76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 92 7.17%
Voters: 1284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 17:17   #4336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Obviously, brokerage charges + NSE charges + STT can be set off against speculation income (F&O trading + day trading). If you are trading in the cash market only and holding stocks for more than one day, then you will just have to pay short term capital gains tax on the profits.
Apologies if I misunderstood but doesn't F&O income fall in the 'non-speculative' income category?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 13:02   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Your views on Reliance? With so many Jio updates happening on a weekly basis, I would like to know future prospects of RIL stock.
I sold half of Reliance shares. I bought it @650 three years ago and do not understand recent Jio updates (on a daily basis) at all. I do not use Jio, so it is bit difficult to understands its future prospects (especially how they are going to scale up and make money/profit to meet the expectation)
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 21:59   #4338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I sold half of Reliance shares. I bought it @650 three years ago and do not understand recent Jio updates (on a daily basis) at all. I do not use Jio, so it is bit difficult to understands its future prospects (especially how they are going to scale up and make money/profit to meet the expectation)
Exactly my point. While the news in print media reads Reliance net debt free much before Ambani's target of March 2021, people are falling to see the bigger picture and the pain that lies ahead.

At the end of March 2020, Reliance reported gross debt of Rs 3.36 lakh crore, with cash and equivalents of Rs 1.75 lakh crore. As per JP Morgan, this gross debt numbers don't include Rs 70,000 crore of debt transferred to InvIT (infrastructure investment trust), Rs 50,000 crore of capex creditors, and spectrum liabilities of over Rs 20,000 crore. These (additional) liabilities add up to Rs 1.4 lakh crore.

Whats interesting to note is that all this investors have invested in Jio Platforms and not the Oil Refinery business, which was one time a cash cow (pre covid).

And Ambani is using all this investment money to clear the net debt of Reliance Industries.

But investors and shareholders are only concerned in earnings and that is were the pain would come in the next few months.

Reliance Industries reported its steepest drop in quarterly profit in at least 13 years. Its mainstay refining unit saw its net profit fall 73 percent to Rs 2,580 crore in Q4. The refineries main products were Jet Fuel and petrochemical. With the aviation industries being one of the worst hits you can expect very poor Q1 number going ahead.

Over the past few quarters, Ambani has been increasingly reliant on its retail and telecom business, to hold up its earnings while its legacy businesses faces earning pressure.

How much Jio platform can pitch in now to fill the gap left by the refining business is anyone's guess and the retail unit too has taken a beating thanks to COVID - 19

On the other hand, what would be interesting to see is where Microsoft, Google and Amazon would now look as they were interested in investing in Jio platforms and have now missed the boat as Saudi Arabia’s PIF $1.5 billion investment on Thursday marked the end of Jio Platforms current phase of induction of financial partners.

So the other prospects for investment for these Tech giants would be Airtel or Vodafone. Amazon for sure is not going to let Jio become the new e-commerce giant in India without a fight.
SnS_12 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:40   #4339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw this complaint from some users in Moneycontrol (spam ) forum as well. IIRC - the issue was reported for Alok Industries.
I had a similar issue with my Voadafone shares which I had purchased on NSE and were suddenly showing under BSE last week. Upon enquiring I received the below response from the Zerodha support team

(The stocks that you have bought on either of the exchange doesn't matter. Once you have bought the shares it shows up in your demat account without any tag of where you have bought. In theKite holdings, the tag of the exchange indicates that the price of LTP has been fetched from there. So if the LTP of BSE is higher it will show as BSE and if NSE is higher it will show NSE. This is one benefit of trading at Zerodha.)

Now, the shares are showing under NSE. My only worry is if I had to sell my shares would the transaction go through or not under such circumstance? The only difference between trading on BSE and NSE other than the minimal price difference is the volume traded. So if you want to pick up bulk orders it will have to be on NSE. But for that you will need to deal with a stock broker I guess as on Zerodha the maximum I could purchase was 30k shares.
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:48   #4340
Senior - BHPian

Guys, recently I invested in the Sovereign Gold Bonds (Series III tranche). Any idea why I cannot see the units in my Zerodha Demat A/C? I even received a confirmation emails from Zerodha and CDSL notifying the credit of the units in my Demat account.

Last edited by Pancham : 23rd June 2020 at 15:56.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:18   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, recently I invested in the Sovereign Gold Bonds (Series III tranche). Any idea why I cannot see the units in my Zerodha Demat A/C? I even received a confirmation emails from Zerodha and CDSL notifying the credit of the units in my Demat account.
They will be visible in a few days. I invested in the Series II tranche and was worried about them not showing up. But, after 8-10 days, I could see them in my Zerodha holdings.
Jedi.Knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 13:36   #4342
BHPian

Reliance power has been on a steady increase since 26th of May. Initially 5p per day, then 10p and now 15p per day.
I had brought these shares in IPO and since then it had become junk. So, I had stopped following about this share. But recent rise is keeping me interested in this share again.
I have read that they won a case recently on Indonesia. But is this the only reason why this share is raising?
Old 24th June 2020, 14:13   #4343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Reliance power has been on a steady increase since 26th of May. Initially 5p per day, then 10p and now 15p per day.
I had brought these shares in IPO and since then it had become junk. So, I had stopped following about this share. But recent rise is keeping me interested in this share again.
I have read that they won a case recently on Indonesia. But is this the only reason why this share is raising?
Promoters are planning to increase their holding, which is seen as a positive. But doubt it will reach IPO level pricing from its current levels.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 12:42   #4344
BHPian

Hello Market experts,

Have been following the news & stock prices of NTPC from close to a week & based on what I read, it looks to be a good option for long term. Would like to hear from experts before making an investment. If not NTPC any other sector which is reliable for a long term investment is fine for me. Currently I hold around 39 % in Healthcare, 30 % in industrial & remaining split into other available categories. I am a layman & based on business news, following the stocks for few weeks & made purchases till date. I am currently at a loss of 4% of my overall investment. So going forward, would like to be smart

Any ideas/suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks
V
Old 7th July 2020, 12:50   #4345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Have been following the news & stock prices of NTPC from close to a week & based on what I read, it looks to be a good option for long term. Would like to hear from experts before making an investment.
NTPC has historically not performed well, but the company has excellent financials. It is trading below book value and is offering a 6% dividend yield. You should continue holding on to this stock.

Quote:
Currently I hold around 39 % in Healthcare, 30 % in industrial & remaining split into other available categories.
Allocating 30% to industrials is fine, because companies in this sector are diversified. However, 39% allocation to healthcare is not such a good idea. Get it down to 20% levels.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:05   #4346
BHPian

Are stocks like future retail, icici bank, sbi and axis bank good options to invest?

Newbie here never invested in stocks before.
Old 7th July 2020, 13:43   #4347
Senior - BHPian

Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Are stocks like future retail, icici bank, sbi and axis bank good options to invest?

Newbie here never invested in stocks before.

Future retail - No. it's highly volatile right now but has some (huge?) potential since Mukesh Ambani has taken over.

ICICI and SBI- Yes. Both are good banks. The downside with SBI is their large proportion of NPAs but should not be a problem for the long term.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 17:46   #4348
Senior - BHPian

I observed something peculiar today. Reliance disclosed further details to the BSE yesterday about the Facebook deal. Therein, it mentions that it allotted 9.99% equity shares of Jio to one Jaadhu LLC which is a 100% subsidiary of Facebook. Now I wanted to find out more about this company but as it turns out, it does not even have a website. Considering Facebook is one of the top tech giants, how come a company investing USD 10 billion in India does not even have a website. I could be wrong but is this normal?
Pancham is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 19:53   #4349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sold remaining half today .
Let me see whether I missed golden multibagger led by our mota bhai.
Old 11th July 2020, 00:52   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Considering Facebook is one of the top tech giants, how come a company investing USD 10 billion in India does not even have a website. I could be wrong but is this normal?
It's a known common practice among owners of large companies to have various, unheard, subsidiaries in their name for various legal and financial (tax, liability) purposes. Even in Reliance, only a small part of the family's holding is held directly under their name. Most of it is held indirectly - via other corporations they own.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Jaadhu LLC part - the investment is still from FB only.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 11th July 2020 at 00:57.
sidpunjabi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks