Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 14:52   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Kitex is taken a real beating today
Old 26th January 2016, 11:30   #3182
BHPian

1) Any Silver ETFS in the market please?
2) Any discussions on USDINR currency pair in options are welcome.
Old 28th January 2016, 20:23   #3183
BHPian

Any views on the EIL OFS which opens (and closes) tomorrow.
The floor price is 189 which means for retail investor it would be 179.55 (a discount of approx 7% from today's closing price of ~193).

Would this be a good pick from the long term?
Disclosure: Am already invested and think of this as a good opportunity to add more at lower costs.

Cheers,
S
Old 29th January 2016, 12:49   #3184

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Any views on the EIL OFS which opens (and closes) tomorrow.
The floor price is 189 which means for retail investor it would be 179.55 (a discount of approx 7% from today's closing price of ~193).

Cheers,
S
You will be very lucky to get it at the price if 179.55, which is not possible as many would bid at much higher than the cut-off price, say at 200, then they would be getting it at 190 sans 5% discount.
Moreover the retail size is around 140 cr which is very small (20% of total issue is allocated to retail)
Old 1st February 2016, 01:27   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
1) Any Silver ETFS in the market please?
2) Any discussions on USDINR currency pair in options are welcome.
Manduvindumondu.
Hi.
About a couple of years back I had checked about silver ETFs but unfortunately there were none. You have to buy physical silver and pay for storage. Turned out a blessing in disguise as gold and silver plummeted.
USDINR query: A few days back I read on a site that HDFC is quoting 3 year forward at rs 87. I do not know if it is true or not. I have emailed to my personal banker at HDFC and will chase her for an answer.
Meanwhile if you get some information please do post.
Regards
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:11   #3186
BHPian

I saw this news about Govt asking Coal India to buy back its shares. Since govt is the majority share holder (80%) in CIL they can do what they like. And to make the transaction look valid, CIL is bringing in state controlled SBI to advice them. Look like all within the family.

Link

Couldn't make out if it is a good deal in the long run.
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:03   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Manduvindumondu.
Hi.
About a couple of years back I had checked about silver ETFs but unfortunately there were none. You have to buy physical silver and pay for storage. Turned out a blessing in disguise as gold and silver plummeted.
USDINR query: A few days back I read on a site that HDFC is quoting 3 year forward at rs 87. I do not know if it is true or not. I have emailed to my personal banker at HDFC and will chase her for an answer.
Meanwhile if you get some information please do post.
Regards
Thanks faustus for the info on Silver ETFs.
I trade in USDINR Options and never in Futures. I generally write deep out of money options. Meaning, SELL options. I stopped it now, as the USD -INR rates are fluctuating like Surge-pricing in Uber :-)
Thinking of coming up with different strategies in the current volatile market.
Folks, your thoughts on Twitter current shareprice in US ($17) and if it is worth buying? It has been in a downtrend for quite sometime. Of course, it is battling many serious problems.
Context: FYI, Facebook dipped to $17 (yes, $17) a couple of years ago from IPO price of $34. Now it is at $107 :-)
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:34   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hi Shajufx ,

I started trading for a living since July 2013. I only trade in NSE stock futures and write options and dont do delivery based trading. My Annual returns (not compounded) were:
In Fy 2013-14 = 19 % , Fy 2015-16= 34 % , Current Fy 2015-16= 83 % so far. I prefer shorting stocks and write options.
What about the tax implications in trading derivatives?Can you please throw some light into this matter?
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:22   #3189
BHPian

Any views on Maruti as a stock?

Quoting from the 2015 Report Card thread, it is the leader in terms of market share and has consistently increased its sales from 2011 onwards while retaining its top spot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in India. But make no mistake, it's fitter, faster & fiercer than the younger group. In its relentless pursuit of market share, Maruti increased its annual sales from 11.52 lakhs in 2014 to 12.89 lakhs in 2015. To put things in perspective, Maruti's increase is about equal to the total sales of Toyota India.

Interestingly, nearly all Marutis on sale have recorded YOY increases.

From the new launches, it's a bitter-sweet scenario for Maruti. On the one hand, it got the Baleno absolutely spot on in terms of price & packaging. In just 3 months, 24,000 Balenos were sold, with December alone seeing over 10,000 shipments. What's also clear is that the Baleno is taking a couple of thousand sales away from the Swift (refer to monthly sales threads). On the other hand, the flagship S-Cross has gone into a tail-spin. From its first month of full production (August), the S-Cross has slipped into a state of continuous decline, closing the year with merely 2,000 sales in December. Its 1.6L engine, build & road manners are strong. However, the car looks ugly and Maruti completely botched up the pricing of the 1.6L variants. Hardly surprising when someone bragged about getting a 4 lakh discount on this car. Last week, Maruti slashed its prices by up to 2 lakh! If only the S-Cross was priced right from day one.
With another new launch Brezza (which appears to be a winner so far based on the discussions here) and the consistent performance of the company in terms of having largest market share in India and doing well, was contemplating buying this stock.

Folks invested/planning-to-invest please share your views.

Cheers,
S
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:10   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
What about the tax implications in trading derivatives?Can you please throw some light into this matter?
Hi Vindrider2626,

The income or loss is treated as business income or loss. If your net turnover exceeds Rs 1 cr or your profits are below 8% of your net turnover you will also have to get your accounts audited by a CA.
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:49   #3191
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
S
If you are a long term investor(greater than 3 years)looking for steady compounding returns you can definitely take a look at this stock. Not sure if you are familiar with SIPs,but in case you do-would suggest buying in lots over a period of 6-12 months rather than in a single lot considering the market volatility of late. Should give you a better average price.
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:10   #3192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
S
I am looking forward to MSIL too. Looks like its trading pretty low.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:28   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
@audioholic - Yes, it has fallen almost 20% from its 52 week high. It could possibly fall more given the market volatility but now is a good time to start adding the stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejavuTrip View Post
If you are a long term investor(greater than 3 years)looking for steady compounding returns you can definitely take a look at this stock. Not sure if you are familiar with SIPs,but in case you do-would suggest buying in lots over a period of 6-12 months rather than in a single lot considering the market volatility of late. Should give you a better average price.
@DejaVuTrip - Thanks for the inputs mate.
Yes, am familiar with the concept of SIPs and am planning to invest in blocks in Maruti, also because of limited Vitamin M to invest.
Old 4th February 2016, 15:44   #3194
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
While MSIL has fallen a lot, it is definitely not a stock with a huge margin of safety. In my opinion, it is still trading at expensive valuations. Please note that expensive/cheap is quite relative. MSIL is cheaper relative to what it was a few months back, but for a long term investment, it looks a bit expensive to me.
Old 9th February 2016, 15:43   #3195
J.Ravi

Today, three out of five of my buy orders were executed successfully.

100 Engineers India @ 175 [less than the recent OFS price!] BSE

50 PFC @ 175 NSE

50 Tata Motors @ 311 NSE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks