51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 15:02   #3256
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

^
Read somewhere today, one of the analyst is of the opinion that among the pharma space Strides Shashun, Natco, Torrent, and Aurobindo are promising candidates but not Cipla, Lupin, and Sun.

Elsewhere, I am putting together a portfolio of stocks for a long term of 10 years. I would like to know from experts of some worthwhile names to start studying in the consumption space. This is from a perspective of at least 10 years.

Thanks.
Old 14th June 2016, 17:38   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
@spookey, need your advice.
Do you do technical analysis and trade? If so what are the good starting points/books/resources
Do you trade options too (Index/Stock/Currency (USD-INR))?
We can discuss some strategies.
Manduvindupondu, Apologies for the delayed response, i missed your post as you hadn't quoted me.
I use a combinaton of Fundamental / technicals / F&O data to trade. For technicals i would suggest to begin with candle stick charting and using basic technical indicators like accumulation / distribution , RSI , ADX etc. All the details are available on google. I also use Maximum pain theory extensively , again all details are available on google this theory also helps me take positional trades in stock futures not just options. I dont trade in currency.
Old 14th June 2016, 23:37   #3258
Distinguished - BHPian

Any reviews of RKSV? How are they offering free delivery? I understand they can reduce their brokerage to zero, but what about the applicable taxes?
Old 15th June 2016, 06:31   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any reviews of RKSV? How are they offering free delivery? I understand they can reduce their brokerage to zero, but what about the applicable taxes?
I heard positive things about RKSV, but never had first hand experience. I use Zerodha and am very happy with it. I also have Ventura1, which is decent.

PS: There are only things that can be said with absolute certainty. Death and Taxes :-) - Benjamin Franklin
Old 21st June 2016, 12:14   #3260
BHPian

Can a current user of HDFC Trading + Demat account share the various charges that are levied? For e.g. account opening for Demat + Trading (2 in 1), annual charges and commission charged for buy and hold. Does the commission percentage decrease if the volume of trade increase and is the commission only for buy and hold and not if its intraday?

TIA
Old 21st June 2016, 16:07   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can a current user of HDFC Trading + Demat account share the various charges that are levied? For e.g. account opening for Demat + Trading (2 in 1), annual charges and commission charged for buy and hold. Does the commission percentage decrease if the volume of trade increase and is the commission only for buy and hold and not if its intraday?

TIA
We opened the account recently and paid Rs 2999/- upfront as account opening charges. This includes free brokerage for trades worth Rs 20 Lakhs in the first year (Only Delivery).

Intra day is charged as 0.05%.

They had other options as well, for account opening, but this is what we preferred and selected.

Post the exhaustion of the Rs 20 Lakhs limit, the brokerage comes to .30 for delivery
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:47   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
We opened the account recently and paid Rs 2999/- upfront as account opening charges. This includes free brokerage for trades worth Rs 20 Lakhs in the first year (Only Delivery).

Intra day is charged as 0.05%.

They had other options as well, for account opening, but this is what we preferred and selected.

Post the exhaustion of the Rs 20 Lakhs limit, the brokerage comes to .30 for delivery
Thanks Abeer, few more questions if you could answer pls

Are charges for selling stocks from the Demat account free?

Do the commission charges remain the same from the second year?

Any annual charges for maintaining the 2 in one account

How does it compare with others in case you considered discount brokers also?
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:48   #3263
Senior - BHPian

I am perhaps too late for the Mahanagar IPO now.

How soon can I buy shares of Mahanagar Gas?
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:53   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Thanks Abeer, few more questions if you could answer pls

Are charges for selling stocks from the Demat account free?
The advance brokerage takes care of this in the first year

Do the commission charges remain the same from the second year?
It is 0.30 for the second year onwards. If the trading turnover is high, you can negotiate with the allocated Account Manager

Any annual charges for maintaining the 2 in one account
They had different slabs for this. Not able to recall the same. For senior citizens, i think it is Rs 250 per year

How does it compare with others in case you considered discount brokers also?
We had an account with ICICI Direct. The platform was good but brokerage was quite high. Around 0.55 in delivery. They do have advance brokerage plans to reduce the brokerage, but we did not find them economical
Answers in-line in Bold
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:55   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am perhaps too late for the Mahanagar IPO now.

How soon can I buy shares of Mahanagar Gas?
Why do you think you are late. The IPO is open till tomorrow, you can still apply. The IPO has been subscribed 1.1 times on day 1.

If not then I guess you can buy the shares upon listing. I am told that the listing will be at a minimum of 20% premium.
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:59   #3266
Senior - BHPian

^ Yes. I just saw that ICICI has an option on home page to get IPO. This is super exciting!
I always had a dream to participate in IPO. Will try my luck. Price shown is 421 Rs.
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:21   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Price shown is 421 Rs.
That's the cut off rate. You can bid between the price band of 380 to 421. Minimum 35 shares and multiples of 35 thereafter. Try your luck as we all do.
Old 23rd June 2016, 13:27   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
That's the cut off rate. You can bid between the price band of 380 to 421. Minimum 35 shares and multiples of 35 thereafter. Try your luck as we all do.
I see. I had selected "cut-off rate". However now I think I should withdraw and try to put a lower rate.
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:56   #3269
BHPian

Guys, today I wanted to subscribe for the Mahanagar Gas. Only while trying to apply(through Sharkhan portal), I found that ASBA has become mandatory. When I called Sharekhan, they told me that I need to fill the application form, and physically submit the same in their office. Instead, is it possible to apply for IPO online?

My Sharekhan account is linked to Citibank account. Is there any option in Citibank portal, where I could apply for the IPO?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 24th June 2016, 08:07   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, today I wanted to subscribe for the Mahanagar Gas. Only while trying to apply(through Sharkhan portal), I found that ASBA has become mandatory. When I called Sharekhan, they told me that I need to fill the application form, and physically submit the same in their office. Instead, is it possible to apply for IPO online?

My Sharekhan account is linked to Citibank account. Is there any option in Citibank portal, where I could apply for the IPO?

Any help is appreciated.
Sorry if this post comes late, you have lost out mate. yes applying for IPO has become compulsorily through ASBA and every bank does provide that feature with an exception of Citibank. Unfortunately Citibank does not have this option which I also recently came to know when my office colleague was frantically trying to apply for the IPO.

Just for you information, the IPO was oversubscribed 64 times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks