Last edited by Mohnish : 24th August 2008 at 20:56.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:59   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shudder on releasing clutch and gear box "shake" on acceleration/going steep uphill/steep downhill after clutch released and engaged.
Classic symptoms. No scope for discussion! So let's not start one.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:06   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
dont use the word "all" bro. it does not irritate me at all. also i know many in this forum who dont mind the sound. also, its your wish to switch it off!
I agree with you Raj. This feature is a real bliss. It will not say a word, if you do the basics like wearing seat belts, closing all doors properly or releasing your hand brake, fill fuel on time etc. No welcome message if you dont keep her idle for less than 12 hours.
BTW its a male voice in my scorpio & i will do everything to not to let him speak.

Last time while i was climbing nilgiris, i heard this suddenly " Careful, your oil pressure is low ". But the oil pressure indicator is not lit. I stopped the car & looked at the engine bay & found the oil dip stick is not inserted properly (Thanks to the service centre). I just placed it back & thats it.

I did 71K so far & my clutch & mountings are fine, even though i push her to the limits.

So far So good.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:17   #538
Senior - BHPian

thats right mansidea. BTW, i have done the blackening of my pillars. i needed your comments.
Old 25th August 2008, 10:22   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Classic symptoms. No scope for discussion! So let's not start one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
...This feature is a real bliss. It will not say a word, if you do the basics like wearing seat belts, closing all doors properly or releasing your hand brake, fill fuel on time etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
I did 71K so far & my clutch & mountings are fine, even though i push her to the limits...
Its quite obvious mansidea your level of maintainence is excellent. That can be seen in the photos too.

btw your back pillars are paint, right?

and my next job: to paint the alloys cause the chrome is looking old

Last edited by Mohnish : 25th August 2008 at 10:26.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:02   #540
BHPian

Quote:
thats right mansidea. BTW, i have done the blackening of my pillars. i needed your comments.
Window frame masking will dramatically change the looks of the car without doubt. But it depends on the perfection. From the pics it looks great & goes well with the car. One suggestion is to keep a straight line from A to C pillar with the rubber beading. i.e. in your car it looks like there is a slight dip when it comes to the pillars after the rubber beading... or am i just seeing things?

Quote:
btw your back pillars are paint, right?
No. Its a Rs.300/- sticker job but that was a couple of years back. I am not sure about the cost now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks